The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Trinity Square, Nottingham Trent.

Having looked at Gill Street and Trinity Square I've applied to Trinity for my
accommodation this year! Anyone else staying there? I'm a bit worried that
there wont be many freshers in the building?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HW.

Gill Street will have more freshers because it is a university owned hall of residence, in contrast to Trinity Sq which is private. However, trinity square is much nicer and I'm sure they will have some freshers there!!!
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by HW.

hey :smile: i've applied for trinity square i heard that there are lots of 2nd 3rd and mature students that complain about noise sometimes but we will be meeting people who are living in different accommodations and i know there are loads of people applying ... if you go on that you go further site theres loads of people talking about accommodation :smile:
Reply 3
Hey how do you apply for trinity?
Reply 4
HW.
OP
Hi,
You just have to apply online. Once they receive your application you generally
hear within about 4 working days that they'll offer you a room and then they give you a week to pay the deposit (either £200 or £250...can't remember which exactly at the moment). You definitely applying to Trinity then?
Original post by Melissa2255
hey :smile: i've applied for trinity square i heard that there are lots of 2nd 3rd and mature students that complain about noise sometimes but we will be meeting people who are living in different accommodations and i know there are loads of people applying ... if you go on that you go further site theres loads of people talking about accommodation :smile:

don't worry about it at all! trinity is full of freshers probably 80% and has as many fresher reps from the uni as gill street. i spent my freshers year there and most people in the standard university are envious of the greater value for money and social life of trinity!
Reply 6
HW.
OP
Thanks, that's reassuring. The only doubtful thing about staying there was
if there weren't many freshers or reps.
Reply 7
Im thinking of applying to Trinity Square, Goldsmith Court or Gill Street, but probably wont have a cat in hells chance of getting Gill Street even if I stop up all night when it opens.
Reply 8
HW.
OP
There was still lots of availability after a couple of days when Gill St. was open to those with unconditional offers tbh. When I asked what time they were going live they said they don't say these days as their site crashed one year, but when I looked the first day, they were definitely live by 9.30am. You could always book Trinity or Goldsmith now?
Reply 9
Original post by ablakemanovf
don't worry about it at all! trinity is full of freshers probably 80% and has as many fresher reps from the uni as gill street. i spent my freshers year there and most people in the standard university are envious of the greater value for money and social life of trinity!

heyy thanks.... i've heard really good things about it and i know that there is loads of freshers applying to trinity so i actually cant wait to move in i've paid my deposit and everything now!! :smile:
Reply 10
HW.
OP
Original post by Melissa2255
heyy thanks.... i've heard really good things about it and i know that there is loads of freshers applying to trinity so i actually cant wait to move in i've paid my deposit and everything now!! :smile:

Hi Melissa, what flat number are you?!
Reply 11
Hi everyone, I'm in flat 98 next year? Anyone near? :smile: x
Reply 12
hey, im in my first year now living in trinity and its been amazing, read lots of bad reviews before i went but havnt experienced any of those negative reports.. never had a noise complaint and never really noticed the mature students around, halls are what you make them, if you find good friends and have good pre's/parties then your bound to like trin, the flats are better than most halls youll find and the location is the best in the city in my opinion..

an idea for those wanting to try get uni halls, apply for trin, then you have 2 weeks to pay your deposit, make sure this 2 weeks is within the time that uni halls go live, so if you dont get uni halls you have trin secured, and if you do get uni halls you can just cancel your trinity reservation and not pay the deposit therefore you dont loose out, last year trinity sold out once all the uni halls had gone so its an idea to be one step ahead of the game!

good luck
Reply 13
Original post by jess30
Hey how do you apply for trinity?

You can apply via this website http://www.derwentstudents.com/student-accommodation/Nottingham/Trinity_Square/ :smile: ... However i am not sure if
any rooms are still available.

Ohh and i already booked.. staying in 79A flat at trinityy starting this year and
cannot wait for freshers xD
Does anyone know if trinity square is walking distance to the waverley bullding? Who else is a fresher moving in this year? I'm thinking of booking tomorrow :smile:
Reply 15
Hi I'll be a fresher at trinity square in September and the comments on here are very reassuring because I had noticed some bad reviews after booking and was worried there wouldn't be many other first year students about :smile:
I'm a first year currently, but living in trinity next year, flat 12 room C in Shakespeare. I will hopefully be one of your fresher reps if my interview goes well next week :biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by Jennylianos
Does anyone know if trinity square is walking distance to the waverley bullding? Who else is a fresher moving in this year? I'm thinking of booking tomorrow :smile:

Yeah its a short walk :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by rachelkeira
I'm a first year currently, but living in trinity next year, flat 12 room C in Shakespeare. I will hopefully be one of your fresher reps if my interview goes well next week :biggrin:

I'm the same, will be in Trinity for my second year and got my interview next week as well. Good luck with yours!
Original post by Gibbsy
I'm the same, will be in Trinity for my second year and got my interview next week as well. Good luck with yours!

Same to you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending