The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

I'm pretty confident the grade boundaries won't be much higher than normal, a lot of mistakes that a lot of people will make.
Original post by liviaaa
For the evapotaion I put, the pesticide will become more concentrated as the water is evaporated off.

6 marks is nothing, don't worry. :wink:

thts 6 marks so far.....wt did u write my the syntetic EPO will cause red blood cells to increase...i said its made for the original EPO and its in solution...so can get taken in. etc.
Original post by TlanTlan
12 hours something minutes was what i got for the time.

same brah
Also, what did you all get for the question where you had to fill in the number of bases in the table??
Reply 1224
12 hours something minutes was what i got for the time.

I think it said give your answer in minutes?
I thought the paper was okay. No massive shocks. I'll have made some really stupid mistakes though so I will probably be looking at a C/D. Probably have high-ish grade boundaries.
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm

Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
How..?

Didnt the question say one cell cycle = 4hrs18min

work out 8 cell cylcles?

I did 4hrs = 240mins

+ 18 mins

Maybe I misred the question, I was in a rush :s
Reply 1227
Original post by mike2niner4
Also, what did you all get for the question where you had to fill in the number of bases in the table??

Don't remember the exact numbers but they were basically diagnols in the base pairs, if that makes sense, lol. I think the only number we weren't given was 20?
1 cell > 2 cells > 4 cells > 8 cells.

3 cell cycles.
ahh i got 1032 for the minutes for the 8 cell thing but converted it to hours so got 17 hours 12 minutes for my overall answer :frown: damn! should've read the q :frown: ..
Reply 1230
Original post by swiftylol

work out 8 cell cylcles?

I did 4hrs = 240mins

+ 18 mins

Yeah you only had to multiple by 3, to produce 8 cells.

As 1 cell divison = 3 cells
Second division = 6 cells
Third division = 12 cells

work out 8 cell cylcles?

I did 4hrs = 240mins

+ 18 mins

1 division produces two cells, these 2 cells will divide to form 4, and those 4 form 8. Three divisions.
Original post by ThEStArE
I think i wrote small surface area to volume ratio!!!! i was rushing and wasn't thinking and when i saw the word small eggs it made me write down small AHHH haha only 1 mark, i got the second mark but that's pretty stupid thing to do :P

That's what I did. :facepalm: Little time left = Pressure = Brain going to mush. :sigh:

Overall, it wasn't that bad. A few tricky questions, but other than that, it was fine; certainly better than previous papers.

What did people for why synthetic EPO increases blood pressure/ causes high blood pressure?

3 cell cycles.

I got 744 minutes or something like that.

I got 55.56% for the other calculation.
Original post by mike2niner4

The number of Cs on strand A was equal to the number of Gs on strand B, and vice versa, same with As and Ts. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1235

work out 8 cell cylcles?

I did 4hrs = 240mins

+ 18 mins

yeah you did i think, i think it said to work out how long it would take to produce 8 cells

3 cell cycles.

Oh, misread it then :|
Reply 1237
Original post by tina_1517
ahh i got 1032 for the minutes for the 8 cell thing but converted it to hours so got 17 hours 12 minutes for my overall answer :frown: damn! should've read the q :frown: ..

I think 1032 is incorrect anyway? So I guess it doesn't really make a difference. :tongue:
Reply 1238
What was the answer to the question which said to suggest how scientists could measure the normal EPO levels?

Grade boundaries will probably be average - about 56/85 for an A.
Reply 1239
Original post by Limitless
I got 744 minutes or something like that.

I got 55.56% for the other calculation.

Yay same as me :biggrin: (Well 774 if that's what you meant, lol)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending