The Student Room Group

Yipiyap Tutors

Hi!

Does anyone have any insight on this program? Anybody a past/current tutor?
Reply 1
Hi! I spent my gap year working as a Yipiyap tutor a few years ago. I provided English support in schools across Manchester and really enjoyed it.
You work for the full academic year and for the full school day, meaning you have a really clear routine and still have weekends and school holidays to do any extra work experience. They also offer lots of extra events such as mock interview practise, fundraising activities, tutor enrichment (including things like first aid training and a self defence course) so you really do get a lot out of your year. My level of confidence really improved, as well as my communication and professionalism. It's a great chance to see education from a different angle and to really challenge yourself.
Original post by Mandy7367
Hi!

Does anyone have any insight on this program? Anybody a past/current tutor?
Original post by JSC08
Hi! I spent my gap year working as a Yipiyap tutor a few years ago. I provided English support in schools across Manchester and really enjoyed it.
You work for the full academic year and for the full school day, meaning you have a really clear routine and still have weekends and school holidays to do any extra work experience. They also offer lots of extra events such as mock interview practise, fundraising activities, tutor enrichment (including things like first aid training and a self defence course) so you really do get a lot out of your year. My level of confidence really improved, as well as my communication and professionalism. It's a great chance to see education from a different angle and to really challenge yourself.

Hi! I'm aware I'm around 3 years late to this discussion but do you think I could PM you to ask about your experience? I just have a few questions regarding the interview : )
Original post by thisisneverthat
Hi! I'm aware I'm around 3 years late to this discussion but do you think I could PM you to ask about your experience? I just have a few questions regarding the interview : )
Did you end up applying/getting the job? I'm thinking of applying to them right now so can you tell me how your interview experience was?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending