The Student Room Group

This happening in any other sxith forms

The unit 2's of subjects are being massivley rushed. Teachers are basically going trhough powerpoints and giving us homework for something we don't even correctly understand. I think we'd learn more just self teaching at this rate.

Scroll to see replies

My teachers ALWAYS go thruogh LOTS of powerpoints so yeah.. =.=
Reply 2
Original post by street.lovin'
My teachers ALWAYS go thruogh LOTS of powerpoints so yeah.. =.=

Not the best form of teachng is it. I appreciate when a teacher can go to the board and write/draw without the book, shame hardly any teachers do that anymore.
Reply 3
tru say.,
for our first exam in psychology, and sociology we did unit 2
but trustme itsfor the best!!!
School is a waste of time to be honest. I'm far more comfortable just sitting at home and working through the text book myself, and then going to school and asking the teacher politely to explain properly on a particular area I am stuck on.

But then of course, I get EMA! What a curse!
Reply 5
Definitely. I have only one teacher who seems to be on target. The rest a rushing and giving us after school lessons. Not cool!
Reply 6
Ye and some of my teachers aren't even doing those presentations properly. I missed one day of college last week and apparantly my teacher had gone through 20 pages of content. Complete BS tbh.
Original post by canthardlywait
Not the best form of teachng is it. I appreciate when a teacher can go to the board and write/draw without the book, shame hardly any teachers do that anymore.

Same. It's boring as well.

It seems like the teacher use someone eles' brain when teaching us. If you get what I mean?

All we did was just taking ****loads of notes which majority of them goes in the bin and never get looked at again. :dontknow:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
powerpoints are frequently used, but yeah, we haven't got halfway through each spec yet in either chem or bio D: We even went to a revision day for chemistry 2 and didn't understand most of the topics covered, some we hadn't even heard of..
Reply 9
Yeah, my school's already broken up for Easter and the only subject of my four that I've finished the course in is Classics.... going to have to teach myself Chem, Bio and Maths :\
The unit 2's of subjects are being massivley rushed. Teachers are basically going trhough powerpoints and giving us homework for something we don't even correctly understand. I think we'd learn more just self teaching at this rate.

They don't really have much choice - AS exams are so early that some parts of the course unfortunately have to be rushed.
Reply 11
Try and get alot of your class to tell your teachers.
It's like this in my AS History, my teachers even telling us that we won't get through it all in lessons so we'll just have to do it ourselves, and that's with rushing through it :/
Original post by Sashari
Definitely. I have only one teacher who seems to be on target. The rest a rushing and giving us after school lessons. Not cool!

Precisley! I finish college at 3.45, only for teachers to give us HW which takes 1.5-2 hours(preventing me from actually being able to revise the stuff i need to.Not to mention the whisper of an extra period suggested sometimes! And then saturday classes WTF?)
Original post by Wick3d

But then of course, I get EMA! What a curse!

EMA's works then. See what I did there?

That is all.

Tootles.
Original post by street.lovin'

He just thought all the random conversation about the stuffs related to the subjects were relevant to the syllabus when it was not.

Ahh, the amount of times my teachers go off on one about things about the real world. Quite amusing actually. My business teacher always seems come up with a different story about himself and Tesco, every other lesson.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
im pretty sure this happens in every sixth form - there's just too much A2 content and not really enough time!
Precisley! I finish college at 3.45, only for teachers to give us HW which takes 1.5-2 hours(preventing me from actually being able to revise the stuff i need to.Not to mention the whisper of an extra period suggested sometimes! And then saturday classes WTF?)

That's kind of better than my teacher who thought he taught us EVERYTHING already when he has not.

He just thought all the random conversation about the stuffs related to the subjects were relevant to the syllabus when it was not.

We ended up being asked every single lesson whether we think we have already coverred everything, when , to be honest, the teacher should know!
Original post by kayyyy_x
Yeah, my school's already broken up for Easter and the only subject of my four that I've finished the course in is Classics.... going to have to teach myself Chem, Bio and Maths :\

I do Bio/Chem aswell, and I find especially with Bio, the teacher just reads off the powerpoint because we haven't got near finishing. Im gonna have to teach myself too, but they give us stupid amounts of HW, for no reason.If they taught in a decent manner , this wouldn't be neccessary.
Reply 18
Core 2 - is being really rushed, and so is Mechanics, but to a lesser extent
History Unit 1 - Still have a week of learning, then have to revise a whole year of work o.o
History Unit 2 - Finished and doing essay practice, but she never really taught us, it was more we write notes on the chapter then she would go though it in lesson
Biology - Probably going to be a bit of a squeeze
Chemistry - One teacher we have plenty of time to finish the course and with the other teacher we keep missing his lessons for school stuff so we are a bit behind :/
Original post by Bektas
EMA's works then. See what I did there?

That is all.

Tootles.

Ahh, the amount of times my teachers go off on one about things about the real world. Quite amusing actually. My business teacher always seems come up with a different story about himself and Tesco, every other lesson.

lool It's amusing but its' kind of annoying when near the end of term you realise you have learnt hardly anything, =.=

Quick Reply

Latest