The Student Room Group

restore my virginity?

well i am a virgin (iv never had sex in my life) but i did end up breaking my hymen as a child during P.E (doing the hurdles, i didnt jump high enough and ended up smashing my thingy on the hurdle thing, not good at explaining lol and after that i went to the tiolet because i was crying and it hurt really bad and i found blood but i didnt tell anyone). And now that im older and iv never done anything with a guy, i havent even kissed a guy and the only guy iv ever hugged was this gay guy friend of mine lol. anyways im the type of person that wants "my future husband" to be the first for anything even my lipviriginity lol
and as iv grown older iv become really emotional the fact that physically speaking im not a virgin because if i have sex i wont bleed because the hymen is already broken and it makes me feel really sad and i use to cry when i was around 13/14 years old and now that im 17 im thinking about getting a minor operation known as hymen repair to reconstruct the membrane and restore my virginity because i want my husband to know that hes the first person :teehee:
i want to be
normal....:frown:

please can people give me advice on this and
and i also want to know from guys on TSR whether they would care if their wife or life partner didnt bleed the first time
i also want to know from any guys who believe in god or have a religion; whether they would hate their wife if she didnt bleed on the wedding night or they would trust her and believe her if she told you that something bad happened to her. :frown: i feel worthless because i want my future husband to not hate me

Scroll to see replies

:rofl:

Restore virginity I think you mean restore hymen lol you're still a virgin

Surely if your bf/husband doesn't believe you are a virgin he's not worth your time but why would you go through all that for a bit of skin, I'll doubt he would even notice.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
You are a virgin. A virgin is someone who has not had sex. Using the hymen as "proof" is archaic and unscientific. And surgery to restore it is risky, painful and completely unnecessary (you will not get it on the NHS).

What happened to you as a child was not your fault and doesn't make you any less of a virgin. Don't make your life miserable over this.
Reply 3
Your 'first' doesn't need to see blood to know you're a virgin. Just be honest and tell him, and if you think its necessary, explain what happened.
There'll be another pretty OBVIOUS giveaway you could be a virgin when your "future husband" has sex with you the first time...
Reply 5
Original post by Indieboohoo
:rofl:

Restore virginity I think you mean restore hymen lol you're still a virgin

Surely if your bf/husband doesn't believe you are a virgin he's not worth your time but why would you go through all that for a bit of skin, I'll doubt he would even notice.

oh haha ...thats what they call it on the website i was checking where you can get that minor surgery from (its in london) for about over £1500 :redface:
Reply 6
Not everyone bleeds the first time they have sex, even if they do have a hymen.

Besides, it'll be your wedding night, I highly doubt he'll be sat there with a torch inspecting the sheets carefully for signs of blood.

lol one cannot simply 'restore' one's virginity.

seriosuly, you still are techincaly a virgin and chances are you won't even bleed *that much* to the extent that it's visible for your husband to see, and I doubt he'll want a divorce just because he doesn't see the blood. Be funny if he did though (want a divorce).
You're being kind of weird....mine broke through sports/horse riding big deal.
Reply 9
Don't bother. Having that kind of operation will probably involve more 'invasion' than sex would.
Original post by Helenia
You are a virgin. A virgin is someone who has not had sex. Using the hymen as "proof" is archaic and unscientific. And surgery to restore it is risky, painful and completely unnecessary (you will not get it on the NHS).

What happened to you as a child was not your fault and doesn't make you any less of a virgin. Don't make your life miserable over this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7275558.stm

It's happened before though.

But yes, I agree, a virgin is someone who hasn't had sex. Therefore you are a virgin.
oh dear lord
Girl, You're still a virgin. Whether you draw blood or not doesn't matter. The term refers to the fact that you've never had a penis inside of you. So you're good.
Reply 13
Original post by im so academic
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7275558.stm

It's happened before though.

But yes, I agree, a virgin is someone who hasn't had sex. Therefore you are a virgin.

I know. I've had people ask me for it. It doesn't make it any less abhorrent.

Pensivedore
seriosuly, you still are techincaly a virgin and chances are you won't even bleed *that much* to the extent that it's visible for your husband to see, and I doubt he'll want a divorce just because he doesn't see the blood. Be funny if he did though (want a divorce).

Tbh, if he's enough of a prick to think that way, I'd divorce him (though the situation obviously wouldn't arise).
hymen surgery? lol. the surgeons will violate you even more ;_;

and even though my hymen broke whilst i was playing football (quickly stretched leg out to control a ball mid-air...) aged 13 i still have not had sex and thus still consider myself to be a virgin

mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. U_U
Reply 15
You don't seem like the person who would lie about it, I wouldn't worry to much, if your marrying the person they need to trust you a fair amount anyway.
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous
... the only guy iv ever hugged was this gay guy friend of mine...

This sentence sounds very funny :rofl: :toofunny:
a lot of girls rip it to some extent during exercise or using tampons so you are completely normal (and a virgin)

dpending how much you ripped it you may also still bleed anyway
Reply 18
Have sex on your period. Problem solved :biggrin:
Reply 19
obv your still a virgin, over 50% of girls hymens break before their first time, hymen breaking is not the definition of losing your virginity, and what the hell is lip virginity?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending