Reply 1901
Original post by SoftMusk
how many marks will a C be???? plzz replyy!!!!! lol

Use the thing that other guy posted :biggrin:

"Jan '11: A(64%) B(56%) C(45%)
Jun '10: A(69%) B(61%) C(53%)
Jan '10: A(61%) B(54%) C(48%)
Jun '09: A(65%) B(58%) C(51%)"

So guess around ~50%, so 43 marks or so?
Reply 1902
I was wondering if anyone had posted the exam questions in a earlier post or an unoffical mark scheme?

I found the paper okay but I left little time for last 2 pages-15 minutes! Not good! So think I didn't answer about 18 marks in the whole paper. :frown: Nightmare!
Did anyone else find they ran out of time? How was it for you guys?
This is heavily frustrating. I finished the exam in 45mins and had so much time to check through and I did but found no mistakes. Lost around 18 marks I reckon. Urgh. Hope its an A
Original post by suzanni
I was wondering if anyone had posted the exam questions in a earlier post or an unoffical mark scheme?

I found the paper okay but I left little time for last 2 pages-15 minutes! Not good! So think I didn't answer about 18 marks in the whole paper. :frown: Nightmare!
Did anyone else find they ran out of time? How was it for you guys?

I finished 50 minutes early:colondollar:
Reply 1905
Original post by mikey0892
We should be focusing on chemistry tomorrow!!!

Agreed.

Original post by kingsmod1
guys so was the percetnage increase 55.6% then????

any1 confirm?

I got that, and i think quite a few others did-makes it highly likely, but not sure if we can confirm it-only the examiners can do that.

Original post by ZeeBurb
What does everyone think the mark for 100ums will be??? :smile: thanks

Do you mean full marks UMS? For this exams its 140 UMS for full UMS. I found this UMS conveter for the exams a few weeks ago, so i can tell you them for the past few papers:

June 2009- 67/85 converts to 140/140 UMS
Jan 2010-64/85 converts to 140/140 UMS
June 2010-73/85 converts to 140/140 UMS
Jan 2011-64/85 converts to 140/140 UMS

I thinks its pretty good how we can drop 21 marks, and still get full UMS marks. I think it will probably be around 68-72 for this exam, but i'm just being pessimistic.
Reply 1906
Original post by M | k e
Hehe I could be wrong, but I guess you'd still get one mark as long as you matched up A's and T's and C's and G's somewhere, and perhaps made sure you got 148 total :tongue:. So I figure you should at least get 1/2 ^_^.

Yeah exam stress sucks, I was sat next to the radiator and kept thinking how warm it was ~.~

Sure does!! Ha I can relate- It was boiling in ours until someone opened the window and there was such an irratating bird singing! :P Ahaaa.
In the table do you know what parts were already filled in?
How the hell did you guys finish early!!!!!

I ran out of time lmao
Original post by Reminisce
What did you guys put for why older people are more prone to C Difficile...

Out of interest, who else actually underlined the name (obviously, it's pretty hard writing in italics)?

I put that they have weaker immune systems so they are more prone. I underlined it because it is a scientific word, but I don't think we get a mark for it :frown:
Reply 1909
Original post by suzanni
Sure does!! Ha I can relate- It was boiling in ours until someone opened the window and there was such an irratating bird singing! :P Ahaaa.

I think it was like a 26 on top row, for either A or T, and a 19 on bottom row, for the opposite either A or T. And a 9 on the bottom row for C or G? So that gave you the 26, 26, 19, 19, 9, 9 leaving you to do the little bit of maths to figure out the last pair numbers :tongue:.

Was roughly something like that.
Wowzers, i saw this thread was started two months ago :eek: I started my revision like last night, i think the exam was ok though, easier that i thought it would be :smile:
Reply 1911
Original post by Kaylaleigh
I finished 50 minutes early:colondollar:

Wowowww, I wish you could have donated me some of your time!:P
How did you guys find the four marker on athlete performance, it was hard to think of four points to write, i think i put how more EPO leads to more RBC's and therefore haemoglobin etc etc
Original post by suzanni

it was raining hard during our exam, the sound was so relaxing, :smile:
Reply 1914
Original post by clairen886
I put that they have weaker immune systems so they are more prone. I underlined it because it is a scientific word, but I don't think we get a mark for it :frown:

That's what i put as well. The only other thing i thought of was that older people would have less of the harmful bacteria as they started to die off-but that would also mean less C difficile, so i thought it must be the immune system.

Original post by swiftylol
How the hell did you guys finish early!!!!!

I ran out of time lmao

I think doing past papers helped. I finished in just under one hour-although i could have messed it up.
Original post by EffKayy
This is heavily frustrating. I finished the exam in 45mins and had so much time to check through and I did but found no mistakes. Lost around 18 marks I reckon. Urgh. Hope its an A

How about answering that question I asked you but a few pages before?
Original post by clairen886

i wrote weaker immune system, so is it not right?
Reply 1917
Original post by Jackwellis
Wowzers, i saw this thread was started two months ago :eek: I started my revision like last night, i think the exam was ok though, easier that i thought it would be :smile:

Ikr lol I started this morning :tongue: Did the past papers over the last week though.
Reply 1918
Original post by Muggle#334025
How did you guys find the four marker on athlete performance, it was hard to think of four points to write, i think i put how more EPO leads to more RBC's and therefore haemoglobin etc etc

I went for:

More RBC's = more haemoglobin.
More haemoglobin = more oxygen carried in blood.
More oxygen = more aerobic respiration.
Muscles respiring to create energy, so more respiration = more energy for long distance events.
Reply 1919
Original post by M | k e
I think it was like a 26 on top row, for either A or T, and a 19 on bottom row, for the opposite either A or T. And a 9 on the bottom row for C or G? So that gave you the 26, 26, 19, 19, 9, 9 leaving you to do the little bit of maths to figure out the last pair numbers :tongue:.

Was roughly something like that.

Whoops! That was easy peesy too! :/ Taaa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending