The Student Room Group

A-Levels you regretted taking.

Scroll to see replies

Critical freaking thinking
I wish I had dropped maths after AS! I could have left it at a good grade but no!
Original post by J.tytler
Haha exactly the same reason... then I realized I hated Art A-Level and was struggling with the workload simply though lack of motivation and I actually looked into some Architecture courses... what the students were saying about all nighters... no social life... crits etc just put me off completely... then the job prospects afterwards are just plain depressing to say the least.

Looking back I don't even know why I wanted to be an Architect... I guess the pressure of having no idea what I wanted to do got to me and I picked somthing I thought I'd enjoy and be good at :/

So yeah... scratch 7 years of hell to be unemployed with a tone of debt... I'ma do Languages... much easier, and I get to travel :cool:

.....exactly the same reason :|-------------^
Maths was enjoyable at AS for me but now it is boring! AND HARD!
Reply 224
Original post by snowflakesblues
I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I'm doing maths, further maths, physics, and art and design(Fine Art to)

Art takes up 90% of my time. Spend more time on it than on Further Maths and it leaves me with no time at all to do Physics. ....but that's also because I have terrible time management skills..:|

ahhh i did exactly the same as you for AS, plus business &economics!
i started failing art because of the pressure fmaths was putting on me!

PLUS im going to art college so i defo didn't need maths AT ALL let alone further!
Original post by Ammety
ahhh i did exactly the same as you for AS, plus business &economics!
i started failing art because of the pressure fmaths was putting on me!

PLUS im going to art college so i defo didn't need maths AT ALL let alone further!

I FEEEL SORRY FOR YOU!!! That Many??? But mainly it was the pressure of Art for me. I really like Maths and Further Maths.
Eugh. Applied Business Studies.
Geography. Out of all the different uni courses I'm interested in, none require geography what so ever (but only found out after I narrowed down my career options). Also it is immensely boring, mostly because we do about population :yawn: rivers :yawn: and glaciers :yawn: if we had done volcanoes, earthquakes and the weather however, I think I would be taking far more of an interest and effort.

I would of replaced geography with maths, but it's not my best subject so it would still be dropped at AS like I'm doing so with geography :tongue:
English Literature to some extent, wish I picked Further Maths instead as its more suited to my career path. It's so ironic anyway how I hate essays and yet I picked it. Dammit :frown:
Reply 229
I FEEEL SORRY FOR YOU!!! That Many??? But mainly it was the pressure of Art for me. I really like Maths and Further Maths.

you... you LIKE maths?!
oh but it gets better, im maths prefect
pahahahahahhaaha and im going to art college, my school lurrve me for that

but yeah 5 ASs was a BAD move! i failed almost everything last year and had to work proper hard over the summer to get back to a straight A prediction :/
Original post by Jess6893
I dropped Maths within the first week of AS (I figured that copying the answers from the back of the textbook wouldn't help me pass :P) and switched it for Psychology - best decision ever.
I wish I'd chosen something other than Chemistry too, a whole year of not understanding anything just to be rewarded with a U ¬¬

That was the best choice ever, i'm trapped in maths now! I'm doing A2 and finding it boring and hard I wish i stopped last year but everyone kept saying you might as welll continue with it and I did :mad:
I've noticed everyone is regretting taking the subjects i'm doing now :biggrin:
Original post by Ammety
you... you LIKE maths?!
oh but it gets better, im maths prefect
pahahahahahhaaha and im going to art college, my school lurrve me for that

but yeah 5 ASs was a BAD move! i failed almost everything last year and had to work proper hard over the summer to get back to a straight A prediction :/

Maths Prefect o.0?
ICT. The workload is ludicrous and is more than Maths and Physics combined.
Psychology and ICT :frown:
Reply 235
Chemistry- im fine with the content i just fail at the exam ><
Reply 236
Maths Prefect o.0?

yeah... they exist
unfortunate, no?
Reply 237
Biology, not because it was difficult, but because it was a waste of time (bloody AS SNAB course...)
Original post by Ammety
yeah... they exist
unfortunate, no?

Sorry I didn't mean to be offensive at all. I was just surprised by what it was :|
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 239
Sorry I didn't mean to be offensive at all. I was just surprised by what it was :|

hahaha i didn't take offence

well i took offence when my school offered me the position instead of art prefect...
but i guess it made art colleges notice me
they all read my personal statement and went so... maths prefect... we've never had one of those before!

Quick Reply

Latest