The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Abi_18
Did you just randomly email them before applying and request this info? Or had you already applied?

I haven't applied yet, I emailed them last week and it seems everyone gets the same email back, except for the individual score. Check out my previous post on the replied email from admission.
Reply 161
Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude
I got a response. They said I would score 13.5 for academics.
Is that good? Does anyone know what they usually want for interview?

They will score your reference and PS out of 15 and add up with your academic score. If your score is equal or above the cutoff (last year was 25/30), you're invited for interview.
Reply 162
I just emailed as well and got a 15/15

Note, I am an international applicant, so you A levelers don't need to worry :smile:
Reply 163
Original post by kim93
They will score your reference and PS out of 15 and add up with your academic score. If your score is equal or above the cutoff (last year was 25/30), you're invited for interview.

last year's cut off was 24.5. I believe this year's is 25, but it's not confirmed
Sent an email asking about my academic score too - how long did it take them to reply :smile:?
Original post by brighteyes1994
Sent an email asking about my academic score too - how long did it take them to reply :smile:?

I emailed them about other application stuff, and it took about four days. For my academic score, I just phoned them up, and they told me in about 10 seconds :tongue:
Original post by Kidneyjean
I emailed them about other application stuff, and it took about four days. For my academic score, I just phoned them up, and they told me in about 10 seconds :tongue:

Aha I may just do that y'know :P
Reply 167
to the people who got 13.5, do you mind me asking what your grades were?? :P
Original post by vfest
to the people who got 13.5, do you mind me asking what your grades were?? :P

I called them up today and they told me I got 13.5, they only rank academics by GCSEs.

I got 4A*s 6As.

What about you?
Reply 169
Original post by This Honest
I called them up today and they told me I got 13.5, they only rank academics by GCSEs.

I got 4A*s 6As.

What about you?

i got 5A*s and 5As

Do they use GCSEs rankings for people who have achieved their A level grades as well? Thanks.
Reply 171
Anyone get a confirmation?
Original post by Crowned Temmy
Do they use GCSEs rankings for people who have achieved their A level grades as well? Thanks.

No- if you've got AAA at A-level, then they'll give you 15/15 for academics straight away :smile:

(If you haven't completed A2, they go by either GCSE or AS- whichever one scores better)
Original post by This Honest

I got 4A*s 6As.

What about you?

They told me that they rank by either GCSE or AS, whichever gets you the most points in their scoring system.
Reply 174
They told me that they rank by either GCSE or AS, whichever gets you the most points in their scoring system.

ohh thts soo good :P

Yup I like that system lol
Reply 176
Rand
Medicine(A100)
Dutch qualifications with IB English A2 HL, Bio, Chem, Physics, Maths, Dutch, French, Latin and Greek
EU-student
First Time Applicant

My UKCAT was 637.5 I sucked at VR, got 550 in that but got 710 in QR, 680 in AR and 610 in DA so was pretty happy
(edited 12 years ago)
No- if you've got AAA at A-level, then they'll give you 15/15 for academics straight away :smile:

(If you haven't completed A2, they go by either GCSE or AS- whichever one scores better)

Oh thanks. That's a big relief. I will definitely apply there.

No actually, I have AAA at A Level, yet they scored me 13.5/15
Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude
No actually, I have AAA at A Level, yet they scored me 13.5/15

Oh :s-smilie: I got that information (AAA at A2 = 15/15 on academics) from the Open Day; I asked one of the admissions tutors- did you meet all their GCSE minimum requirements and stuff? I guess that could've brought it down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending