The Student Room Group

key words in psychology essay questions

Hi, could anyone please explain the difference when an essay question is asking you ' discuss research into ...' and ' discuss research studies into... ' Not sure is it the same thing? I am asking for aqa A level psychology. Also ' theory and studies ' does it mean what the researcher did in their study and all the steps and any supporting research evidence ?
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by minmin10
Hi, could anyone please explain the difference when an essay question is asking you ' discuss research into ...' and ' discuss research studies into... ' Not sure is it the same thing? I am asking for aqa A level psychology. Also ' theory and studies ' does it mean what the researcher did in their study and all the steps and any supporting research evidence ?

‘discuss research’ and ‘discuss research studies’ is the same thing i believe. and theories/studies would usually be the aim, procedure, findings, conclusion (?) then the strengths/weaknesses, you would do supporting evidence, any replications, ethics, blah blah blah. definitely double check this with your psychology teacher tho but i hope this helps. gl w exams! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by iixjessa
‘discuss research’ and ‘discuss research studies’ is the same thing i believe. and theories/studies would usually be the aim, procedure, findings, conclusion (?) then the strengths/weaknesses, you would do supporting evidence, any replications, ethics, blah blah blah. definitely double check this with your psychology teacher tho but i hope this helps. gl w exams! :smile:

Thank you that really helped me !! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending