The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8400
i'm actually tearing up this hurts so much. this team have let me down so much, :frown:
Reply 8401
Original post by MoMatrix
Lets just say it was very clever play from Lucas to stop right in front of Eboue and wait for contact.

Yeah maybe I need to watch it again. Lets face it a draw against Liverpool isn't a bad result but it's the way it happened. I'm sure everyone could accept it if it was a one-off but this type of thing is becoming normal. Late crumbles, this team just can't hold on to a lead. Which is why i'm bored of the excuses from Wenger.

Never celebrate a 4-0 halftime score, never celebrate a 97th minute winner.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8402
Original post by neillya1
I get what you're saying, but (this is how I would see it in a match, I know all ref's are different and interpret the rules in different ways) the examples you have there, such as mobbing the ref, retaking a penalty etc, they're what I would consider excessive time wasting (in an injury time scenario) and so would add on extra time to compensate.

If it is just a penalty kick, taken first time, no arguments, then I'd add on no extra time.

I would add for the following:

-Excessive time wasting (as mentioned above)
-Injuries
-A long stoppage in play (fight etc).

But none of those happened today....

What about for stuff like RvP taking ages to line up his pen, than with his celebration running around the pitch taking his top off which wasted more time? Would you add on time for that?
Reply 8403
Original post by Deshi
What about for stuff like RvP taking ages to line up his pen, than with his celebration running around the pitch taking his top off which wasted more time? Would you add on time for that?

That is true no one can have any complaints about the time added on also it is minimum time added.
Reply 8404

One of favourite managers of all time but has got to be one of the worst managers when it comes to accepting decisions. Kenny put him in his place.
Reply 8405
Original post by Nasri08
Are you saying it wasnt? From my stream it looked like it to me...

Either way we should have buried the game, he should be concerned with the teams performance not looking for excuses.

Lucas could've easily gotten the ball if he went for it. Instead he clearly changes direction away from the ball to cut right into Eboue's path. He wasn't within touching distance of the ball when he went down either. Can't blame Eboue, really feel for him
Original post by Deshi

Kuyts pen was scored on 102", and was approx. given at around 101". Three to four more minutes more than allocated. I'm pretty sure that van Persie's celebrations did not account for another 3-4 minutes of time.
Reply 8407
We've lost the league now.
Eboue made a mistake.

But proud Arsenal never changed their style of play, when most other teams would boot it up the field near the end.
*Head still in hands*
Reply 8409
Original post by jit987
Eboue made a mistake.

But proud Arsenal never changed their style of play, when most other teams would boot it up the field near the end.

Arsenal need to change their style of play, what are you on
Reply 8410
Original post by keira
Arsenal need to change their style of play, what are you on

"No". And I repeat "No"
Reply 8411
Original post by jit987
"No". And I repeat "No"

They had "no" penetration, "no" speed or "no" guile or "no" directness, they had couldn't score 'til the final minute. This isn't how champions play. "NO" yourself
Reply 8412
So to all those that said chelse were not in the tittle race !

8 piont gap

newcastle draw to united and chelsea beat birmingham

6 point gap

chelsea beat united

3 point gap

arsenal beat united

level on points with a better goal difference CHELSEA FOR THE TITLE
Reply 8413
Original post by jit987
Eboue made a mistake.

So happy with Arsenal playing predictably down the middle and Nasri and Walcott to not have the beating of two teenagers from their academy.
Original post by jit987
"No". And I repeat "No"
I do think Arsenal need to adapt their style of play. You aren't Barca and you don't have their players, you need to adapt it or get the players to do so.
Original post by cfc18
So to all those that said chelse were not in the tittle race !

8 piont gap

newcastle draw to united and chelsea beat birmingham

6 point gap

chelsea beat united

3 point gap

arsenal beat united

level on points with a better goal difference CHELSEA FOR THE TITLE

No one has said Chelsea were mathematically out of the title race. However it seems unlikely. Also United have a superior goal difference, so you need to change that too. Our game against you is also at OT, which helps, and Arsenal well I wouldn't count on them...
Besides all the penalties, what happened to your performance the rest of the game?

Just emphasized my thoughts that Arsenal are pretty but not penetrative. I know you've probably heard it all before but Arsenal tried to walk it in. Fair play you dominated possession but in terms of clear chances it was probably equal or slight in our favour.
As as Arsenal fan, we can't really use this result as smoke screen over our failures. At perspective 1-1 versus an always improving Liverpool is not that bad of a result, it's just those dropped points vs Newcastle (twice), Tottenham, West Brom (twice), 0-0 draws vs Blackburn and Sunderland. All those games were winnable and we should of won.
We are the most pathetic defenders in the premiership. At least Blackpool don't pretend to know how to do it.
I think Wenger ma have lost the dressing, it seems the players are not afraid to make mistakes as they do time and time agian, and Wenger blames the refs instead of the players. He should blame the players. Also we lack leadership, we need a captain who will shout at everyone, as Cesc clearly lacks passion. Hopefully Kroenke saw the problems today and will force Wenger to spend in the summer.

Latest