The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jessyfantastic90
yeah I joined lookbook but I haven't uploaded any pics yet.. it seems snobby! Your just uploading pics of your favourite outfit guys none of you are Giselle or Anna Wintour yet so stop being snobby. I mightjoin chictopia :smile:

Yeah it comes across as very elitist :tongue: I think I've had one 'hype' on lookbook whereas on chictopica there are lots of lovely people who comment and vote. Obviously it's not all about getting comments etc but people on chictopia are a lot more welcoming!
To get hype on lookbook, well to get a lot of 'hype' you have to wear the lookbook uniform. Might join chictopia too.
Are any of you on 'thefashionspot' ?
Original post by clo-clo1
To get hype on lookbook, well to get a lot of 'hype' you have to wear the lookbook uniform. Might join chictopia too.
Are any of you on 'thefashionspot' ?

Think I signed up a while back,but I need to check though. What's that like??
Original post by jessyfantastic90
Think I signed up a while back,but I need to check though. What's that like??

Well I love the forums but obviously some people are a bit snobby but most are lovely and friendly. Plus I love talking to people about fashion collections and stuff or just reading what people think about them
Original post by Allthatstyle
Who here has a fashion/beauty blog? I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread to share ideas/give tips to other bloggers!
My blog is www.allthatstyle.blogspot.com

I would love to see and discover other known/unknown blogs!

Maths or GTFO
OMG I lost a follower. No idea why
Original post by clo-clo1
Well I love the forums but obviously some people are a bit snobby but most are lovely and friendly. Plus I love talking to people about fashion collections and stuff or just reading what people think about them

Sounds cool! I really wanna increase my knowledge of fashion designers as well and collections.
Original post by teddybomb
I doubt anyone would mind!

Although, this made me think, is anyone else on lookbook? I joined a while ago and have been using the forums etc more lately, but I find it a bit snobby...like there's even a thread where people flag other users looks for 'not following the rules'. It used to be invitation only, so I can see where it comes from, but it all seems a bit petty. I made a thread earlier which I'm pretty sure has been deleted, although I don't know why...chictopia is definitely a lot friendlier.

Oh right, it's because it said you had to be approved by a mod so I wasn't sure :tongue: but I've been approved now so it's okay :smile:

Edit: Apparently I haven't been approved :lol: I thought I had been since I got emails telling me I've had mail on there haha :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 788
Original post by museobsessed

I wouldn't get down about it :smile: I always seem to find that if I lose one, I gain 3 or 4 more throughout the rest of the month! :tongue:
Don't take it to heart :smile:

Original post by Rhii
I wouldn't get down about it :smile: I always seem to find that if I lose one, I gain 3 or 4 more throughout the rest of the month! :tongue:
Don't take it to heart :smile:

thanks for the support. I mean the only reason I can think of to unfollow my blog is that they find it boring. Hopefully thats not the case! I hope I do get more followers as you say
Reply 790
thanks for the support. I mean the only reason I can think of to unfollow my blog is that they find it boring. Hopefully thats not the case! I hope I do get more followers as you say

I'm sure you will :smile: Just persevere :smile:
I have found my outfit posts are so much better since coming home, my uni room was awful for light too! I suggest making the most of good natural light when we are lucky enough to have it. I bought a tripod off ebay for less than a tenner (and free postage) which is really good and lightweight. I have been contemplating a remote control but at the moment just use a timer. A decent camera is such a huge help though :smile:

Ooh I'm glad it's not just me! Yeah I'm going to have to have a little practice in different rooms around my house. I'm home officially in a couple of weeks time so the blog will have to wait a little longer for nice outfit pictures. Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely have a look on ebay. Yeah I thought a remote sounded easiest but to be honest I'm going to be so flumoxed by having a "proper" camera, the self-timer will be the least of my problems haha. Love your blog by the way!
Original post by Georgiahoneybee
Ooh I'm glad it's not just me! Yeah I'm going to have to have a little practice in different rooms around my house. I'm home officially in a couple of weeks time so the blog will have to wait a little longer for nice outfit pictures. Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely have a look on ebay. Yeah I thought a remote sounded easiest but to be honest I'm going to be so flumoxed by having a "proper" camera, the self-timer will be the least of my problems haha. Love your blog by the way!

I love your blog! Following :biggrin:

I wouldn't take it to heart, I've lost a few over the few months. Maybe they are reducing the amount of blogs that they're following, and unfollowed the ones they don't read as much, or maybe they're just giving up on blogging all together and deleted their account. There are so many reasons, so I wouldn't take it to heart :smile:.

I lost a few the other day (I think it's because I blogged about frozen yogurt :dontknow:), but my blog sub heading does say 'hair, beauty and random thoughts'. I also lost a few on twitter because I was talking to someone about the Formula 1 yesterday (epic race by the way:smile:). But I have since regained a few. So it's kinda like a yo yo, you'll loose some and regain some. I got a bit :frown:, but meh I think that is just the name of the game in blog land. :smile:
Original post by Georgiahoneybee

Hey, I've just noticed we're at the same uni! Welll I guess you've just finished!
Reply 797
new blogpost is up on http://beautifulsnow.wordpress.com
I would be very happy if you would follow me on bloglovin :blush:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey, I've just noticed we're at the same uni! Welll I guess you've just finished!

Ooh yay another Univeristy of Reading-er! I am indeedy, leaving in a couple of weeks. I've absolutely loved it here though. What year are you in? What are you studying?

Also, so this stays (a little bit) on topic, has anyone had any experience with scheduled posts on blogger? I'm going away on a couple of little holidays over the next few weeks, but I don't want to neglect the blog. I've set them up to be scheduled on certain days at certain times. It seems like a fab little feature if it works properly!

Latest