The Student Room Group

Facebook chat

Does anybody ever get people that start talking to them.... then when you talk back they don't respond? It's so annoying, it's like... why even bother talking to me in the first place? I only end up shoving you in a group that remains permanently offline.

If you are a culprit, why do you do it? And also... shame on you :P
Reply 1
Maybe um, they aren't there when you respond? Facebook unfortunately breeds very short attention spans, so if somebody doesn't reply within about 10 seconds or so you're usually off doing something else.

That said, I generally try to reply to everyone, even if it's a couple of hours later :tongue:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah some people aren't glued to fb, but it is quite annoying, also, I don't know if this happens to others, but between me and one friend, sometimes what we typed to each other won't come up on the other end.. :s So basically we think one's ignoring the other but in reality, we did reply... it just didn't show up -.-
Reply 3
Because they forgot what they were going to say.
Reply 4
Original post by supernova92
Yeah some people aren't glued to fb, but it is quite annoying, also, I don't know if this happens to others, but between me and one friend, sometimes what we typed to each other won't come up on the other end.. :s So basically we think one's ignoring the other but in reality, we did reply... it just didn't show up -.-

Ah it's annoying when it does this. Or when it just throws one of you offline. I hate facebook chat.
Original post by d123
Ah it's annoying when it does this. Or when it just throws one of you offline. I hate facebook chat.

Oh yeah that too! But I think that's more to do with internet connection/computer freezing? but i really have no idea.. :tongue:
Reply 6
Because chat is **** and they probably didn't receive your message back!
Reply 7
Original post by Rzc
Because chat is **** and they probably didn't receive your message back!

exactly. especially facebook chat. the stupid thing seems to have a mind of its own
Reply 8
Original post by goddogit
exactly. especially facebook chat. the stupid thing seems to have a mind of its own

I just use MSN instead :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by AAXXX
Does anybody ever get people that start talking to them.... then when you talk back they don't respond? It's so annoying, it's like... why even bother talking to me in the first place? I only end up shoving you in a group that remains permanently offline.

If you are a culprit, why do you do it? And also... shame on you :P

Actually I got a bit of a stalker on facebook who talk so me like all the freakin time.
Reply 10
Original post by Rzc
I just use MSN instead :tongue:

ditto. except once i started a video call with someone unknowingly and went afk and then they tell me later that they heard me sing a terrible terrible britney spears song. teased till date :|
Reply 11
they're updating the chat system at the moment so i guess that makes it go crazy too
Nah, I just appear offline as not to use fb chat, as it freezes everything up and is annoying.
Reply 13
Original post by goddogit
ditto. except once i started a video call with someone unknowingly and went afk and then they tell me later that they heard me sing a terrible terrible britney spears song. teased till date :|

Hahaha! Ouch :frown:
or hate it when a guy who has never spoken to me all my life, was in like 3 classes with him in secondary school, randomly says hello, and asks me to like his status in order to see how much his girlfriend really cares about him.

creep.
Reply 15
Yeah it's annoying. I appear offline now days..
People tend to like talking to me.

Facebook chat is **** though. The Android app is worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending