The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If you're honest with yourselves for a second, can you see Arsenal finishing in the top 4 next season?

Thought I'd put this question out there. With this crumbly season, with Fabregas possibly going in the summer, with more competition for the top 4 places, especially with the emergence of Man City as a title contending force...

are you concerned about your prospects for next season?
I believe our season went down hill after we beat Barcelona 2-1. Right?

Original post by white_haired_wizard
If you're honest with yourselves for a second, can you see Arsenal finishing in the top 4 next season?

Thought I'd put this question out there. With this crumbly season, with Fabregas possibly going in the summer, with more competition for the top 4 places, especially with the emergence of Man City as a title contending force...

No, technically people have been saying we won't be in the top 4 since Henry left.
Reply 9762
JK.
OP

No.

This isn't a one off crumbly season, it happens every year, I imagine we'll get top 4 but won't win anything.
Reply 9763

People say this every year and it's yet to happen, so yeah I think we'll make top 4.

We'll gradually get better, I think we'll be more consistent and manage to stay in the top 2 places all year. Not sure if we'll win it though.

I also think every pundit and every journalist will write as off for next season most will predict 5th or 6th place finish (as usual) :colonhash:
Reply 9765
Original post by Abiraleft
Ramsey to start against Stoke, Vermaelen could return

So it looks like it may be:

Szczesny
Sagna Vermaelen Koscielny Clichy
Song
Ramsey Wilshere
Walcott---------------------------Nasri
RVP

This is taking into consideration that Djourou is struggling with an ankle injury.

Nasri's not fit.

We'll challenge for the title again and fail.

Spurs are done for, when we talk about champions league. Once some of their key players go (and some will), they won't be coming back to the champions leage for a long time.

I still can't take Liverpool seriously either.
Reply 9767
Djourou and Clichy will face late fitness test, while Ramsey is set to play once more.
Original post by jit987
Djourou and Clichy will face late fitness test, while Ramsey is set to play once more.

Nasri is out too, it will probably be:

Szezny

Sagna Koscielny Djourou Clichy

Ramsey Song Wilshere

Walcott RvP Arshavin

Which should do the job, now that the pressure is gone.
Reply 9769
Agree with that line-up.
Original post by T.Adams VI
We'll challenge for the title again and fail.

Spurs are done for, when we talk about champions league. Once some of their key players go (and some will), they won't be coming back to the champions leage for a long time.

I still can't take Liverpool seriously either.

I agree. I don't think Spurs will finish top 4 for a while. And it will probably get worse once Redknapp leaves, probably (and hopefully) to take over from Capello as England manager. These must be anxious times for Spurs and their fans - they have some quality players who surely won't be happy/content with Europa league football, not when they have the ability to play for a top 4 club and play in the primary European tournament.

As for Liverpool, I think they could potentially nick a champions league place next season but it's a slim chance IMHO.
Reply 9771
Not going to be able to watch any of the remaining games due to exams. :angry:

Prediction: We'll be third. We'll get 5 points from the next three games, draws against Stoke and Fulham, and a home thrashing against Villa.
Reply 9772
Arsenal will find Sunday hard, we can't play rugby. :/
Nobody else will take his awkward number, that's why.

Wenger should at least give the guy a chance and play him in position. Manning the T-shirt cannon and the Gunnersaurus costume..

But seriously, he'll be last bad if he were played up front and someone zipped his mouth shut.
I think Bendtner is a decent striker, as a 3rd choice or 4th choice. He just won't be happy there and so we should sell him.
I don't see the point in us having both Chamakh and Bendtner, they both more or less play the same role and I don't think either of them are good enough to lead the line by themselves, although Chamakh done a good job for a few months. Hopefully Wenger sells one of them and brings in a decent striker with Bendtner/Chamakh as 3rd choice.
Some people thinking that Cesc injury is fake. Suspecting that they are protecting him frrom potential injury that could ruin a big cash deal with Barca...
Reply 9779
Original post by antonfigo
Some people thinking that Cesc injury is fake. Suspecting that they are protecting him frrom potential injury that could ruin a big cash deal with Barca...

Are you being serious?

Latest