The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1880
Original post by suzanni
i got 11 for A and T on the top row I think! :/
Can't remember any others

I don't think the row should of been the same, if you got 11 for A on the top row, I think you should of got 11 for T on the bottom row. (As they were 2 strands of the same DNA, so should match up with each other).

I got like 26 19 9 20 as they all add to 148 (the 74 base pairs).
_______ 19 26 20 9
Original post by mikey0892
What did you guys put for the last question about bacteria immunology?
i put vertical and horizontal gene transmittion!
any thoughts?

- yeah basically resistant strains survive, reproduce pass on plasmid containing resistant allele to next generation via vertical gene transmission. as the q was about trouble of antibiotics i also added horizontal gene transmission and how this leads to 'super bugs'
Reply 1882
Original post by ellen-marie1992
according to the AQA website for the new specification the Biol2 is out of 85 and to get an A you need 52 which works out 61% which seems crazy low

Would appreciate it if someone could confirm/correct me on this

It changes each year of course, I'd *guess* (from no knowledge of past grade boundaries) around 70% would get an A? Biology is always notoriously low. Unit 4 especially is sometimes UNDER 50% for an A.
Reply 1883
Original post by M | k e
I don't think the row should of been the same, if you got 11 for A on the top row, I think you should of got 11 for T on the bottom row. (As they were 2 strands of the same DNA, so should match up with each other).

_______ 19 26 20 9

that's exactly what I put, a similar question came up before...
guys so was the percetnage increase 55.6% then????

any1 confirm?

last Q on apoplast was alrite
Reply 1885
Original post by M | k e
It changes each year of course, I'd *guess* (from no knowledge of past grade boundaries) around 70% would get an A? Biology is always notoriously low. Unit 4 especially is sometimes UNDER 50% for an A.

it's only low because AQA are so bloody vague!
Original post by ellen-marie1992
- so what is the grade boundary for 'A' and 'B' do you know? I got a C last year and revised a fair amount this year and doesnt seem to have paid off

Ah, that 65% is just a general guess, going by the boundaries from the last few papers...
From the last 4 sessions, they've been:

Jan '11: A(64%) B(56%) C(45%)
Jun '10: A(69%) B(61%) C(53%)
Jan '10: A(61%) B(54%) C(48%)
Jun '09: A(65%) B(58%) C(51%)
Reply 1887
Original post by maymaymo
it's only low because AQA are so bloody vague!

Yeah it's hard to find the marks especially in unit 4, and they're always like 50% hsw so not many topics even come up >_<.
We should be focusing on chemistry tomorrow!!!
i think nearly 2/3 of my bio class failed this exam because half of them looked through the paper, had a go at the 1-2 marker questions and just sat there for the rest 1 1/2 hours lol....i went through my exam paper like 5 times haha and just scribbled things down where i thought was appropriate.

any1 confirm?
Reply 1891
Original post by maymaymo
that's exactly what I put, a similar question came up before...

Sweet :smile:

At first I'd put like 26 26 9 9 or whatever and matched both rows as though they were both a full DNA strand, before I actually read the question then I kinda clicked they were the 2 seperate strands of one DNA helix >_<. And the fact they used base pairs = 74, instead of saying 148 bases. Seemed kinda a tricky question for 2 marks.
Reply 1892
Original post by kingsmod1

any1 confirm?

Yes.
Reply 1893
Original post by kingsmod1

any1 confirm?

Why do you keep asking, like I said before about 90% of people got 55.55555% as their answer, so however you rounded it 55.56/55.6% is likely the right answer. Obviously no1 can confirm this, but yes I'd say its pretty sure to be right.
Original post by Kidneyjean
Ah, that 65% is just a general guess, going by the boundaries from the last few papers...
From the last 4 sessions, they've been:

Jan '11: A(64%) B(56%) C(45%)
Jun '10: A(69%) B(61%) C(53%)
Jan '10: A(61%) B(54%) C(48%)
Jun '09: A(65%) B(58%) C(51%)

- thanks alot, a may *just may* stand a chance still
Original post by M | k e
Why do you keep asking, like I said before about 90% of people got 55.55555% as their answer, so however you rounded it 55.56/55.6% is likely the right answer. Obviously no1 can confirm this, but yes I'd say its pretty sure to be right.

any1 confirm?

LOL JK
Reply 1896
What does everyone think the mark for 100ums will be??? :smile: thanks
Reply 1897
Original post by M | k e

_______ 19 26 20 9

Ahhh I'm sorrry!
I think I was in a bad place stressed in the exam!!!
I think I put 26 26 11 11
FML :frown: I can't really remember haha but I certainly got 11 for either A or T on top row. At least each row added up to 74 in mine I suppose?!
The exam stress turns my brain into mush!! :frown: Your answer sounds good :smile: Thanks
how many marks will a C be???? plzz replyy!!!!! lol
Reply 1899
Original post by suzanni
Ahhh I'm sorrry!
I think I was in a bad place stressed in the exam!!!
I think I put 26 26 11 11
FML :frown: I can't really remember haha but I certainly got 11 for either A or T on top row. At least each row added up to 74 in mine I suppose?!
The exam stress turns my brain into mush!! :frown: Your answer sounds good :smile: Thanks

Hehe I could be wrong, but I guess you'd still get one mark as long as you matched up A's and T's and C's and G's somewhere, and perhaps made sure you got 148 total :tongue:. So I figure you should at least get 1/2 ^_^.

Yeah exam stress sucks, I was sat next to the radiator and kept thinking how warm it was ~.~

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending