University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Essex Uni Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paddy__power
Your sister sounds like a dick head :h:

And you haven't even met her! :tongue:

TBF it's their fault, htey let her get away with it, as, according to them, she's not as equipped to deal with life as me.
(edited 13 years ago)
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by Bathwiggle
And you haven't even met her! :tongue:

Thankfully.

What does she do with her life?
Thankfully.

What does she do with her life?

You are lucky there, although if you fancy a short lass of about 5ft tall, fairly rotund, own car and daddys credit card, i can arrange a meeting :tongue:

After 4 years of nothing, she is now studying interior architecture at writtle college.
You are lucky there, although if you fancy a short lass of about 5ft tall, fairly rotund, own car and daddys credit card, i can arrange a meeting :tongue:

After 4 years of nothing, she is now studying interior architecture at writtle college.

No thanks, unless she wants to use it buying things for me then yes sure :lol:

What do your parents do?
No thanks, unless she wants to use it buying things for me then yes sure :lol:

What do your parents do?

She probably would, shes not too worried about what she pays for. :rolleyes:

Mother used to be a special needs assistant (we still have some of them from surrey come to essex to visit her), now works part time at summerfield, Daddy's working on the olympics athlete village as a consultant something or other, originally a quantity surveyor and worked up from there
She probably would, shes not too worried about what she pays for. :rolleyes:

Mother used to be a special needs assistant (we still have some of them from surrey come to essex to visit her), now works part time at summerfield, Daddy's working on the olympics athlete village as a consultant something or other, originally a quantity surveyor and worked up from there

I see, fair enough. Why did she leave such a rewarding job to work in a supermarket?
I see, fair enough. Why did she leave such a rewarding job to work in a supermarket?

She helped at a school in surrey daddy got the job on the olympics and it was too far to commute and the money they were offering meant that it made more sense for her to stop working (specially as she'd been very ill) move over to essex and him commute into stratford. Then once she felt better, well enough to work part time, most schools didn't want a part time TA. She did love working with the kids, even the ones that threatened her, and she gets bored at home, so supermarket makes do.

She does have a special here, my mechanic being very damaged, much as i love him, he's been a work in progress getting him to the point of suitable for polite-ish society.

They've always worked hard
(edited 13 years ago)
She helped at a school in surrey daddy got the job on the olympics and it was too far to commute and the money they were offering meant that it made more sense for her to stop working (specially as she'd been very ill) move over to essex and him commute into stratford. Then once she felt better, well enough to work part time, most schools didn't want a part time TA. She did love working with the kids, even the ones that threatened her, and she gets bored at home, so supermarket makes do.

They've always worked hard

Fair enough.

My brother goes to a special needs school, I used to volunteer at one, and I know someone who worked at one for many years so it's something I think is a great thing to do. I can understand how things have turned out though, maybe she could go back to it at some point :smile:
Fair enough.

My brother goes to a special needs school, I used to volunteer at one, and I know someone who worked at one for many years so it's something I think is a great thing to do. I can understand how things have turned out though, maybe she could go back to it at some point :smile:

She'd love to and if we, wel they, go back to surrey, schools said she's welcome on her term.

It's something i keep thinking that if working as a BMS doesn't work out, i'd love to do it as it is so rewarding, especially seeing how some of the kids progress. Although she thinks i'd be better as a teacher in a mainstream school.

What about your parents, if you don't mind me asking, if you do, don't worry.
She'd love to and if we, wel they, go back to surrey, schools said she's welcome on her term.

It's something i keep thinking that if working as a BMS doesn't work out, i'd love to do it as it is so rewarding, especially seeing how some of the kids progress. Although she thinks i'd be better as a teacher in a mainstream school.

What about your parents, if you don't mind me asking, if you do, don't worry.

No it's fine.

My dad's dead, he died a couple of years ago, before that he worked for a guy who owns loads of houses and guest houses and so on making sure that what was broken was fixed basically.

My mum is classed as a carer for my brother and also looks after my younger sister so she doesn't have a job. She does bits and pieces (cash in hand) when she needs money for bills and so on. She's decidedly underclass.
No it's fine.

My dad's dead, he died a couple of years ago, before that he worked for a guy who owns loads of houses and guest houses and so on making sure that what was broken was fixed basically.

My mum is classed as a carer for my brother and also looks after my younger sister so she doesn't have a job. She does bits and pieces (cash in hand) when she needs money for bills and so on. She's decidedly underclass.

What is wrong with your brother if you don't mind?

There's nothing wrong with being underclass, my fathers had to put up with my mothers family looking down at him from day one as he was lowerclass as far as they were concerned. Although in the last year, my grandmother has finally conceded theirs is the happiest marriage of all the children.
What is wrong with your brother if you don't mind?

There's nothing wrong with being underclass, my fathers had to put up with my mothers family looking down at him from day one as he was lowerclass as far as they were concerned. Although in the last year, my grandmother has finally conceded theirs is the happiest marriage of all the children.

I'm personally proudly underclass. There is no shame in not having money.

He has ADHD and is reasonably far along on the autistic spectrum in many respects. He has some other issues which are more symptoms than definable conditions or disabilities though.
I'm personally proudly underclass. There is no shame in not having money.

He has ADHD and is reasonably far along on the autistic spectrum in many respects. He has some other issues which are more symptoms than definable conditions or disabilities though.

We grew up with no money, my sister just doesn't remember living with no windows, heating or parents going without food towards the end of the money, to her parents having the houses is a status thing, and her dream is to enter high society, and holds it against parents for not giving her the opportunities that my cousins have had.

Ok, must be quite hard for your mother then. One of the reasons my mother went into working with special needs was my friends sister with angleman syndrom, and she spent alot of time supporting her mother and caring for Louise.
We grew up with no money, my sister just doesn't remember living with no windows, heating or parents going without food towards the end of the money, to her parents having the houses is a status thing, and her dream is to enter high society, and holds it against parents for not giving her the opportunities that my cousins have had.

Ok, must be quite hard for your mother then. One of the reasons my mother went into working with special needs was my friends sister with angleman syndrom, and she spent alot of time supporting her mother and caring for Louise.

You and your sister sound rather different, and it seems one of you inherited some decency and the other... inhereted a love for riding things bikes. :mmm:

She does her best, and I try and help now when I can with money or whatever. She has recently found out her bf of many years, and father of my sister, has advanced cancer. Some people get a lot of tough breaks in life.
You and your sister sound rather different, and it seems one of you inherited some decency and the other... inhereted a love for riding things bikes. :mmm:

She does her best, and I try and help now when I can with money or whatever. She has recently found out her bf of many years, and father of my sister, has advanced cancer. Some people get a lot of tough breaks in life.

We are very different. Just different ways of thinking, and i hate being dependant on anyone unless i really have to. My brothers not bad either, even if i call him brat.

Don't you start too :tongue: i've just had martin accusing me of sleeping with landy!

But it's how you deal with them that gets you through life, and i think thats why my sister is going wrong. I am very lucky, generally if i want something i get it, well bar a bf, but hey ho. She doesn't see me working for anything, just that i get the job, my flat looks nice, i have good friends. She can't see how i get them, and when, umm she feels she deserves them and should get them too,
We are very different. Just different ways of thinking, and i hate being dependant on anyone unless i really have to. My brothers not bad either, even if i call him brat.

Don't you start too :tongue: i've just had martin accusing me of sleeping with landy!

But it's how you deal with them that gets you through life, and i think thats why my sister is going wrong. I am very lucky, generally if i want something i get it, well bar a bf, but hey ho. She doesn't see me working for anything, just that i get the job, my flat looks nice, i have good friends. She can't see how i get them, and when, umm she feels she deserves them and should get them too,

There is a thing where people are sexually attracted to their cars, I'm sure it applies to bikes as well to some degree :dontknow:

I agree, but some people don't deserve to always have to deal with things. Such is life though really. I'm sure you can get one, it's the getting a good one that is difficult. Your dad would be doing her a favour by cutting her off tbh.
There is a thing where people are sexually attracted to their cars, I'm sure it applies to bikes as well to some degree :dontknow:

I agree, but some people don't deserve to always have to deal with things. Such is life though really. I'm sure you can get one, it's the getting a good one that is difficult. Your dad would be doing her a favour by cutting her off tbh.

Nah, give me a decent man any day

No people don't deserve to deal with them, and god knows why some get all the problems and others don't.

Currently stopping me is the fact most of the men i meet are on bikes, over 40, and the ones that aren't get scared off by mechanic. In hindsight moving in the same circles wasn't the best idea with our friendship as hes too protective of me.

I better head to bed i'll reply tomorrow
Nah, give me a decent man any day

No people don't deserve to deal with them, and god knows why some get all the problems and others don't.

Currently stopping me is the fact most of the men i meet are on bikes, over 40, and the ones that aren't get scared off by mechanic. In hindsight moving in the same circles wasn't the best idea with our friendship as hes too protective of me.

I better head to bed i'll reply tomorrow

With an easy shift gearstick :awesome:

Nothing wrong with people over 40 to be fair :smile:

Night x
With an easy shift gearstick :awesome:

Nothing wrong with people over 40 to be fair :smile:

Night x

Morning

:lol:

As friends, i don't want to date them as all the ones i've met are in a very different place to me. I'm just fussy :tongue:

Better go cook brat some pancakes as apparently i agreed to last night :rolleyes:
Morning

:lol:

As friends, i don't want to date them as all the ones i've met are in a very different place to me. I'm just fussy :tongue:

Better go cook brat some pancakes as apparently i agreed to last night :rolleyes:

You sound it lol.

Oh you also agreed to bring me cake and alcohol :ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending