The Student Room Group

Dance and psychology

I'm looking for a place where I can study dance and psychology. With a high level of dance provision. I hope it's okay to post it here as there isn't a dance category, only performing arts which is different.

Thanks in advance.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by theoriginalbohos
I'm looking for a place where I can study dance and psychology. With a high level of dance provision. I hope it's okay to post it here as there isn't a dance category, only performing arts which is different.

Thanks in advance.

Try different search terms on the following website:

https://www.whatuni.com/degree-courses/search?subject=dance
Original post by normaw
Try different search terms on the following website:

https://www.whatuni.com/degree-courses/search?subject=dance

Thanks for your reply.

I've given it a try but it only brings up one place. I was hoping there would be more options. 🙂
Reply 3

Thanks in advance.

I'm curious about what you would be wanting to do with this degree? I only ask, as if you are wanting to go into a psychology career, you will need to make sure your degree is accredited by the BPS, which a lot of dual-honour courses are not.
Thank you for your reply and for the information too, that's really helpful as I wasn't aware of that.

I'm currently studying psychology and sociology at college. I have a keen interest in it. Originally I had just intended to attend a dance conservatoire but I sustained a head injury leading to post concussion syndrome. I've done a lot of work with dance psychologists and others and wanted to look at following this path in the future.
Reply 5
Thank you for your reply and for the information too, that's really helpful as I wasn't aware of that.

I'm currently studying psychology and sociology at college. I have a keen interest in it. Originally I had just intended to attend a dance conservatoire but I sustained a head injury leading to post concussion syndrome. I've done a lot of work with dance psychologists and others and wanted to look at following this path in the future.

Sorry to hear about your injury. It sounds like a really interesting field, though! I can't say I know anything about it, though I would assume BPS chartered membership would be a requirement, still. It might be worth trying to track someone in the field down or look more into training pathways to be sure. In theory, you could do a dance qualification, then do an MSc Psychology Conversion course afterwards, but I'm not sure if that's the way to go about it. Best of luck, though, it sounds fascinating!
Original post by Nerol
Sorry to hear about your injury. It sounds like a really interesting field, though! I can't say I know anything about it, though I would assume BPS chartered membership would be a requirement, still. It might be worth trying to track someone in the field down or look more into training pathways to be sure. In theory, you could do a dance qualification, then do an MSc Psychology Conversion course afterwards, but I'm not sure if that's the way to go about it. Best of luck, though, it sounds fascinating!

Thank you so much for your suggestions, I really appreciate it.

I am meeting with someone next week who works in Neuro Linguistic Practice who may be able to help with that.

Thanks again.
Thank you so much for your suggestions, I really appreciate it.

I am meeting with someone next week who works in Neuro Linguistic Practice who may be able to help with that.

Thanks again.

@theoriginalbohos
I agree with Nerol above, it sounds like you have had a really challenging time. I hope you are OK. I would take your time in making career decisions. She is correct in saying you could do a dance degree and then an MSc Psychology one - I did mine at Arden where there is a mixture of blended learning (London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham etc) and 100% online options, but it might be worth speaking to a careers advisor first

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Dear Marc,

Thank you so much for your reply.

It is really challenging so what is most important that I find a really supportive place to study that offer support.

Blended learning is something I do at college so that would be really good.

Ideally I want to keep my options as open as possible. Dance and psychology are my two main interests. Finding a way to combine the two would be ideal.

Quick Reply

Latest