The Student Room Group

AQA AS psychology how are you learnig your researchers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mclovin123
Thats actually amazing. You are really lucky to go a school were teachers put this much effort into it. Kickass, you will get an A for sure :biggrin:

Yeah I was kinda surprised that nobody had already mentioned it in this thread, I just assumed that all schools did it. I realise how lucky I am now though because it really does work.
I did the unit 2 one nearly 3 months ago now and I still remember it perfectly. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by tarazzle
We don't have to learn the year? Really? This is what I'm struggling the most with because there are so many similar dates! Thank you haha. :smile:

:yep:

I didn't write down a single year and I got an A* in Psychology last year :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Melting Sugar.
:yep:

I didn't write down a single year and I got an A* in Psychology last year :smile:

You have no idea how happy that has made me! :biggrin:
You have no idea how happy that has made me! :biggrin:

Haha well i'm surprised your teacher didn't tell you, ours made it very clear you don't have to learn the years - it just helps the examiner if they want to look it up - I guess if there were two studies by the same researcher that happened in different years about the same topic and they found different things then in that case it might be good from an anecdotal point of view but apart from that you don't need them!

Also a few posts before me someone said they only put two names down and got 100% RAW marks (but personally I'd still try to remember as many as possible, just don't get hung up about it and forget to remember the important stuff!)
Reply 24
Haha well i'm surprised your teacher didn't tell you, ours made it very clear you don't have to learn the years - it just helps the examiner if they want to look it up - I guess if there were two studies by the same researcher that happened in different years about the same topic and they found different things then in that case it might be good from an anecdotal point of view but apart from that you don't need them!

Also a few posts before me someone said they only put two names down and got 100% RAW marks (but personally I'd still try to remember as many as possible, just don't get hung up about it and forget to remember the important stuff!)

My teacher said to remember date haha...
Yeah I'm definitely going to remember as many names as possible (like the ones you definitely should know - Bowlby, Zimbardo etc) but at the end of the day, it's the actual study that matters right :tongue:
Reply 25
I need 82/100 to get an A overall for AS. Got 78 for Unit 1.
Really hope all this revision pays off
My teacher said to remember date haha...
Yeah I'm definitely going to remember as many names as possible (like the ones you definitely should know - Bowlby, Zimbardo etc) but at the end of the day, it's the actual study that matters right :tongue:

:| you definitely don't need to remember dates! :p:
Reply 27
:| you definitely don't need to remember dates! :p:

Haha okay, I'm going to have a word with my teacher on Tuesday :tongue:
i'm totally not going to bother with dates having read this thread.. i'll try with names, but im not that bothered about that either, just as long as i know aims, procedure, findings, conclusion and evaluation points for the main studies it'll all be fine :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending