The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier: Applicants for 2011

Scroll to see replies

mariak, you are lucky that you got to have a look at the accommodations, I am from the States so it's not really practical for me to do so.... as far as the area, are there conveniences (such as food shops, boots, etc. ) within walking distance ? do you know how long it takes to get to the Craiglockhart campus ?
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Reply 461
Original post by americangirl17
mariak, you are lucky that you got to have a look at the accommodations, I am from the States so it's not really practical for me to do so.... as far as the area, are there conveniences (such as food shops, boots, etc. ) within walking distance ? do you know how long it takes to get to the Craiglockhart campus ?

Yeah I know it's difficult, I'm from Greece but I had the opportunity to visit Edinburgh :smile: There is a tesco express within walking distance, and I think a bit further there is a superdrug. Also next to the accommodation is the fountainpark(cinema etc) , I don't know if you 've heard of it. The city center though, by bus, is something like 5 minutes and there is a bus stop next to the accommodation.
Craiglockhart is 15-20 minutes by bus and the bus stop is about 5 or a bit more by foot.
Reply 462
Conditional for graphic design!
Is there anyone else doing the same?
Reply 463
Original post by natacha_812
Yay ! Finally some postgrads ! I have applied to the MSc Publishing but so far I have not heard from them :s I'm so stressed out ! Did anyone else apply to the same degree or is still waiting for an offer ? Congrats to the others :wink:

I applied for the MSc Publishing too over two weeks ago and not heard anything back. I too am feeling the stress. I emailed the admissions office and they said it could still be anything from 8-10 WEEKS!!!!!! Patience is not my strong point. Im wondering what sorta additional materials they could ask for.
Have you heard anything from them yet.
Has anybody else applied to Napier through extra? I not heard back yet :frown:
Original post by worrywart
I applied for the MSc Publishing too over two weeks ago and not heard anything back. I too am feeling the stress. I emailed the admissions office and they said it could still be anything from 8-10 WEEKS!!!!!! Patience is not my strong point. Im wondering what sorta additional materials they could ask for.
Have you heard anything from them yet.

Well, this is not very good news !! I can't wait anymore, I applied in January !!! I have been offered an unconditional place from The university of Stirling, same degree, but Edinburg is my favourite choice :s
I hope that we'll both success and see each other in september but I have to admit that at this point I might start loosing hope... I called them and sent so many emails... I dnt wanna wait 10 weeks :'(
Have you applied somewhere else ?
Reply 466
QUOTE=natacha_812;31555071]Well, this is not very good news !! I can't wait anymore, I applied in January !!! I have been offered an unconditional place from The university of Stirling, same degree, but Edinburg is my favourite choice :s
I hope that we'll both success and see each other in september but I have to admit that at this point I might start loosing hope... I called them and sent so many emails... I dnt wanna wait 10 weeks :'(
Have you applied somewhere else ?

Since Jan!! I only applied to Edinburgh Napier, as I really liked the structure of thecourse and the city is the best.
The response I had from them today said that the creative industry courses are competitive and therefore take longer than the stipulated 10 days, that if you hadn't had any response within 8-10 weeks then check the progress of your application with them.
I don't wanna wait 10 or more weeks either, that really sucks!
Anyway best of luck with your application :crossedf: and hopefully we'll both be there in September.
Reply 467
I have just firmed Edinburgh Napier and met my conditions yesterday :-D
Original post by chloenestea
Has anybody else applied to Napier through extra? I not heard back yet :frown:

My girlfriend did. For Interior Architecture. She's in the same position as you... Nothing...
Original post by lorinbosoc
My girlfriend did. For Interior Architecture. She's in the same position as you... Nothing...

Thanks for letting me know, don't feel to bad now..
Not been on this thread for ages as Napier is my insurance but thought I'd have a look and this is great news to see:

Original post by OndrejC2
I have just firmed Edinburgh Napier and met my conditions yesterday :-D

Congratulations! I will possibly see you in September :smile:
Reply 471
Great, but you are going to Uni Edinburgh, don´t you.
Hey guys I just found this excellent blog about applying to school in the UK. You should check it out! http://theuniguide.tumblr.com/"
I don't know if I'll be going to Edinburgh Uni, need to get the conditions and they're really hard so Napier is still a possibility
Reply 474
hey :smile:
Just applied for the MSc in Event and Festival Management at Napier.
So, im waiting for a reply sometime next week.

Anyone in here taking this course?
Reply 475
applied through extra for nursing, fingers crossed :s
Original post by hanbanane
applied through extra for nursing, fingers crossed :s

could you send me a message when you receive any answer from them please? cause my gf applied through extra back in april and still didn't get anything.
Reply 477
Is here anyone who is nonEU citizen and going to study at Napier? Let me know please!
Thank you
Reply 478
Hey all Edinburgh Napier Freshers!
Did you know we have only 100 days to start our university life with amazing FRESHERS week full of parties, fun, friends, drinks ...

Do you want to meet more students before the uni begins?? Are you dying for any piece of information or new video, photo of Napier? Join our Edinburgh Napier Facebook Freshers 2011

Why to join ?

you will get a marvellous opportunity to find and chat with your future classmates

you will socialize with future Edinburgh Napier Students

you will be informed about current news

you will be informed about fresher week, about planned parties, trips

it is easy, just click on the Like button at our facebook page

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 479
Hey all Edinburgh Napier Freshers! :smile:
Did you know we have only 100 days to start our university life with amazing FRESHERS week full of parties, fun, friends, drinks ...

Do you want meet to more students before the uni begins?? Are you dying for any piece of information or new video, photo of Napier? Join our Edinburgh Napier Facebook Freshers 2011

Why to join ?

you will get a marvellous opportunity to find and chat with your future classmates

you will socialize with future Edinburgh Napier Students

you will be informed about current news

you will be informed about fresher week, about planned parties, trips

it is easy, just click on the Like button at our facebook page

(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest