The Student Room Group

PM on holiday

The Mail is reporting that Cameron and SWMBO* went on a budget holiday to Spain, flying Ryanair and staying in a relatively cheap hotel. The Mail even had some nice photos of them sitting in a shabby bar.

and waiting for their cheap flights at Stansted:

Is this just a cheap publicity stunt. We all know the PM is loaded, who would care if he went on holiday and stayed at a 5* hotel. He is the ruddy PM after all and earns over £100k per year. I wonder how this looks to other countries. Our PM can't even go on holiday to a place fitting of the leader of one of the G8 countries. Clearly I am not suggesting he should organise Bunga Bunga parties like Berlusconi but that there should be less crap like this.

Would anyone actually vote for him for not going to Monte Carlo, getting battered and sticking the defence budget** on black?

*SWMBO - She Who Must Be Obeyed
**What's left of it

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This is a joke right?
Reply 2
Original post by ikoghoo
This is a joke right?

This thread or the article?

Incidentally I forgot to post the source of so here it is:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1374983/David-Cameron-takes-wife-Samantha-downmarket-bar-birthday-trip-Spain.html
Imagine the outcry if pictures appeared in the newspapers picturing him in the BA first class lounge and then just hanging out in a 5* resort amidst all the cuts and budget plans...
Reply 4
Original post by SarahGrace92
Imagine the outcry if pictures appeared in the newspapers picturing him in the BA first class lounge and then just hanging out in a 5* resort amidst all the cuts and budget plans...

Exactly.

As much as this appears as some lame OTT publicity stunt, the OP and people like him should just STFU.
Reply 5
It's a publicity stunt? Kinda obvious, given the myriad of photo ops which have come about as a result.
Original post by js374

Is this just a cheap publicity stunt.

Do you really have to ask??
Sexy legs much?
Reply 8
Original post by WelshBluebird
Do you really have to ask??

I know but surely this is so blatant that it can in no way be beneficial.

Original post by IndigoRockGirl
Sexy legs much?

David or Samantha?

:sexface:
Reply 9
Meh who cares.
Reply 10
I just think it's odd how people's opinions change so quickly.

If he was going first class and staying at 5* hotels the public would tear him to pieces for spending all this money despite job cuts etc etc

Now he's gone on a budget holiday people are tearing him apart for a 'cheap publicity stunt'. Although i must agree it's a pathetic attempt at securing public opinion.

He's got the money, he should be able to spend it (as he's earnt it) as he wishes......
Original post by js374

David or Samantha?

Haha :teeth: David! Samantha is kind of meh tbh :dontknow:
Reply 12
It's their money, they can spend it however they wished........ also why is it anybody's business what type of holidays they go on.

In any case.... nothing wrong with a cheap and quiet holiday even if you're a G8 leader.
Reply 13
Original post by AlexGoose
I just think it's odd how people's opinions change so quickly.

If he was going first class and staying at 5* hotels the public would tear him to pieces for spending all this money despite job cuts etc etc

Now he's gone on a budget holiday people are tearing him apart for a 'cheap publicity stunt'. Although i must agree it's a pathetic attempt at securing public opinion.

He's got the money, he should be able to spend it (as he's earnt it) as he wishes......

Don't get me wrong, I am not "tearing him apart" for going on a budget holiday. I am just wondering if people would actually care if he stayed in an expensive hotel. I wouldn't care if he stayed in a 5* hotel, as long as I wasn't paying for it. He has his own salary, just like everyone else, we should all be able to decide how we spend our own money, the PM included.
Reply 14
Looking at the first photo, Pepsi are paying them a lot of money.
Reply 15
Original post by js374
Don't get me wrong, I am not "tearing him apart" for going on a budget holiday. I am just wondering if people would actually care if he stayed in an expensive hotel. I wouldn't care if he stayed in a 5* hotel, as long as I wasn't paying for it. He has his own salary, just like everyone else, we should all be able to decide how we spend our own money, the PM included.

Well in my personal opinion I'd have to agree with you; if it's his money, he can go stay in the Burj Al Arab for all I care. The problem I have is that the news companies are making too big a deal out of this issue when actually there are more important things going on in the world then what he's doing for his holiday......
Reply 16
Haha :teeth: David! Samantha is kind of meh tbh :dontknow:

Incidentally, in true Private Eye style:

Horse

Samantha Cameron
Whatever he does he will get slammed by people.

If he went first class, stayed in a 5* hotel and had all the amazing luxuries that being rich has he would get slammed for it

But he went on a budget holiday and still.... get slammed for it.
Original post by js374
Incidentally, in true Private Eye style:

Horse

Samantha Cameron

haha :tongue:
Sexy legs much?

I honestly hope you're joking, or you're just weird.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending