The Student Room Group

Anyone booked any trips with Real Gap?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 03shisac
If so, would you recommend their trips?
Do you meet people if you go on your own?
Any other interesting info about them?

p.s. I was thinking of going to Australia/New Zealand

Thank you so much for any info :adore:

Hey

I went to Malaysia for 4 weeks with Real Gap last April. I had the absolute time of my life.

I think booking with them really depends on what you are looking to do, I went on the Orang-utan Experience as I was looking for something where I could work with Orang-utans up close. If you are looking to do the sort of things that are not really for tourists ie working in an zoo, then Real Gap give you the opportunity to do things like that.

It would no doubt be a bit cheaper if you booked everything independently, but booking with Real Gap gives you peace of mind that you won't be stuck somewhere in a country you don't know all alone. That was certainly the case with me, it was my first real time spent away from my family and I was travelling on my own so the peace of mind was great.

In my opinion if its your first time travelling and you are going alone I would highly recommend them. As a previous customer of Real Gap I also have a discount code that I could give to you that would cut the cost a bit.

If you have any questions about them I'd be more than happy to help =D
Reply 21
Original post by Dandiellie46

Original post by Dandiellie46
Hey

I went to Malaysia for 4 weeks with Real Gap last April. I had the absolute time of my life.

I think booking with them really depends on what you are looking to do, I went on the Orang-utan Experience as I was looking for something where I could work with Orang-utans up close. If you are looking to do the sort of things that are not really for tourists ie working in an zoo, then Real Gap give you the opportunity to do things like that.

It would no doubt be a bit cheaper if you booked everything independently, but booking with Real Gap gives you peace of mind that you won't be stuck somewhere in a country you don't know all alone. That was certainly the case with me, it was my first real time spent away from my family and I was travelling on my own so the peace of mind was great.

In my opinion if its your first time travelling and you are going alone I would highly recommend them. As a previous customer of Real Gap I also have a discount code that I could give to you that would cut the cost a bit.

If you have any questions about them I'd be more than happy to help =D

Wow, sounds amazing! Thank you very much- I'm still not quite sure what to do- still mulling it over- I'll definitely keep that in mind though :smile: thanks again!
x
can you still give out that 5% discount? haha
I've been on 6 volunteer trips with real Gap to different countries across the world and I'm booked on my 7th with them to go to Zambia in November, all being well with the pandemic conditions at the time here in the UK and in Zambia. Although I am older I have always done these trips solo and have met new and interesting people on the way. Real Gap is a reliable company and I have always felt safe using them as my booking system in the UK. Sometimes events happened and the trip may not work out as you intended but that is what adventurous travel is all about. Real Gap to the right safe checks, and have the correct documentation in place before during and after your your travel programme. So I say go for it and enjoy all the excitement of not knowing what tomorrow holds!

Quick Reply

Latest