The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official Rosebery thread thing 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
On this official LSE page for Rosebery Hall it also says "Residents must provide and launder their own bed linen, pillows, duvet, and towels." This is why I initially thought I had to pack these things.

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/lifeAtLSE/accommodation/forStudents/residentialHalls/roseberyHall/roseberyHallHomePage.aspx
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 161
Original post by aagron
On this official LSE page for Rosebery Hall it also says "Residents must provide and launder their own bed linen, pillows, duvet, and towels." This is why I initially thought I had to pack these things.

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/lifeAtLSE/accommodation/forStudents/residentialHalls/roseberyHall/roseberyHallHomePage.aspx

That's pretty bad. I'll let Rosebery know and hopefully that stuff can be updated. I've been at Rosebery for the past two years and have always been given a duvet and 2 pillows. I'm also going to whizz an email off to housekeeping just to check that things haven't changed for this year. I'll keep you updated.

Btw if you guys are members of the rogue group, feel free to post a link to the real facebook page on the wall/under where people have asked questions. I'll be surprised if my request to join the group is accepted..
Reply 162
Original post by aagron

Hey,

The head of housekeeping has got back to me, and she says that the info online is inaccurate. Pillows and a duvet will be supplied as has been the case in past years.

Hope that helps - sorry about the confusion!
Reply 163
Original post by Hollie -
Oh dear, a rogue group. Thanks so much for linking us to it! (Watch out for stuff like this btw. We've already had to get others like this taken down this year. They will try and sell you tickets to events.)

Sorry to be a complete pest, but I've one more question. Do we need to provide our own kitchen utensils/cutlery etc?
Reply 164
Original post by seans443
Sorry to be a complete pest, but I've one more question. Do we need to provide our own kitchen utensils/cutlery etc?

Haha no worries, and yes. No kitchen utensils are provided.
Reply 165
Haha no worries, and yes. No kitchen utensils are provided.

Thanks very much, you've made my moving in process a lot less stressful :biggrin:
Reply 166
I have another question. I was just curious as to whether anyone's parents ever help students move in? It's a common thing in the U.S., but I don't want to be that one awkward student haha
Original post by aagron
I have another question. I was just curious as to whether anyone's parents ever help students move in? It's a common thing in the U.S., but I don't want to be that one awkward student haha

I live in London so my dad will probably be helping me move some stuff in.

No big deal? :confused:
Reply 168
Original post by aagron

My parents are coming - they have to drive me here, and they will help unpack
Reply 169
Original post by aagron

Lol everyone's parents come.

Also, I'm sure you're wondering about parking.. there is a road next to Rosebery down which everyone parks. Can get pretty congested on move in day, but I've never had a problem parking there for 30 mins or so. Whatever you do, don't pull in to the bus stop (even for a few mins to offload) as there are cameras everywhere and they fine everyone.
Reply 170
I've just realised I could do with getting to know one or two people before arriving. Just wondering if anyone wants to PM me for my facebook/PM me your facebook.
Reply 171
Well, I'm glad to hear that since every other person I've spoken to attending LSE is arriving solo!
I was just wondering about bringing a small fridge in our rooms. Would that be okay/would there be space for it?
Reply 173
Original post by Michael XYZ
I was just wondering about bringing a small fridge in our rooms. Would that be okay/would there be space for it?

Yep, that's quite common :smile:
Reply 174
So do parents only tend to stay for a short time if there is only 30mins or so available to park the car and unload?
Reply 175
Original post by englica
So do parents only tend to stay for a short time if there is only 30mins or so available to park the car and unload?

I really wouldn't worry about the whole parents thing (and you can park for however long you want on a Sunday - the move in day every term is always a Sunday).

Some parents stay around 30-60 mins depending on how long it takes you to move all your suitcases in and get unpacked. Some parents spend time walking around Rosebery and checking that everything in the inventory is working. Some people move in alone. It really doesn't matter. Everyone is too busy moving themselves in to notice how long other people's parents are there for.
Reply 176
I really wouldn't worry about the whole parents thing (and you can park for however long you want on a Sunday - the move in day every term is always a Sunday).

Some parents stay around 30-60 mins depending on how long it takes you to move all your suitcases in and get unpacked. Some parents spend time walking around Rosebery and checking that everything in the inventory is working. Some people move in alone. It really doesn't matter. Everyone is too busy moving themselves in to notice how long other people's parents are there for.

So would you recommend telling our parents to leave if they decide to stay longer than the aforementioned 60 minutes?
Original post by TI-84
So would you recommend telling our parents to leave if they decide to stay longer than the aforementioned 60 minutes?

I'd give them an alarm clock so they damn well better know when they have to go.
Reply 178
Just got license agreement thing, got a room in price band A at £124 a week, is this the cheapest or most expensive? And how do people know what wings they're in already, I really don't want to be in Myddelton wing by the sounds of it!
^ Same here.

I think that's Rosebery Wing (apparent error?) but I believe not the cheapest. I think that's price band C when you had to pick (may be wrong).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending