The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EffKayy
I think the main concept is about a preventation in a water potential gradient. The other user talked about waterproof = no water potential gradient. Stomata closed = no water potential gradient, therefore less loss.
I think i just mentioned w.p gradient reduced, so less loss of water :smile:

I said waterproof so doesn't evaporate from the surface of the leaf as much... D:
Original post by jsmith6131
will I get the mark for stating % difference as 52.2 because I used 9.2 NOT 9

One for the working out and you might get another if there AQA gives a range.
ok thanks
Original post by Kisskoli
some animal cells have cell walls.... its cellulose cell walls that are only in plants?

Animal cells never, ever, everrrrrrr have cell walls. ever.
Original post by specialapple
animal cells never, ever, everrrrrrr have cell walls. Ever.

eveeerrrrrr
Reply 1745
As for the structure in plants but not Animals it was
Chloroplasts and starch store?
Reply 1746
Original post by davis053
As for the structure in plants but not Animals it was
Chloroplasts and starch store?

Tbh seemed to be most of the stuff on the diagram, both them are right.

I went for Cell Wall + Chloroplasts.
Original post by M | k e
Tbh seemed to be most of the stuff on the diagram, both them are right.

I went for Cell Wall + Chloroplasts.

Me tooo
The first set of pages was awesome
then came onto the hsw questions
:eek:
Reply 1748
Original post by EffKayy
Me tooo

Yeah, so many random 2 mark questions about nothing interesting. I got bored so counted them and there was 26 lol.

Knowledgey questions seemed pretty reasonable though :tongue:.
Original post by TlanTlan
eveeerrrrrr

Hahahaha OH, YOU! :ahee:
Original post by EffKayy
Me tooo

I didn't realise I completed question 2. I was writing some answers down for question 3 and I checked the time and about 15 minutes had gone, I was like that was quick, when did I do question 2? :s-smilie:

I went back and checked and realised question 2 was worth 4 marks, like wtf?!
Original post by Wick3d
I didn't realise I completed question 2. I was writing some answers down for question 3 and I checked the time and about 15 minutes had gone, I was like that was quick, when did I do question 2? :s-smilie:

Ohh :L
LOL
I'm quite worried in terms of the markscheme, loads of people here have written different answers for the same question
LOL
Reply 1752
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
I know what you mean... I would hate to ever think I'd done well then not. That's never happened to me but that would be awful!

Haha, thanks. :smile: I'd rather Bio was in the morning but ahh well.

I have Chem on Fri then French on the 6th, joy. :p: Tomorrow is my 1st exam. Dw, revision will be done soon, no more for like 7 months! :smile:

Sorry for the late reply thought it was time to actually start revising
hahaa.. how did you find it? I thought i went okay.. :smile:
Reply 1753
Original post by Wick3d

Can't even remember what question 2 was about >:biggrin:.

Oxygen dissociation curve page was only 5 marks too, and like 3 of them were tissue fluid :tongue:.
Reply 1754
Original post by EffKayy
Ohh :L
LOL
I'm quite worried in terms of the markscheme, loads of people here have written different answers for the same question
LOL

Which question(s)? I'll have a go >:biggrin:, probably different to everyone else :biggrin:.
I just feel like i've failed....ugh well gotta get back to chem revision...was not looking forward to bio exam :[ I wanna know how I've done with like an unofficial markscheme or w/e atleast i won't be in for a shock of how crappy ive done
Original post by M | k e
Which question(s)? I'll have a go >:biggrin:, probably different to everyone else :biggrin:.

LOL
why B has a lower change in mass or something
i basically wrote about a reduced water potential gradient, thus losing less water etc..
Reply 1757
Original post by EffKayy
LOL
why B has a lower change in mass or something
i basically wrote about a reduced water potential gradient, thus losing less water etc..

Oh gah that one I just wrote alotttt of different stuff haha.

Went for some stomata covered by grease so water will take longer to diffuse out, also said the actual thickness of the leaf will be increased, increasing diffusion pathway so water loss is reduced through the leaf. And put less light will be able to be absorbed (no idea if this is true :P) so less photosynthesis will be taking place, hence less exchange gases required and stomata can close. And about water potential.

Was a "**** it go for a mark :biggrin:" question :smile:.
Original post by SoftMusk
I just feel like i've failed....ugh well gotta get back to chem revision...was not looking forward to bio exam :[ I wanna know how I've done with like an unofficial markscheme or w/e atleast i won't be in for a shock of how crappy ive done

ye agreed, we need an unofficial mark scheme.
Reply 1759
i dnt know how people got 3 cycles produces 8 cells coz ther r two produced in one cycle 2x4 = 8 so i timesd it by 4 not 3??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending