The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

You might not get freshers flu anyway. I never got it. Though I might be unlucky this year
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 961
Original post by Holz<3
SO what accommodation has everyone decided

Parkwood Flats ^_^
Reply 962
Original post by saaail
Can I join in with the camaraderie? Darwin Houses may not have the chilly walk outside to get to the kitchens but.. well, I'll bribe you with a nice cup of tea and a copy of Where the Wild Things Are on DVD :^_^:

Haha, yeah, of course! The more the merrier! :biggrin: And we can all sit around in our wolf onesies, watching Where the Wild Things Are and sipping tea!

Original post by Loz17
You might not get freshers flu anyway. I never got it. Though I might be unlucky this year

That'd be nice. Gonna need all our strength for the Wild Rumpus! :wink:

I'm so cool, aren't I? :tongue:
Original post by Loz17

:shifty: I had Freshers' flu for ~4 weeks :colonhash:
Original post by Champagne Supernova
:shifty: I had Freshers' flu for ~4 weeks :colonhash:

We're living off campus next year, I'm sure you won't get it again :console:
Original post by jamie511
That'd be nice. Gonna need all our strength for the Wild Rumpus! :wink:

I'm so cool, aren't I? :tongue:

Haha so far you've made a rather good impression my good sir!
Original post by Loz17
We're living off campus next year, I'm sure you won't get it again :console:

I've had freshers flu for all three years I've been here! It'll find you, wherever you're living!
Original post by cinnamon442
I've had freshers flu for all three years I've been here! It'll find you, wherever you're living!

Don't say that. Though tbf I hate the Venue so I won't go near the place, which is the most likely place to catch it.

Though I will say now its not coz the place is rubbish, its coz I just don't like clubbing all that much. If you do its worth the flu :p: and you're just as likely to get it wherever you are on campus.
Hello, I was just wondering, how many people got their first choice accommodation when they applied as late as well... now? My first choice accommodation being Parkwood houses, 6 bed.
Reply 969
Original post by Loz17
What have you chosen?
(I'm already there so I'm exempt from the question :p:)

1; Tyler B&C
2; Parkwood flat en suite
3; New Keynes Townhouse
4; Darwin College room
Original post by Holz<3
1; Tyler B&amp;C
2; Parkwood flat en suite
3; New Keynes Townhouse
4; Darwin College room

Great choices :top:
pharmacy B230 just firmed medway
Reply 972
i've applied kent first choice for drama...but i need AAB, and for my AS (after 2 retakes!) i got ABC...plus i'm doing 0% of work right now

umm...d'ya think they'll just be like...she got BBC but she looked like a lovely girl we will let her in anyway??? :tongue:
Reply 973
Original post by krazyamy
i've applied kent first choice for drama...but i need AAB, and for my AS (after 2 retakes!) i got ABC...plus i'm doing 0% of work right now

umm...d'ya think they'll just be like...she got BBC but she looked like a lovely girl we will let her in anyway??? :tongue:

Do you have to do auditions? Maybe they'll put you through to audition and then you'll blow them away! They'll have to take you! :biggrin:
Reply 974
Original post by jamie511
Do you have to do auditions? Maybe they'll put you through to audition and then you'll blow them away! They'll have to take you! :biggrin:

haha!! i went for an audition/interview but it was very laid back, we didn't do a monolouge just group work. so back to sqaure one :tongue:

think i will just ring up and BEG them to let me in at clearing!! haha!
Original post by BellaSummer
Well good luck! I hope you achieve the grades you want! I too have an offer from kent uni, have yet to reply to my uni offers but will have to very soon. I think i'll be firming Kent as well!
I'm afraid I wont be studying Architecture, Sociology is what I hope to study.
I too put tyler court as my first and second choice. I think I chose Darwin Houses third and cant remember the fourth.
What uni have you put for your insurance ?
And im from Portsmouth :smile:

Funnily enough, my insurance is Portsmouth!! haah :smile: xx
Original post by dvtrainis
Funnily enough, my insurance is Portsmouth!! haah :smile: xx

Aha! Well i'm sure you'd like Portsmouth. I don't know what the Uni is like, but i've heard it's good! And the city is great, lots to do. Bit on the rough side though but that's expected as its a naval based city :biggrin: I think I might actually miss it when i'm at uni ahaha :biggrin: Are you looking forward to going to uni? I'm dead nervous but really excited too! x
Reply 977
Original post by krazyamy
haha!! i went for an audition/interview but it was very laid back, we didn't do a monolouge just group work. so back to sqaure one :tongue:

think i will just ring up and BEG them to let me in at clearing!! haha!

To be fair, my friend was about two grades off the requisite for an Engineering Masters at Leeds and he got in, so maybe you'll just have to ask them very nicely? :wink: Try not to worry about it, if you've showed you're a strong candidate in other areas; your personal statement's good, they can be pretty lenient! :smile:
Kent are usually very good with clearing. the course I'm doing (ok, fair enough that there's like 14 people doing it) but it was 280 UCAS points with BC in Chemistry and another science. 2 of my friends got in on CCC which is 240 UCAS points. It will always depend on how many clearing places there are for that course and by how much you missed the offer.
Original post by Loz17
Kent are usually very good with clearing. the course I'm doing (ok, fair enough that there's like 14 people doing it) but it was 280 UCAS points with BC in Chemistry and another science. 2 of my friends got in on CCC which is 240 UCAS points. It will always depend on how many clearing places there are for that course and by how much you missed the offer.

same for me, people got on to computer science with PPP in BTEC ffs :tongue:

what course do you do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending