The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swiftylol
What did you put for the question asking to explain the graph, difference between line A and line B?

I dunno
I can only remember talking about it prevents a water potential gradient from being established.. ?
Reply 1721

I can only remember talking about it prevents a water potential gradient from being established.. ?
Positive Rating!

i was thinking about that, but i was more in the path of 'it just blocks everything' xD
What did you put for the question asking to explain the graph, difference between line A and line B?

What question was this?
Original post by ReMos

Original post by ReMos
I put that that in B the grease covered the stomatal pores which did not allow water to leave through the stomata which prevented loss in eater which reduced loss in mass :s-smilie: not sure if that is right tho :biggrin:

And the question before that, the one which asked to xplain the graph?
Original post by ReMos
i was thinking about that, but i was more in the path of 'it just blocks everything' xD

LOL oh well.
aqa has ruined my life...
im just praying i've scraped an A.
And the question before that, the one which asked to xplain the graph?

what did you put about b then?
Original post by ??????????????????

What question was this?

Blah blah blah, some bish put grease on leaves, and put them on lines. A had no grease, B had grease.

Explain the shape of the graph that represents line A.
Blah blah blah, some bish put grease on leaves, and put them on lines. A had no grease, B had grease.

Explain the shape of the graph that represents line A.

Oh I just said the grease was water proof.
Reply 1728
For the grease on plant B (or whatever) i said that the grease reduced light intensity to the plant which then meant the stomata did not open as gaseous exchange was not needed for photosynthesis.

Quite upset i didn't have to write Plasmodesmata in my paper :smile:
Reply 1729
i think it was explain the graph for a for 3 mark? if it was then i put:
high rate of loss of mass because of higher rate of loss of water at beggining as water diffused out through stomatal pores(and transpiration or something)
(from 0-60)

from 60-onwards

water potential of cells is lower becaus there is less water (all was lost~) so less water evapourated to air spaces=less vapour diffuses out of stomata=less waterloss=less loss in mass
(lower rate)

LOL @ how all of us have put different answers..
who knows what the right answer is...
LOL

What about the stomata remaining closed in order to prevent movement of water by osmosis which would decrease its mass?
Reply 1732
What are people thinking that the grade boundary is for a C?
It still loses mass because she only covered the upper surface with grease. She left the lower surface (which generally contains more of the stoma) uncovered and thus transpiration could still occur down there so it still lost mass, just not as much.
Reply 1734
How was it guys? Hard? Easy? Just wanted to know coz i have chemistry tomorrow!
Original post by Wick3d
What about the stomata remaining closed in order to prevent movement of water by osmosis which would decrease its mass?

Could be anything. I just thought of it as an artificial waxy cuticle.
Could be anything. I just thought of it as an artificial waxy cuticle.

Don't worry it was only a few marks out of 85. :smile:

And who knows with AQA and their dodgy mark schemes.
Original post by Wick3d

I think the main concept is about a preventation in a water potential gradient. The other user talked about waterproof = no water potential gradient. Stomata closed = no water potential gradient, therefore less loss.
I think i just mentioned w.p gradient reduced, so less loss of water :smile:
I came out feeling quite happy about it tbh, fingers crossed I did OK :smile:
I should really be revising chemistry now but wanted to have a quick look on here, it's turning into a 15 minute long look now xD
Hope you all found it OK :smile:
will I get the mark for stating % difference as 52.2 because I used 9.2 NOT 9

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending