The Student Room Group

Which is the best Uni...?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mangoh
my opinion but I would stay clear of places like cambridge & oxford as it is too upper class for my liking. (just my view)

however I think uni's such as the university of manchester is good considering u want to go into the economics.

why was I quoted?
Reply 61
Original post by Reminisce
Okay but considering open days, friends and various other online resources, I'd say their economics course is very close or on par with Oxbridge tbh...

Many people on here have argued LSE is better than oxbridge for IB.. google IB and best uni list (which i have done since)... I just didnt want to get bogged down in arguing about Unis and so pasted in the first credible list i saw... I realise your attempt to provide the OP with the most accurate information however so cannot quibble that you are likely to be correct :colondollar::smile:
Original post by L-J-B
Many people on here have argued LSE is better than oxbridge for IB.. google IB and best uni list (which i have done since)... I just didnt want to get bogged down in arguing about Unis and so pasted in the first credible list i saw... I realise your attempt to provide the OP with the most accurate information however so cannot quibble that you are likely to be correct :colondollar::smile:

People are talking **** when they say LSE is better. The oldboy network is alive and well and Oxbridge simply has better connotations.
Reply 63
Original post by HistoryRepeating
People are talking **** when they say LSE is better. The oldboy network is alive and well and Oxbridge simply has better connotations.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=351393

Take it up with this lot.

Not true I'm afraid. Old boy network was yesteryear, the LSE brand and network + extracurriculars are more than good enough to get you through the door, after that it is up to you.
Original post by etrain1986
Not true I'm afraid. Old boy network was yesteryear, the LSE brand and network + extracurriculars are more than good enough to get you through the door, after that it is up to you.

No doubt LSE will get you through the door often as not. Oxbridge connections sometimes create doors where there were none though.

I dont think this is right, but having worked in the city for 3 years now I see it every ****ing day (seriously, the next senior management guy to come in and ask for work experience for one of his oxbridge chum's son who has "just come up to Christchurch" I will kill with a hammer.
Reply 66
No doubt LSE will get you through the door often as not. Oxbridge connections sometimes create doors where there were none though.

I dont think this is right, but having worked in the city for 3 years now I see it every ****ing day (seriously, the next senior management guy to come in and ask for work experience for one of his oxbridge chum's son who has "just come up to Christchurch" I will kill with a hammer.

What are you involved in within the City?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending