AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3700
got a remark and it remained the same :frown:
Reply 3701
Should I get a remark done?
Original post by ezeffy
Should I get a remark done?

how many marks are you away from the grade you want?
Reply 3703
Original post by coffee345
how many marks are you away from the grade you want?

Thanks for replying back 2 me....

I got an E and was really shocked at it....
I got 61 UMS and I really wanted a B overall, I'm 33 UMS of a B
heres a breakdown of what I've gotten 4 Biology...

Unit 1: 76
Unit 2: 102
Unit 3: 44
Unit 4: 65
Unit 5: 61
Unit 6: 39

What do You reckon?????
Original post by ezeffy

What do You reckon?????

I don't think it's really realistic...if you were 10-15UMS max off then it should be okay :s-smilie:

But anyway, if you have the money: you can give it a try - you have to take into account that if your mark don't move up, the examiners would keep your £50 >__<'
Reply 3705
I don't think it's really realistic...if you were 10-15UMS max off then it should be okay :s-smilie:

But anyway, if you have the money: you can give it a try - you have to take into account that if your mark don't move up, the examiners would keep your £50 >__<'

Thanks

yh i thought it might be unrealistic....
its just that i've read ppl in a similar position as me getting an E for their last unit and getting it remarked to a C but i guess that was for economics
and also the fact that I got an A for Maths and a B for Chemistry even though i revised harder for Biology than Maths is still quite mind blowing.....
i was 9 marks of an A for chemistry any point for a remark??? LOL!!!!!
and yh true i'm scared about loosing the £50.. its just that i've called back my unit 5 Bio paper ages ago so that I could give it in 2 a teacher 2 look at 2 check but my paper aint come back and the deadline 4 remark is this Tuseday.....
So atm i'm a bit confused on what to..................
:frown::mad:
Original post by ezeffy
Thanks

yh i thought it might be unrealistic....
its just that i've read ppl in a similar position as me getting an E for their last unit and getting it remarked to a C but i guess that was for economics
and also the fact that I got an A for Maths and a B for Chemistry even though i revised harder for Biology than Maths is still quite mind blowing.....
i was 9 marks of an A for chemistry any point for a remark??? LOL!!!!!
and yh true i'm scared about loosing the £50.. its just that i've called back my unit 5 Bio paper ages ago so that I could give it in 2 a teacher 2 look at 2 check but my paper aint come back and the deadline 4 remark is this Tuseday.....
So atm i'm a bit confused on what to..................
:frown::mad:

if you think you have a chance then go for it!!
take into account that biol5 has a written question at the end (worth 25 marks)...and it is subjective - so maybe you can pick up marks there?
never lose hope - good luck in whatever you decide to do :smile:

what examboard are you on for chemistry? if its ocr then dont remark - ive heard that ocr remarks never go up >.<
(edited 12 years ago)
take into account that biol5 has a written question at the end (worth 25 marks)...and it is subjective - so maybe you can pick up marks there?

what examboard are you on for chemistry? if its ocr then dont remark - ive heard that ocr remarks never go up >.<

Yeahh I don't like OCR :/
Reply 3708

Really but then again i guess OCR is a ridiculous exam board!!!!! lol..
For Chemistry i'm with AQA.....
ever since results day i've lost hope since i never got into my firm choice but even though i got into my 2nd It would be nice to see the grades that i've worked hard for 2 years......
I just hope I'm making the right decsion about getting a remark cuz if it goes down to a D then i'm going to probs feel lyk crap for the rest of my life!!!! LOL!!!!
Thankyou so much for you help though it means alot.......
:smile:
Original post by ezeffy
Really but then again i guess OCR is a ridiculous exam board!!!!! lol..
For Chemistry i'm with AQA.....
ever since results day i've lost hope since i never got into my firm choice but even though i got into my 2nd It would be nice to see the grades that i've worked hard for 2 years......
I just hope I'm making the right decsion about getting a remark cuz if it goes down to a D then i'm going to probs feel lyk crap for the rest of my life!!!! LOL!!!!
Thankyou so much for you help though it means alot.......

Oh i see~
i know how you feel >.<
but looking at your unit grades - it seems as though you got nearly all B/C's so...if you got a D in unit 5 - then it's worth a shot of a remark.
No one knows it better than you: if you are suspicious and, think you should have got a higher grade, then go for it - submit in a remark :smile:

and if youre worried about the mark going down - most of the times, remarks stay the same; or go up by a few UMS - they hardly go down :smile:

what uni will you be going to?

and you're very welcome!! I was in the same position as you last week so it's okay :biggrin:
Reply 3710
Oh i see~
i know how you feel >.<
but looking at your unit grades - it seems as though you got nearly all B/C's so...if you got a D in unit 5 - then it's worth a shot of a remark.
No one knows it better than you: if you are suspicious and, think you should have got a higher grade, then go for it - submit in a remark :smile:

and if youre worried about the mark going down - most of the times, remarks stay the same; or go up by a few UMS - they hardly go down :smile:

what uni will you be going to?

and you're very welcome!! I was in the same position as you last week so it's okay :biggrin:

I wish Biology was lyk Maths... lol.....
well I have 2 more days and I think I might go 4 the remark I really hope I wont regret it...
After the Biol 5 exam I knew It wasn't going to be an A or a A*but i was hoping at least a low B bordering C!!!! or even a high D but defo not an E!!!!!
I dnt suppose You have a copy of the paper to upload onto here?

I'm going Hertfordshire University to study Biomedical Science.....
Queen Mary was my 1st choice but Biology ruined my chances.....
what uni and course are you doing???
similar boat as me? what did u get for Biology?
Original post by ezeffy
I wish Biology was lyk Maths... lol.....
well I have 2 more days and I think I might go 4 the remark I really hope I wont regret it...
After the Biol 5 exam I knew It wasn't going to be an A or a A*but i was hoping at least a low B bordering C!!!! or even a high D but defo not an E!!!!!
I dnt suppose You have a copy of the paper to upload onto here?

I'm going Hertfordshire University to study Biomedical Science.....
Queen Mary was my 1st choice but Biology ruined my chances.....
what uni and course are you doing???
similar boat as me? what did u get for Biology?

Well, if you do go for a remark - you might get a few more marks as the essay question is quite subjective - depends on who the examiner is :smile:
No...I'm sorry, I don;t >.< But if you want the paper, when you go for a remark - the exam officer person would have it...she asked me whether i wanted the paper - and i was like no thanks: didnt want to remember what the exam was like >.<''

Oh i see~ i was going to apply to Queen Mary to do biomed [you can transfer to med after you graduate, right?] but then i applied to pharmacy instead...hate biology LOL
I'm going to Bath to do pharmacy :smile:

I got an A for biology...after a remark [before i got a B] - but it only went up 2 marks...i think i only got it because of the essay question. I guess it just depends who marks it - because remeber, the mark scheme for scientific content dont allow you to give odd marks - just even ones? so maybe i got a few more marks there ^^

Anyway, good luck for your remark - should you decide to go for it (:
Reply 3712
Well, if you do go for a remark - you might get a few more marks as the essay question is quite subjective - depends on who the examiner is :smile:
No...I'm sorry, I don;t >.< But if you want the paper, when you go for a remark - the exam officer person would have it...she asked me whether i wanted the paper - and i was like no thanks: didnt want to remember what the exam was like >.<''

Oh i see~ i was going to apply to Queen Mary to do biomed [you can transfer to med after you graduate, right?] but then i applied to pharmacy instead...hate biology LOL
I'm going to Bath to do pharmacy :smile:

I got an A for biology...after a remark [before i got a B] - but it only went up 2 marks...i think i only got it because of the essay question. I guess it just depends who marks it - because remeber, the mark scheme for scientific content dont allow you to give odd marks - just even ones? so maybe i got a few more marks there ^^

Anyway, good luck for your remark - should you decide to go for it (:

We coulda been buddies at Queen Mary if U liked Biology and if I was as good as you at Biology...... This subject clearly ruins lives!!!! LOL!!!!

Yh I could transfer into Medicine depending if I get a gd 2:1 or 1st class which is not to likely 4 me cuz of the massive Biology content...
I've decided to do a remark for Biol5 and possibly Chem5 (Still thinking about it...)
Hopefully My grade changes i just really want what I worked hard for....... but then again everything happens for a reason so maybe I should just be happy with the grades I have Now..
Well DOne on your A In Biology the subject is so hard so u must have a little bit of interest in Biology? lol...
thankyou again hopefully in a months tym I wont be regretting my descion 2 go 4 a remark...
Original post by ezeffy
We coulda been buddies at Queen Mary if U liked Biology and if I was as good as you at Biology...... This subject clearly ruins lives!!!! LOL!!!!

Yh I could transfer into Medicine depending if I get a gd 2:1 or 1st class which is not to likely 4 me cuz of the massive Biology content...
I've decided to do a remark for Biol5 and possibly Chem5 (Still thinking about it...)
Hopefully My grade changes i just really want what I worked hard for....... but then again everything happens for a reason so maybe I should just be happy with the grades I have Now..
Well DOne on your A In Biology the subject is so hard so u must have a little bit of interest in Biology? lol...
thankyou again hopefully in a months tym I wont be regretting my descion 2 go 4 a remark...

we could have ^^
when do you start uni at hertfordshire?
and are you thinking to do medicine afterwards? I didn't apply for med this year because my AS levels weren't straight A's and i had no experience :frown:

aww, you never know - so long as you work hard then you could get a 2:1 :smile:
What did you get in chemistry? Does it have HSW questions like biology? i haven;'t done AQA chem before so yeah :P we were on ocr chem for salters..lol

nope...no interest in biology...i only got the A after like resits in every unit [well most :P]

good luck on your remark!! lets just *fingers crossed* that you will get a nice examiner this time ^^
and your remark in biology shouldnt take that long...i handed my remark in last monday...and got it back last friday...so i say - just expect like a week or something ^^
Reply 3714
we could have ^^
when do you start uni at hertfordshire?
and are you thinking to do medicine afterwards? I didn't apply for med this year because my AS levels weren't straight A's and i had no experience :frown:

aww, you never know - so long as you work hard then you could get a 2:1 :smile:
What did you get in chemistry? Does it have HSW questions like biology? i haven;'t done AQA chem before so yeah :P we were on ocr chem for salters..lol

nope...no interest in biology...i only got the A after like resits in every unit [well most :P]

good luck on your remark!! lets just *fingers crossed* that you will get a nice examiner this time ^^
and your remark in biology shouldnt take that long...i handed my remark in last monday...and got it back last friday...so i say - just expect like a week or something ^^

Start Uni on the 26th September so next week....
I'm not really excited 4 it cuz ya know.... lol.....
when do you start?????

Yh If I'm lucky enough to get good degree I was going to try out 4 Medicine...
Are Ya looking to do the same 2???
U would probs woulda got into Medicne now... I reckon Biology is seen harder than Chemistry nowadays cuz it is.... lol.....

I got 471 points 4 chem so I got a B i was 9 marks off an A and 7 marks of an A in chem 5.... i doubt chem 5 would go up which is why I never put that in 4 a remark cuz their aint really any how science works questions so marking i reckon would be spot on their....

Thanks 4 the good luck greeting..... I wish the examiner was nice enough to just add 33 marks and then I would get my B..... but i'm defo living in lala land if i pray 4 that!!!!! LOL!!!!!
Reply 3715
Original post by ezeffy

What do You reckon?????

i wouldnt. i got biol5 remarked last year and it went down by 6 marks.
Original post by addvic
i wouldnt. i got biol5 remarked last year and it went down by 6 marks.

6 marks or 6 UMS? @.@
i got mine remarked this year and went up by 3 marks; 7UMS :s-smilie:
Original post by ezeffy
Start Uni on the 26th September so next week....
I'm not really excited 4 it cuz ya know.... lol.....
when do you start?????

Yh If I'm lucky enough to get good degree I was going to try out 4 Medicine...
Are Ya looking to do the same 2???
U would probs woulda got into Medicne now... I reckon Biology is seen harder than Chemistry nowadays cuz it is.... lol.....

I got 471 points 4 chem so I got a B i was 9 marks off an A and 7 marks of an A in chem 5.... i doubt chem 5 would go up which is why I never put that in 4 a remark cuz their aint really any how science works questions so marking i reckon would be spot on their....

Thanks 4 the good luck greeting..... I wish the examiner was nice enough to just add 33 marks and then I would get my B..... but i'm defo living in lala land if i pray 4 that!!!!! LOL!!!!!

i start on the 2nd October...but freshers week starts this weekend xD

lol yeah i agree!! biology has no logic...we just get bombarded with HSW questions; and we're expected to know what the answer is when you cant work it out >.<

aww thats so close D:
but if you get a good degree 2:1 - then they dont mind what you get in chem - if you decide to do medicine ^^
and besides, a B in chem is good!! :biggrin:

Reply 3718
6 marks or 6 UMS? @.@
i got mine remarked this year and went up by 3 marks; 7UMS :s-smilie:

sorry i meant 6 ums.. so it was 3 raw marks i think.. was a bit annoyed it went down, but i dont mind really. i had to do another year at sixthform anyway to do a chem A level so i resat this paper and did better anyway :smile:
Original post by Benevolence
Hey! Did you have yours remarked then? What happened? I paid for mine the other day :biggrin:

No, I'm where I wanted to be so seems like a waste of money for me for what is just an inconsequential grade...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending