The Student Room Group

Girls: Do you really care about abs over big chest, shoulders, arms and back?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Teveth
I am fairly toned/'ripped' and I spend zero time in the gym. I might do the odd set of press ups every now and again, but mainly it's about diet.

But if by toned you been bulky, then fair point.

I call bullsh*t.

Weight and height?
I'd rather a guy be a decent size all over rather than have defined abs and weedy arms and legs.
Reply 82
I prefer broad shoulders, so much better for hugs :smile: toned body is not bad but not a necessity and definitely not excessively bulky.
Original post by dmz
it doesn't even take that it's like 10mins of press ups and sit ups in the morning and before bed.

LOL

Any more words of wisdom?
Reply 84
Original post by MC armani
LOL

Any more words of wisdom?

erm find a gf
Reply 85
It's all about the arms!
Original post by dmz
erm find a gf

You're on fire man!!! Hit me again ignorant internet tough guy!
Original post by Anya~
BUT tsr girls, why do you lie so much?!?!? Do you like chubby guys because they make you feel better about yourself? Or because you dont want to look shallow? :confused:

This sums up the whole forum.

The key to TSR is, you ask a question and you listen to the opposite of what the majority forum opinion tells you.
Reply 88
You're on fire man!!! Hit me again ignorant internet tough guy!

because it's tough to do 10mins of push up and sit ups before bed, internet trying to be funny guy :rolleyes:
Original post by dmz
because it's tough to do 10mins of push up and sit ups before bed, internet trying to be funny guy :rolleyes:

If you do find it tough then you're obviously not very strong, and in that case, I'm sorry. But one thing's for sure: situps and pressups alone won't get you in any sort of good shape. Especially at night. The last thing you want to when you're just about to go to bed is get your adrenaline pumping. It'll just keep you awake all night.

And btw, I go to the gym and I also have a girlfriend. They're not mutually exclusive as you seem to think.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lexi99

If he is watching what he eats and he works out, he isn't doing it right.

I work out 4 days a week, before work and after a day in college. Why would me doing something I really want to do impede any relationship I may have?

How many hours do you spend watching garbage on the tv or looking at clothes? Chatting to friends?

This goes both ways honey, dont be hypocritical of mens activities when women are pretty much the worst for time wasting.
Reply 91
If you do find it tough then you're obviously not very strong, and in that case, I'm sorry. But one thing's for sure: situps and pressups alone won't get you in any sort of good shape. Especially at night. The last thing you want to when you're just about to go to bed is get your adrenaline pumping. It'll just keep you awake all night.

And btw, I go to the gym and I also have a girlfriend. They're not mutually exclusive as you seem to think.

Oh dear, sarcasm not your strong suit then? Well maybe i wasn't detailed enough (i assumed it was the average person who does some kind of cardio sport occasionally), i do ****load of sports so don't need to go to the gym to get pacs, i literally do about 50press ups, arm gets tired, go to bed. Never had problem sleeping. Reckon i'm stronger than you but this is the internet so we won't argue about that.

Good for you
Ab's dont really bother me. I much prefer broad shoulders and arms, makes me feel so safe when i'm with him and he gives amazing cuddles :smile:
I really don't care about abs.
Shoulders and chest are way more important imo.
Original post by dmz
Oh dear, sarcasm not your strong suit then? Well maybe i wasn't detailed enough (i assumed it was the average person who does some kind of cardio sport occasionally), i do ****load of sports so don't need to go to the gym to get pacs, i literally do about 50press ups, arm gets tired, go to bed. Never had problem sleeping. Reckon i'm stronger than you but this is the internet so we won't argue about that.

Good for you

Unless you haven't realised yet, sarcasm isn't detectable over the internet, especially when it's not even good sarcasm. If you can only do 50 pressups then you're actually probably significantly weaker than the average athletic person, so don't be proud of yourself. I can bench 250lbs which, considering you only do pressups, is probably at least 60-70lbs more than you could do, but as you said, never mind.
Reply 95
Unless you haven't realised yet, sarcasm isn't detectable over the internet, especially when it's not even good sarcasm. If you can only do 50 pressups then you're actually probably significantly weaker than the average athletic person, so don't be proud of yourself. I can bench 250lbs which, considering you only do pressups, is probably at least 60-70lbs more than you could do, but as you said, never mind.

hence the rolleyes :colonhash:. :erm: no it doesn't as everyone's different sizes, i could easily go from doing 50-80 in a week, it's not like i do it every night, i stop for weeks then start again and gotta start from the bottom that's how it works. Perhaps, but i doubt we're the same age or size, a big fat guy would easily do that, and apart from that it's of no relevance as i was trying to say it doesn't take a lot of effort to have good body, don't need to spend hours at the gym, no girl gives a **** and ask you how much you can lift, long as you can pick her up if need :colonhash:

Sorry who was the internet toughguy again?

e: oh and you can't bench 60lbs more than me and i've only met 1 other person my size who could lift more than me and he was 3years older
(edited 13 years ago)
To be honest, taking into account huge individual differences, is there a point to any answers from females here? A lot will want abs. Some will want legs. Others chest/shoulders arms. Some may be obsessed with all of them, some couldn't care less. In any case, it's going to depend upon the personality in tandem with the body-noone wants to date an Action Man figurine, and nor do they want to date an overweight slob. Sure, having a great body may be to your advantage amongst a certain type of girl in a club for a ONS, but for a relationship....clearly there are other factors at work.
Reply 97
Original post by Keith Lemon
I call bullsh*t.

Weight and height?

What's hard to believe?

I'm not claiming to be muscular in the sense of having large muscles. I'm actually quite skinny/slim. I'm toned, though. The point I am making is that being toned/ripped takes practically no effort. It's just about not eating more calories than you expend.

I'm 5'11 and weigh about 11.5-12 stone. Why do you want to know that?
Original post by Teveth
What's hard to believe?

I'm not claiming to be muscular in the sense of having large muscles. I'm actually quite skinny/slim. I'm toned, though. The point I am making is that being toned/ripped takes practically no effort. It's just about not eating more calories than you expend.

I'm 5'11 and weigh about 11.5-12 stone. Why do you want to know that?

It's just the way you claimed to be ripped by just doing a few press ups.

Ripped, generally means you have a reasonable amount of muscle as well.
nope, i don't. it's only a bonus, and not much of one to be fair. i don't really like muscly guys... unless they play rugby.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending