The Student Room Group

How do I apply to Uni? HELP ASAP! :( :( :(

This is probably a dumb as question; how do I apply to Uni? I need to write down my 5 ( Or is it 6?) Uni's? But where do I apply? On a form? UCAS? I don't know :s-smilie:
I'm actually quite worried, deadline is soon right? :eek:
I'm pooing my pants!!!!!!!!!

Btw, I wanting to study Sport Science at Uni :smile:
Also, can anyone reccomend me any good Sport Science Uni's? I'm from West Midlands.

Thanks.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Most students write a quick letter on a post-it note and attach it to a pigeon.
Reply 2
Original post by Aack

What the hell? Are you sure? Please anyone help me out :frown:
Thanks anyways.
Reply 3
UCAS. Seriously, how do you not already know this?
Reply 4
www.ucas.com

Are you in school? Surely if you were your sixth form staff should have been over this with you?
Reply 5
Get a Personal Statement done asap
Reply 6
Original post by IB_19
www.ucas.com

Are you in school? Surely if you were your sixth form staff should have been over this with you?

Yes I'm a Sixth former. Yes, staff did informed me about UCA. My teaxher just said sign up and fill in info. However I don't see where it says fill in your 5 Uni's choices. I am confused. I need help. Please anyone?

Also, I have completed my Personal statement, so step 1 is done :smile:
Chester is good for Sports Science. 4 to go...
The choices occur later in the application, just sign up at www.ucas.com and it will guide you through it.
Reply 9
Are you saying you haven't got your acceptance letter to Hogwarts yet?! :eek2:
read everything in the sidebar when you log into ucas and all will become clear.
or get a teacher to help you if you are that incapable
Reply 11
Original post by Mr. Approachable
Chester is good for Sports Science. 4 to go...

Thanks; is it too late or too soon to apply yet? I'm scared :frown:
Original post by SportScience
Thanks; is it too late or too soon to apply yet? I'm scared :frown:

No, applications have started being submitted since september. You have until Jan 2012 to apply. Take your time and do your research, I submitted mine in November and got 5 offers. Don't rush.
Reply 13
For undergraduate degrees in the UK, you use the centralised UCAS system.

For postgraduate study, you have to apply to each course/university directly. Each institution will have their own mechanisms to do this.

Original post by Aack

Back in my day, pigeons hadn't been invented. We had to send a marathon runner who dropped dead after delivering the message :colonhash:
Reply 15
Original post by ch0llima
For undergraduate degrees in the UK, you use the centralised UCAS system.

For postgraduate study, you have to apply to each course/university directly. Each institution will have their own mechanisms to do this.

Back in my day, pigeons hadn't been invented. We had to send a marathon runner who dropped dead after delivering the message :colonhash:

Another dumb question. What is ''Undergraduate degrees'' and ''Postgraduate study''? You said ''For undergraduate degrees in the UK, you use the centralised UCAS system.

For postgraduate study, you have to apply to each course/university directly. Each institution will have their own mechanisms to do this.''

Anyway, ****ing LOL @ ''Back in my day, pigeons hadn't been invented. We had to send a marathon runner who dropped dead after delivering the message'' lmfao!:eek: Sorry have to do it lol. Anyway, I'm taking this seriously. My mom is worried **** for some reason :frown:
What is ''Undergraduate degrees'' and ''Postgraduate study''?

Are you sure you should be applying to university.........
Reply 17
Another dumb question. What is ''Undergraduate degrees'' and ''Postgraduate study''? You said ''For undergraduate degrees in the UK, you use the centralised UCAS system.

For postgraduate study, you have to apply to each course/university directly. Each institution will have their own mechanisms to do this.''

Anyway, ****ing LOL @ ''Back in my day, pigeons hadn't been invented. We had to send a marathon runner who dropped dead after delivering the message'' lmfao!:eek: Sorry have to do it lol. Anyway, I'm taking this seriously. My mom is worried **** for some reason :frown:

Ask your teachers, its their job.
Reply 18
Original post by Maker
Ask your teachers, its their job.

My Sports teacher is DUMB as ****! I'm serious. I asked him ''Hey, can you have a look at my PS?'' He said '' What is a PS''? ... ''I never done a PS before'' Then I asked him ''Did you go Uni?'' He said ''Yes'' then I thought to myself, are you ****ing serious? My teacher is 31 years old. What the hell? Obviously I could ask my head of sixth form; I rather ask TSR peepz :smile:

Hope you understand guys. :wink:
My Sports teacher is DUMB as ****! I'm serious. I asked him ''Hey, can you have a look at my PS?'' He said '' What is a PS''? ... ''I never done a PS before'' Then I asked him ''Did you go Uni?'' He said ''Yes'' then I thought to myself, are you ****ing serious? My teacher is 31 years old. What the hell? Obviously I could ask my head of sixth form; I rather ask TSR peepz :smile:

Hope you understand guys. :wink:

We understand, you are a very special person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending