The Student Room Group

Where can I go to speak to someone and get careers advice? (Birmingham)

I rang my university and they don't have any appointments until next week, so I booked the appointment for then but I'd like to speak to someone asap rather than waiting around.

Is there anywhere in Birmingham that offers this service? I think Connexions are only available for people up to the age of 19 and I'm 21 :s-smilie:
The best thing to do would be to wait until your appointment with your uni's career service. Do you attend UoB?
Reply 2
Original post by whattheheck
The best thing to do would be to wait until your appointment with your uni's career service. Do you attend UoB?

No, I don't.
I only didn't want to wait because I'm thinking of applying for a part-time or full-time course to do with counselling, and I don't know if there will be any places left by then. I just need some advice as to whether it would be sensible to do it or not.
Original post by miss_p
No, I don't.
I only didn't want to wait because I'm thinking of applying for a part-time or full-time course to do with counselling, and I don't know if there will be any places left by then. I just need some advice as to whether it would be sensible to do it or not.

Oh ok. Why don't you try and use Google? You might find some answers there. There should be a relevant forum where you can post your question too.
Reply 4
Original post by whattheheck
Oh ok. Why don't you try and use Google? You might find some answers there. There should be a relevant forum where you can post your question too.

Yeah I am trying Google; I just thought I'd try on here, too, as I might get an answer more quickly. Cheers anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending