The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
B

Oh my days, Warwick is SO SICK! Best maths building I've been to by a mile! Was good seeing you today as well. :p: If you weren't with your dad we could have jammed! How did you find it? I ain't gonna go for MORSE, I was thinking about it, but I think I'm just going to opt for solid insurance choices now the AAB thing was confirmed lol. THE BUILDING IS SO NICE!

It was good, building was cool but the Parabola shaped maths faculty at Cambridge edges it :tongue: I think i will go for MMORSE and MMath, and i like the AAB bit, put me at ease :tongue: im not sure i could live there for 3 years though.. on campus seems fine, but off campus, leamington spa didnt really attract me, although fairly easy for me to get home if i ever needed! Course looks great though!
B

Oh my days, Warwick is SO SICK! Best maths building I've been to by a mile! Was good seeing you today as well. :p: If you weren't with your dad we could have jammed! How did you find it? I ain't gonna go for MORSE, I was thinking about it, but I think I'm just going to opt for solid insurance choices now the AAB thing was confirmed lol. THE BUILDING IS SO NICE!

It was good, building was cool but the Parabola shaped maths faculty at Cambridge edges it :tongue: I think i will go for MMORSE and MMath, and i like the AAB bit, put me at ease :tongue: im not sure i could live there for 3 years though.. on campus seems fine, but off campus, leamington spa didnt really attract me, although fairly easy for me to get home if i ever needed! Course looks great though!
Ok i'm in year 11 and i want to do a maths degree at Warwick I took the GCSE Maths exam early and got a A* and this year im doing additional maths but i'm only good at maths i mean i got C in english and Bs and Cs in every other subject, does this mean if i wanna go Warwick i'm gonna have to do some MAJOR resitting?
Original post by OHNOGEM
Ok i'm in year 11 and i want to do a maths degree at Warwick I took the GCSE Maths exam early and got a A* and this year im doing additional maths but i'm only good at maths i mean i got C in english and Bs and Cs in every other subject, does this mean if i wanna go Warwick i'm gonna have to do some MAJOR resitting?

Nah, they really don't care about GCSEs don't worry about it. But Cambridge is out of the question. And you might want to check what they want for the core subjects. :/
Original post by Jampolo

Yeah, you're right, who am I kidding. :p: Yeah I too will go for MMath, I think with the quality of Warwicks course, it would be a waste not to utilize the extra year. AAB was awesome news. ;D I thought the campus was amazing, but yeah, I agree the town was abit %^£$. I wouldn't stay in the town tbh, I'd rather do accommodation and then move back home to Birmingham. As soon as you leave the university ground Warwicks just full of old people and... nothingness. -__-
Original post by Jampolo
I think i will go for MMORSE and MMath, and i like the AAB bit, put me at ease :tongue:

since when did warwick ask for AAB? or did I misinterpret your post?
Yeah, you're right, who am I kidding. :p: Yeah I too will go for MMath, I think with the quality of Warwicks course, it would be a waste not to utilize the extra year. AAB was awesome news. ;D I thought the campus was amazing, but yeah, I agree the town was abit %^£$. I wouldn't stay in the town tbh, I'd rather do accommodation and then move back home to Birmingham. As soon as you leave the university ground Warwicks just full of old people and... nothingness. -__-

:colone:
Original post by House Dagoth

AAB is their prediction requirement for the standard A*A*A 2 offer.

ah atleast you can move home! I live in Essex :frown: still considering London uni's though..
Original post by House Dagoth

yeah Warwick just throw offers at people lol, rougly 1450 applicants, and about 1370 offers i think. over 1000 of them missed the offer, thats the sad part.
Reply 1590
GCSEs: 9A*s 1C
A2 Levels: A* Maths, A* Further Maths, A* Economics, U in General Studies.
University: University of Greenwich

As tutition prices are going up I have decided to go to my local uni(2mins away) to reduce my debt. Working this year so I can pay off all 3 year so when I come out of uni I am debt freeee. Plus the league table for maths show its better than most prestige unis :smile:
Original post by Cura

As tutition prices are going up I have decided to go to my local uni(2mins away) to reduce my debt. Working this year so I can pay off all 3 year so when I come out of uni I am debt freeee. Plus the league table for maths show its better than most prestige unis :smile:

Greenwich, local? You dont live far from me then :tongue:
Lol Greenich?!
Reply 1593
I live on the thames :smile: My tutors were all shocked when I told them I was going Greenwich, even my family friend who works in Cambridge was shocked that I rejected the offer.
Original post by Cura

why don't you apply for other london unis aswell? you still won't be in much debt
Reply 1595
Original post by like_a_star
why don't you apply for other london unis aswell? you still won't be in much debt

Zone 1 costs too much
Original post by Cura
Zone 1 costs too much

fair enough :smile:
Original post by Xero Xenith
Wow - I mean no disrespect but that's not very good! Just practise is all you can do I suppose... :s-smilie:

I completed my first STEP II question yesterday :colondollar: it was... difficult. Put it that way. Screw 45 minutes as an advised time, this took me more like 2 hours!

(STEP II 2007 Q3, integrating 1/(a²+x²)... basically deriving an FP2 result then using it in odd ways. Wasn't too bad until the very last part, which really confused me for over an hour. I tried a few things before I realised my first idea was the right one :tongue:)

What I find is it's best to just keep trying... if you get demotivated, don't immediately leap for the answer. Just come back to it the next day. It's so much more satisfying when you complete it that way :smile:

STEP seems hard now but for us peeps already cracking on with practise, it should be very doable in 9 months time! :biggrin:

I don't think I can say I'm "cracking on with practice", done two questions so far :redface: . One the bright side I managed them both! I'm trying to focus on the MAT for now and then worry about STEP after. Though the MAT is getting uncomfortably close now. :eek4:

On a brighter note, Warwick is nice.

Original post by Jampolo
yeah Warwick just throw offers at people lol, rougly 1450 applicants, and about 1370 offers i think. over 1000 of them missed the offer, thats the sad part.

Not quite: a lot of people don't firm the offer, so there are 470 Home/EU firmers and then 240/250 Home/EU freshers. Still pretty scary though.
Original post by anyone_can_fly

Not quite: a lot of people don't firm the offer, so there are 470 Home/EU firmers and then 240/250 Home/EU freshers. Still pretty scary though.

Oh yeah, forgot about that :colone: , good to know i have an offer from warwick, kinda, already :tongue:
Going to Warwick has actually made my decision harder:frown:

Latest