The Student Room Group

First gay caveman found?!

Scroll to see replies

I don't see why being buried like a woman means you're gay. Surely if you're gay you're still a man so why would this affect the burial? Maybe he was particularly good at roles which were usually done by females?
Haha just cause he was a bit camp doesn't mean he liked it up the chuff!

Or maybe he was a hermaphrodite? Seems like the obvious answer to me...
Reply 22
Original post by Lewroll
He could have just been a pussy so his cavemen bredrin buried him like a woman to take the piss and they thought God would laugh at him.

I think my theory is better.

It's as sound a theory as the gay/transvestite one really. Well done for thinking outside of the box.

Original post by Mad Cat Lady
Haha just cause he was a bit camp doesn't mean he liked it up the chuff!

What a beautifully constructed sentence.
Original post by Aj12
Great. Even cavemen are more accepting than modern society.

Agree.

So much for progress.
(edited 13 years ago)
why are people trying to promote gayness, this is bait dumb crap, what if the guy just died over there or something you cant tell what happened its just ideas, evidence for the first gay... rubbish
Reply 25
Even cavemen did not accept queers. Society knows best.
Reply 26
This proves nothing, the way someone buried shows what sexuality they are? pfft
Original post by Lewroll
He could have just been a pussy so his cavemen bredrin buried him like a woman to take the piss and they thought God would laugh at him.

I think my theory is better.

That was my thought as well. This could have been an expression of contempt.
Stupid Europeans, the Egyptians had managed to construct the Great Pyramid of Giza while we were still living in caves.
Why do people find this so hard to believe? Homosexuality has been around for thousands of years (why do you think it's "banned" in the bible otherwise? It must of been going on for them to get upset about it) and a lot of emphasis on funeral ritual was placed during this time period. Everything would have been deliberate, and actully it's only relatively-recently homosexuality has been seen as something negative. It's widely accepted that Shakespeare had male lovers.

Original post by Ventura7
This proves nothing, the way someone buried shows what sexuality they are? pfft

Archaeologists have been studying funeral rites in this area for years, it's a very popular place for excavations because skeletons are so well preserved there. It is clearly a male skeleton and it is buried in a female way. If they did it out of contempt they would not have wasted good pottery and spent so long positioning him, they'd have just dumped him in a hole. He was clearly well respected to have things buried with him. You'd be surprised at the amount of information archaeologists can get from a skeleton.

Besides which, the media have actually reported this wrong. They believe he was transgender, not gay. The tabloids are calling it gay to simplify things.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm sure he'd agree, that this is simply ~Fabulous~.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending