yep
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
"Hey Baby... Why you walking so fast?!"
Original post by Yawn11
"Hey Baby... Why you walking so fast?!"

Gee, thanks! reaaaally helpful.

Wanting a conversation with somebody isn't the same as stalking them..
Actually, saying hi and asking something random will be a great aid if you are trying to a guy like me... I am shy and introverted..
So once someone starts the conversation I don't have any problem continuing...
Reply 4
Original post by foldingstars45
Gee, thanks! reaaaally helpful.

Wanting a conversation with somebody isn't the same as stalking them..

- Casually bump into them whilst holding a load of papers/documents.

- Drop them on the floor upon contact.

- Apologise for your clumsiness.

- Introduce yourself.

The rest is history really. Works like a charm.
Original post by Yawn11
- Casually bump into them whilst holding a load of papers/documents.

- Drop them on the floor upon contact.

- Apologise for your clumsiness.

- Introduce yourself.

The rest is history really. Works like a charm.

i actually love this :smile: if only :wink:
he already knows who i am though.. so the introducing part will not work.. shame!
Original post by DopplerEffect
Actually, saying hi and asking something random will be a great aid if you are trying to a guy like me... I am shy and introverted..
So once someone starts the conversation I don't have any problem continuing...

sddsddsds
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm asking this because I'm finding it difficult to talk to a boy I like >.<
But I don't just mean somebody you fancy, like anybody really :smile:?
Would the person think you are silly just for being like 'Hi' and asking something random (like related to the moment haha)?

Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Standard opening lines that should work on anyone include:

"Do you like being watched while you sleep?"
"You have pretty eyelids, can I have them?"
"We haven't met but I've been watching you for some time"
"I like the way you breathe"
"I collect memories and I shall treasure meeting you"
"Do you like knives?"
"Will you be my friend?"
"The voices tell me bad things, but I wont let them take you"
"I like it when the red water comes"
"Have you seen my baseball?"

Those are all classics

Make sure you leave a long, long pause after asking one of the questions, and try and accentuate your breathing as much as possible to demonstrate your ernest.
Original post by HistoryRepeating
Standard opening lines that should work on anyone include:

"Do you like being watched while you sleep?"
"You have pretty eyelids, can I have them?"
"We haven't met but I've been watching you for some time"
"I like the way you breathe"
"I collect memories and I shall treasure meeting you"
"Do you like knives?"
"Will you be my friend?"
"The voices tell me bad things, but I wont let them take you"
"I like it when the red water comes"
"Have you seen my baseball?"

Those are all classics

Make sure you leave a long, long pause after asking one of the questions, and try and accentuate your breathing as much as possible to demonstrate your ernest.

hilarious! ...not
Reply 9
sick of seeing threads like this!you've got to start somewhere so why not just go for it :s
But I am shy and introverted! and I believe he is too ^.^

:smile: then definitely start the conversation...
Original post by siwelmail
If you're reasonably pretty he may find it weird, but open to conversation so keep it going at the start then it'll just flow

Sorry, I don't understand?
Reply 12
Sorry, I don't understand?

He means post a pic :wink:
Just ask anything.
How are you finding your course?
Where abouts are you from?
.......and just follow on from there. Simples.
Original post by A-K-J
He means post a pic :wink:

Eh... no thanks :confused: :eyebrow:
Reply 15
If you are sat near him make an observation about something, could be anything really that may relate to him or both of you. Could help break the ice?
Well it depends where the conversations are taking place. Say in a pub/club at night it wouldn't be seen as peculiar. I suppose it's easier if you were at Uni because you could just ask the person about what course they do and if they've been here before etc etc. Plus you're more likely to have a wing man/woman so you don't feel like you're going at it alone!

I think it's more difficult talking to a person randomly during the day. Unless you're in a library or somewhere like that and kind of know the person then you could ask to sit at their table and hopefully they'll just as much engage in conversation with you are you are trying to with them!

I suppose the way you approach a person largely depends on where you are at the time if you know what I mean. I always find it strange if someone starts talking to you and you don't know them and they don't know you, unless you're in a pub/club.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
Relax your standards on what you say.

If you try too hard to think of something awesome to say, you freeze up and the whole thing turns into a massive uncomfortable silence. Just remember that everyone else is trying to avoid the same thing, and will follow your conversational lead with relief as it takes the pressure off of them. So stop caring about what comes out of your mouth, and just verbally vomit out whatever you're thinking.

Go up to him and start talking about how the bee that flew past your face outside span you right out, or how if you had the balls you'd go out and get a mohawk, because you've thought they were badass ever since you had a lady crush on some chick from a computer game.

If you want to talk to a stranger, just preface it with 'can I get your opinion on something?' or 'Excuse me, do you know if...'. Pretty much everyone wants to make new friends, so people are shockingly open to a random conversation that isn't creepy, or comprised entirely of small talk.

Believe me, once you realise that noone cares what you say, the feeling of freedom is intense. All of a sudden talking to people is fun, instead of stressful.
Pretend like you don't really know him "Hey are you *insert name here*?" Then start off from there :P He's not gonna think you're a weirdo, unless you act really creepy and start telling him how much you REALLY know him (guy came up to me the other day, spoke to him like once but he was quoting my facebook status' from weeks ago and everything :|) but yeah just talk about your uni course, make fun of hated lecturers etc etc
You'll find common ground, especially if you're on the same course!
It's incredibly cirumstantial, usually just play off the situation your in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending