The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My post before kick-off :awesome:.

I had a dream that we would win 1-0. Maybe it will come true. Just like how I had a dream that Birmingham would beat us 4-0 in the Carling cup final. Okay it wasn't as bad. But they still beat us...
Oh yeah, Walcott should be a striker.
Original post by T.Adams VI
Oh yeah, Walcott should be a striker.

Agreed. Kos showed some good leadership today. Considering its his first season so is likely not to bed very confident, it may be that next season Kos starts being a commanding centre half.
Congrats. :yy:

Enjoy the summer of inactivity now that Wenger's faith has been vindicated.
Reply 9624
Can'tbelieve Ferguson is basically saying 'Vidic handball shouldn't have been a penalty, because they didn't see it.' It is still a handball, and a penalty!
Original post by Mess.
How was arsenals cup final today :teeth:
It was ****ing gorgeous.

How are things, Graham? Are we still doing that Manchester meet Mike was talking about?
Original post by Kevmeister
Congrats. :yy:

Enjoy the summer of inactivity now that Wenger's faith has been vindicated.
Thanks.

Enjoy your summer stacking shelves.

:colondollar:
Reply 9627
Arshavin defensive work today :rolleyes::confused::eek::colondollar:
:sogood::sogood::sogood:
:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:
Original post by 419
Arshavin defensive work today :rolleyes::confused::eek::colondollar:
:sogood::sogood::sogood:
:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

Can I suck your toes, please? GUNNER 4 LIFE!
I think everyone was shocked at the amount of defensive work Arshavin did. Even Martin Tyler picked up on it.
Arshavin actually put in a few good tackles .... WTF ! also Rambo was amazing .... i don't think Fabregas could of scored that goal with the way hes been feeling sorry for himself. The match had everything and it it shows us two things:

After all that bull**** about how we can't beat Top teams like Chelsea and Man Utd. We proved to ourselves we can. Even when we beat Chelsea, people said that we beat a mediocre Chelsea team. Well that Manure team was very good on paper and their form has been brilliant over the past few weeks.

Secondly our defence was very very solid. Even when Squillaci and Eboue came on. We still looked solid. It shows when we put our heart and soul into the game we can come on top against anyone.

RED ARMY !
Reply 9631
Original post by marcusmerehay
My ratings:

Szczesny - 7 - Little to do really, but did everything well, ran down the clock and made no mistakes.

Clichy - 6 - Probably our only weakness today, kept turning into trouble and lucky not to give away a pen, but hammered the ball clear towards the end.
Djourou - 6.5 - Didn't really notice his efforts alongside an excellent partner, unfortunate to come off injured.
Koscielny - 9 - Fantastic display. Led the defensive line well to keep Hernandez at bay and showed maturity and composure at the heart of defense. My MOTM.
Sagna - 8 - Good, solid display again. Made an excellent interception in the first half to deny Hernandez a free shot on goal.
---------
Squillaci - 6 - Actually played alright when he came on, though it was clear that Koscielny was the leader of the line today.

Ramsey - 8 - Clinical finish, good all-round play and excellent pressing.
Wilshere - 8 - Mislaid a couple of passes but all-round link-up play and tackling was superb.
Song - 8.5 - Kept Rooney quiet all game and resisted the usual urge to bomb forward. Made some excellent covering work when Sagna/Clichy went forward as well. Great stuff.

Nasri - 6 - Pretty quiet when he was on the pitch, didn't really receive much of the ball before he was taken off at HT.
van Persie - 7.5 - Held the ball up well, great link-up play with the CMs and would probably have scored if it wasn't for Vidic's handball.
Walcott - 7.5 - Looked lively on the wing, played a super ball in for van Persie that led to the penatly appeal.
------
Eboue - 6 - N/A
Arshavin - 7 - Excellent last-ditch tackles and looked really up for it. Didn't use his pace and trickery going forward though, which I'd have liked to have seen.

Agree with this but think you're a little harsh on Clichy.
****ING FANTASTIC

how nice to have a good bloody atmosphere back at the Emirates. However I'm not down with the Clichy hating he looked quality today, he had so much more to do than Sagna and did it well, was solid just got a little bit lazy with that penalty appeal in the end but I couldn't pick a man of the match every single player worked their socks off and performed admirably
Wilshere was MoTM imo.

But it was genrally an all round good performance, hardly any real standouts.
oh and to add without a doubt imo best performance of the entire season.
Disagree it was the best performance of the season. It was a win due to great work and determination rather than any flamboyance. We weren't passing it around brilliantly or anything but every 50:50 there was an Arsenal player hurtling in. Clichy's header where he ran 15 yards to beat Valencia to a header from a goalkeeper summed it all up for me.

I thought Clichy had a really good game too. Most of United's attacks came down his side and he dealt with everything pretty much. He's a scapegoat for some rason.
Perhaps I was a little harsh on Clichy, but there were two or three occasions where he was caught in possession.

He did everything else well though. :yy:
Does anyone think Fabregas isn't actually injured? Maybe him and Wenger had an argument about him wanting to go to Barca this summer and Arsene dropped him from the squad.. Just a theory lol

Doesn't bother me too much seeing as Ramsey played his socks off :smile:
Fabregas had his vagina in a twist. Ramsey was on form today.
Original post by marcusmerehay
Perhaps I was a little harsh on Clichy, but there were two or three occasions where he was caught in possession.

He did everything else well though. :yy:

yeah I understand where you're coming from but I think it was down to him being under more pressure... and also when he had to play alongside a performance like Kos' he's gna look worse :tongue:

Latest