The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by T.Adams VI
Yeah sure :yy:

I give up arguing. But in the future if you want to bum spurs, please do it another thread, you can even talk about 'Arry being good enough to manage Barcelona if you want. :yy:

It's probably not too far off.

Let's post 1st teams and compare. Just for kicks. It doesn't mean anything anyway, but I think it'd be fairly close. I can't do the Spurs 1st team, could do 90% of it but it would have to be accurate. If there are any spurs fans reading post your perfect 1st team with no injuries etc. Post it as 4-4-2, makes it easier for comparison.

Arsenal;

______Van Persie___Bendtner________

_Nasri__Fabregas__Wilshere__Rosicky?_

_Clichy__Vermaelen__Koscielny__Sagna_

_____________Szczesny_____________

Players are not in order or formation. Would anyone change anything in there?
Original post by MoMatrix
Yeah thanks for the advice and well done for noticing that Arsenal aren't good enough years later than everyone else.

We actually are good enough. It's Wenger stubborness with regards to tactics which is the reason why we're losing. And also not punishing players when they put in below par performances.

Look how poor the United midfield is, the only difference is Fergie is milking every player for more than what they are worth.

Wenger is problem is not his ability, it's his style of management. He'd be better of managing Real Madrid, while we'd be better with a dictator like Capello.
oh yeah Nasri > Modric.

Nasri was France's player of the year.

I usually don't agree with this guy, but Spurs have world class players. VDV, Modric, & Bale are all world class. Defoe is a world class finisher if not a striker.

I'm a big Nasri fan but Modric > Nasri. Modric does most of his work behind the scenes, he's the best midfield operator in the EPL IMO, he doesn't score as much but that doesn't mean he isn't as good. Being Frances player of the year wasn't hard, the whole country hates the WC squad.

Arsenal don't need to buy big in the summer, they need to keep Clichy and Fab, wrap RVP in bubblewrap, and buy a back up just in case, a Arsenal Pavlyuchenko. The Wenger needs to find a way to play Fab and Nasri together rather than just shifting Nasri out wide which a 12 year old on football manager could have found as a solution.
Reply 7903
Original post by Deshi
Oh come on man. Nasri has had a very good season so far but Modric has been awesome for a few years now and is better, if Nasri can keep this kind of form up for a few years fair enough, but to declare he's better than Modric is premature. He is the best player at Tottenham.

He is very deluded. Didn't take him seriously after he said Bent who has 87 league goals in 5 years is on par with Nicklas Bendtner.
Original post by TommyWannabe
It's probably not too far off.

Let's post 1st teams and compare. Just for kicks. It doesn't mean anything anyway, but I think it'd be fairly close. I can't do the Spurs 1st team, could do 90% of it but it would have to be accurate. If there are any spurs fans reading post your perfect 1st team with no injuries etc. Post it as 4-4-2, makes it easier for comparison.

Arsenal;

______Van Persie___Bendtner________

_Nasri__Fabregas__Wilshere__Rosicky?_

_Clichy__Vermaelen__Koscielny__Sagna_

_____________Szczesny_____________

Players are not in order or formation. Would anyone change anything in there?

Jog on with Rosicky ahead of Walcott/Arshavin.

How can anyone take you seriously when you post crap like that.
The players Wenger picks are based on ability, which in itself is a great thing. Problem is that he disregards how much difference mentality can make. United have a winning mentality ingrained into them, where they still keep on believing they will win and when they don't, they make someone else (for example the refs) the enemy to fuel the team on next time.
Jog on with Rosicky ahead of Walcott/Arshavin.

How can anyone take you seriously when you post crap like that.

Hence the question mark. We're talking completely injury free. Walcott has hardly set the league on fire, neither has Arshavin. In fact for 80% of this season he's been critically poor.

I'll accept Walcott over Rosicky, but there's not a huge amount in it.
Original post by Deshi
Oh come on man. Nasri has had a very good season so far but Modric has been awesome for a few years now and is better, if Nasri can keep this kind of form up for a few years fair enough, but to declare he's better than Modric is premature. He is the best player at Tottenham.

What and Nasri was crap before this season? Since Nasri came to the Emirates, It's a well known fact he's always been one of our star performers. Look at his performance against Porto last season. Just cause he's scoring now, it doesn't mean he was crap before.

Modric is overrated, just like most of the Spurs squad.
Reply 7908
Original post by doggyfizzel
I usually don't agree with this guy, but Spurs have world class players. VDV, Modric, & Bale are all world class. Defoe is a world class finisher if not a striker.

I'm a big Nasri fan but Modric > Nasri. Modric does most of his work behind the scenes, he's the best midfield operator in the EPL IMO, he doesn't score as much but that doesn't mean he isn't as good. Being Frances player of the year wasn't hard, the whole country hates the WC squad.

Arsenal don't need to buy big in the summer, they need to keep Clichy and Fab, wrap RVP in bubblewrap, and buy a back up just in case, a Arsenal Pavlyuchenko. The Wenger needs to find a way to play Fab and Nasri together rather than just shifting Nasri out wide which a 12 year old on football manager could have found as a solution.

They also have world class defenders e.g King and Dawson.
Hence the question mark. We're talking completely injury free. Walcott has hardly set the league on fire, neither has Arshavin.

So what Rosicky has basically been playing like Zidane then?

I give up, looks like I'm attracting the wums.
Reply 7910
What and Nasri was crap before this season? Since Nasri came to the Emirates, It's a well known fact he's always been one of our star performers. Look at his performance against Porto last season. Just cause he's scoring now, it doesn't mean he was crap before.

Modric is overrated
, just like most of the Spurs squad.

You clearly don't watch Spurs he pulls the strings and controls the tempo a la Xabi Alonso.

When did I say Rosicky has been playing like Zidane?

Are you saying that Walcott and Arshavin have?
Reply 7912

No he is just referring to the fact Arshavin hasn't been much better than Rosicky this season. But Walcott/Arshavin are ahead in the squad.
Reply 7913

No, Modric was just a lot better.

Modric is overrated, just like most of the Spurs squad.

In your opinion. Your hate for Spurs is clearly showing.
Original post by MoMatrix
They also have world class defenders e.g King and Dawson.
True, although I left them out for injury reasons, but when they have a good run I agree. There is an amazing statistic about michael dawson, someone told me, unfortunately I was drunk at the time and can only remember being impressed:colondollar:
Original post by Deshi
No, Modric was just a lot better.

Modric was not a lot better than Nasri. Thats categorically and unambiguously incorrect.

I hate Spurs, but believe it or not, I don't let it cloud my judgement. Their 5th, where they belong, and I don't expect them to be in the Champions League for at least the next 3 years. I'm willing to make bets on that.
Reply 7916
Modric was not a lot better than Nasri. Thats categorically and unambiguously incorrect.

I hate Spurs, but believe it or not, I don't let it cloud my judgement. Their 5th, where they belong, and I don't expect them to be in the Champions League for at least the next 3 years. I'm willing to make bets on that.

The chance of Spurs not being in the Champions League for the next 3 years is pretty much as equal as Arsenals with United,City,Chelsea and Liverpool's resurgence especially with the potential loss of Fabregas.
Reply 7917
JK.
OP
What has this thread descended into. :facepalm2:
Reply 7918

He was better, maybe not a lot better, but he was definitely better.

I hate Spurs, but believe it or not, I don't let it cloud my judgement.

Well then there's no other conclusion other than you being stupid. You come out with a lot of crap (e.g. Bendtner=Bent :lol:) and then have the audacity to label other people as wums :toofunny:
Hence the question mark. We're talking completely injury free. Walcott has hardly set the league on fire, neither has Arshavin. In fact for 80% of this season he's been critically poor.

I'll accept Walcott over Rosicky, but there's not a huge amount in it.

According to Wiki

Rosicky 1 goal 5 assists

Arshavin 10 goals 17 assists

Walcott 11 goals 8 assists

Was it really that hard to decide who our first team right winger should be? Are you that deluded?

You're clearly a spurs fan, which is why you jumped at that chance to compare both squads, so you could make a point. The fact you only come in this thread when we lose makes the case of you being a spurs fan even stronger.

Latest