Reply 1
my friend says it was very good
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by Staker
my friend says it was very good

Was your friend referring to the nightlife or the actual teaching/degrees?
Reply 3
Both- said the teaching was great and had a really good time socially.
Reply 4
Original post by Staker
Both- said the teaching was great and had a really good time socially.

Reply 5
Original post by hatemylife

I'd say its a decent university, in terms of being a fairly new one it's rather good, what course do you plan on doing? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by nunugab
I'd say its a decent university, in terms of being a fairly new one it's rather good, what course do you plan on doing? :smile:

History. I've only really looked at Bath Spa this evening and the requirements are appropriate for me, the campus looks beautiful, and the actual modules in History entice me. I'm reticent though, as it seems almost too good to be true, and whenever I find something I really like something invariably changes my mind or ruins my plans. Touch wood!
Reply 7
History. I've only really looked at Bath Spa this evening and the requirements are appropriate for me, the campus looks beautiful, and the actual modules in History entice me. I'm reticent though, as it seems almost too good to be true, and whenever I find something I really like something invariably changes my mind or ruins my plans. Touch wood!

As long as the course modules intriguiges you and you feel comfortable in the city etc then go for it. Unfortunately I don't know anyone studying at Bath Spa but I'd imagine that tuition there is fairly good. It doesn't rank too badly on the guides too.
Reply 8
Original post by nunugab
As long as the course modules intriguiges you and you feel comfortable in the city etc then go for it. Unfortunately I don't know anyone studying at Bath Spa but I'd imagine that tuition there is fairly good. It doesn't rank too badly on the guides too.

My only reservation is that it is a two-uni city. I know people will deny it, but I am sure that Bath students occupy an intellectual high ground over their Bath Spa counter-parts. Probably unwarranted, but I've read a post from someone regarding it. :s-smilie:
Reply 9
My only reservation is that it is a two-uni city. I know people will deny it, but I am sure that Bath students occupy an intellectual high ground over their Bath Spa counter-parts. Probably unwarranted, but I've read a post from someone regarding it. :s-smilie:

I'm at Bath Uni and I can honestly tell you that the 'rivalry' is non-existant. Trust me there is no hostile atmosphere at all! I'd say that amongst all two-uni cities, Bath has the least amount of rivalry(except within sports). Don't worry :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by nunugab
I'm at Bath Uni and I can honestly tell you that the 'rivalry' is non-existant. Trust me there is no hostile atmosphere at all! I'd say that amongst all two-uni cities, Bath has the least amount of rivalry(except within sports). Don't worry :smile:

Ahh, well you've put my mind at rest somewhat :tongue: I did look at Bath, but they don't offer History :frown:
Thoughts on it? Good and bad, please.

Bath Spa University in the 2011 league tables:

The Times: 80
Independent: 83
Guardian: 67

There are apprx 120 Universities in total

BTW, the league tables should only be used as a rough guide and you should take ito consideration other factors such as the city itself and the course structure. Also the individual subject rank can sometimes be substantially different to the overall rank.

Hope this is useful.
Reply 13
By the way the friend i was talking about did history - he got a first and his dissertation published in an academic journal. Some good stuff
My two good friends who went to BS have both done very well for themselves...

One did psychology and got a first, and was paid to have her dissertation printed in academic journals. one year out of her degree, she now works as a child psychologist at a large hospital in london.
the other did conservation biology and now one year out of her degree is working in tanzania doing something about elephants.

bath is a great city and to be honest i've never noticed much rivalry. obviously bath uni is more "traditional" but by no account does anyone look down on bath spa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending