The Student Room Group

Woodhouse college!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
if i meet the entry requirements for St Michaels (6A's), then i won't but if i don't, then i will see you there :smile:
Reply 321
Ahh well good luck with 6As,
If your gonna end up in Woodhouse then hello :smile: i wont know anybody there lol...

Good luck for tmr!
Reply 322
Original post by the don
if i meet the entry requirements for St Michaels (6A's), then i won't but if i don't, then i will see you there :smile:

Original post by N_young
Ahh well good luck with 6As,
If your gonna end up in Woodhouse then hello :smile: i wont know anybody there lol...

Good luck for tmr!

Neither will i but i need to start workin hard lol
Original post by Maya.
I made a reply several weeks ago saying how upset i was to be put on waiting list, and i was stubborn in the fact that i thought that this was the end of my application to woodhouse..

But since then they have sent me a letter offering me a place! :biggrin:

So you do still have a good chance of getting in even if you are on waiting list, i even called up and asked what else i could do to try get a place, and ended up writing the director of student services a letter.

Perseverance pays off!!
Good luck to all of you on waiting list, and to those who are going in september and to the introductory day i hope to see you there!!
x

Hey, me too! :biggrin: I wrote them an email, asking them why I didn't get a place and then they called me up to tell me that my offer letter was on it's way :smile:
Ahaha, who else is going then? I'll see you all there too in July! :biggrin: x
Reply 324
Original post by Princess_Shaz
Hey, me too! :biggrin: I wrote them an email, asking them why I didn't get a place and then they called me up to tell me that my offer letter was on it's way :smile:

Did you shout at them like said you were going to?
:wink:
Do you think it will be too late for me to do the same.

Oh and well done in getting in.

:colondollar: I accidently negged you, I was trying to click quote. Damn you glasses...Sorry! You can neg me back if you want :biggrin:
Reply 325

Well there is a 90% chance that I will be there :biggrin: :colondollar:
So Princess :wink: should be seeing you there maybe we could chat somewhere somehow online? and become like friends? cause well i wont know ANYBODY there... and also I wont be at the induction day... so kinda :eek: lol
Reply 326
I wont know anyone there either!
My names Maya and you'll notice me on the intro day and generally because i have bright red hair with purple ends :P
Come say hiiiiiiiii to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :biggrin:
xx
Original post by N_young
Well there is a 90% chance that I will be there :biggrin: :colondollar:
So Princess :wink: should be seeing you there maybe we could chat somewhere somehow online? and become like friends? cause well i wont know ANYBODY there... and also I wont be at the induction day... so kinda :eek: lol

Awwh, at least you'll get a fresh start, I guess :biggrin: How comes you won't be there at the induction day? 6 people from my year are going there, including me. Don't worry, we'll all write our TSR names on our foreheads, and that way we'll know who's who :tongue: What subjects are you taking? :smile:
Original post by Maya.
I wont know anyone there either!
My names Maya and you'll notice me on the intro day and generally because i have bright red hair with purple ends :P
Come say hiiiiiiiii to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :biggrin:
xx

Ahaha, I'll be sure to come and say hi to you :biggrin: Just don't get freaked out by me :tongue: Awwh, well now you know a princess :wink: :tongue: What subjects are you taking? :smile:
Original post by rae_
Did you shout at them like said you were going to?
:wink:
Do you think it will be too late for me to do the same.

Oh and well done in getting in.

:colondollar: I accidently negged you, I was trying to click quote. Damn you glasses...Sorry! You can neg me back if you want :biggrin:

Hey, I didn't get to shout at them because they wouldn't answer my phone call :tongue:
I definitely don't think it's too late for you to do what I did, because the deadline for accepting offers is next week, and more people may be rejecting their places :smile:
LOL! Ahaha, don't worry I won't neg you bak :tongue:
Thank you! I hope you get in too xx
Original post by aemilia
i think the best way to put is is, the fact that it is a selective school makes most people who go there quite smart. If you were one of the clever people at your secondary school, you will do well. you just have to remeber that a school with high standards has got a teaching system that allows teachers to teach them in a certain way.

do not expect to be looked after is what i mean. woodhouse really REALLY encourages individual learning, in that teachers teach and do nothing else. whereas, say a secondary school, or a non selective college would encourage an individual, and do everything they can to help them achieve their best, woodhouse just expects you do do so.

dont get me wrong, its a great place, and i have made the most amazing friends there, friends for life i hope. and my words mainly go out to the english department, and the maths department in my first year. its just that, you really need to be prepared to do a lot of the things yourself, and i guess its a very good warm up to uni.

and i said flop them, not **** them up:wink:
x

you are soo correct
Original post by the don
You did really well at gcse. BBC was good, if you think about half of the country not attaining C's....

Is there Sex and stuff at woodhouse, thats what ive been meaning to ask?

I've been at a boys school all my life....

well depends.... know theres loads of parties and stuff going on in the disabled toilets :/
u guys r sooo lucky, i'm leaviing this year

woow, i kinda wanna try emailing them now, i got on the waiting list :/
so what woodhouse email address did you sent to, they have like 3 :s-smilie:
Reply 333
Give it a try, sorry cant tell you which email it is, i didnt have to send any lol, but im sure that they will consider you :smile:
Reply 334
Im taking Psychology, Eng lit, biology and Geography :smile: :smile:
What will we be actually doing on the intro day??
x
Original post by Maya.
Im taking Psychology, Eng lit, biology and Geography :smile: :smile:
What will we be actually doing on the intro day??
x

Hire a tutor.
I sent my waiting list letter, but it was a day or two late :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 337
Original post by ??????????????????
Hire a tutor.

Hire a tutor?
Huh?
Original post by Maya.
Hire a tutor?
Huh?

Biology is bad at WH.
Reply 339
Original post by ??????????????????
Biology is bad at WH.

TBH, it doesn't really matter if the teachers are amazing or horrific, everyone who gets biology has to be very intelligent and thus, it doesn't really matter...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending