in my essay i wrote about:
-carbon
-nitrogen
-circulatory system
-cell cycle(mitosis)
-krebs
-calvin
-PCR

and in my plan i wrote about hormones like menstrul cycle but forgot to write tht in the essay, u rekon ill get full 3/3? thanks
The percentage question clearly said only for nervous stimulation.....so it has to be 100 0 0. But i am not really sure!!! Apart from that thepaper was quite good....with some tricky questions(had to be there). The essay topics were a gift ....I did the DNA one and wrote like 5 pages on all the DNA stuff in A2 and some from unit 2.The grade boundries will be 60 to 70 % for an A I think. But seeing that some people found it difficult they could be lower.
Wrong it says what percentage of gastric acid is from nervous stimulation at that point, thus 80%.
Original post by goodboy4444
The percentage question clearly said only for nervous stimulation.....so it has to be 100 0 0. But i am not really sure!!! Apart from that thepaper was quite good....with some tricky questions(had to be there). The essay topics were a gift ....I did the DNA one and wrote like 5 pages on all the DNA stuff in A2 and some from unit 2.The grade boundries will be 60 to 70 % for an A I think. But seeing that some people found it difficult they could be lower.

I put 100 0 0.. it makes sense... :s-smilie:
Reply 3084
What did people put for the question that asked describe how the data shows that the cells produced or toti-potent?
Reply 3085
Original post by ApplePi
I put this too.

The protein can be broken down (by hydrolysis) and the constituent amino acids can be recombined in a different order to give a new protein.

I put that. Only i put monosaccharides and polysaccharides..... :facepalm:
Reply 3086

no it was definitely the total amount, so it is 80% :s-smilie:
Original post by lpassby
Okay, to clear up the percentage question once and for all, here is the graph we were given:

The table asked what % of the gastric juice was produced by nervous stimulation.

At 1 hour after digestion, nervous is at 8 units and hormonal is at 2, therefore nervous represents 8/10 = 80%

At 2 hours after digestion, nervous stimulation has dropped to 0, only hormonal stimulation is occurring so the percentage is 0%

3 hours gives the same answer as 2 hours.

It asked about *nervous stimulation* not anything to do with hormonal
Reply 3088
Original post by lpassby
Okay, to clear up the percentage question once and for all, here is the graph we were given:

The table asked what % of the gastric juice was produced by nervous stimulation.

At 1 hour after digestion, nervous is at 8 units and hormonal is at 2, therefore nervous represents 8/10 = 80%

At 2 hours after digestion, nervous stimulation has dropped to 0, only hormonal stimulation is occurring so the percentage is 0%

3 hours gives the same answer as 2 hours.

Sh%t! I got this wrong! I did 100,0,0 - how many marks was it?

It was 80 0 0, learn maths...
Reply 3090
Original post by Tericon
I put that. Only i put monosaccharides and polysaccharides..... :facepalm:

Ohhhh dear... The pressure of an exam worth 60% of A2 makes us do silly things :frown:
Original post by VinnDawggg

it was total amount of hormone produced at a specific time of nervous stimulation
correct answer is
80 0 0
Reply 3092
Original post by VinnDawggg

Yes, it asked about nervous stimulation and the total volume of gastric juice produced - hormonal stimulation contributed to gastric juice production at 1 hr so had to be taken into consideration.

It was only worth 1 mark if I remember correctly, 2 max.
Original post by janet9
Sh%t! I got this wrong! I did 100,0,0 - how many marks was it?

only 1 mark!
Original post by gorillaz121
It was 80 0 0, learn maths...

Clam down lol!!! Untill someone shows me the question paper and I read the question again(I might be wrong) I will stick with my point.. :smile:
for the two questions on histamine and hormone,.......what did people put?
Reply 3096
The best bit about that exam is that its over :biggrin: I will never ever have to pretend to care about flies growing up or pigs getting pregnant again. .
So long aqa biology! :biggrin:

BUT If I fail and have to retake. . .fml!
Hey i'm reli worried I messed up my essay and wanted to know what people think - btw you can be brutally honest. :biggrin:

I chose the DNA and its uses in science and technology and talked about;

1) Classification and using DNA hybridisation to find how similar or different organisms are
2) Then talked about DNA fingerprinting and using polymerase chain reaction
3) then i talked about meiosis and how understanding how variation is important is used for conservation (okay i know this is a stretch).

and thats about it :frown:
Reply 3098
What do you think the boundaries will be for all of the grades? cause i really need a C bu most people are just putting what they think the boundary for an A is? I feel a bit stupid haha
do you get marks for the plan? didn't really do one coz i'd done the essay before..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending