The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reminisce
Just scrutinized my emails from universities more closely and realised that UCL wanted UMS :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thought it was just Cambridge! Anyhow, I've sent off the email with the relevant information... Any other UCL applicants getting this?

I think my tutor sent them off, but I got needlessly worried and sent them off again in a separate email. Got a nice email back from admissions tutor:

"Thank you Mark.

Safely received. No harm in sending them twice.

Please feel free to email me with any questions about your application.

Robert Bowles
Admissions Tutor
Mathematics, UCL"

So :smile: I guess!
Original post by officeface
I think my tutor sent them off, but I got needlessly worried and sent them off again in a separate email. Got a nice email back from admissions tutor:

"Thank you Mark.

Robert Bowles
Admissions Tutor
Mathematics, UCL"

I got the same email, though without the "No harm in sending them twice" bit :smile:
Original post by Reminisce
Just scrutinized my emails from universities more closely and realised that UCL wanted UMS :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thought it was just Cambridge! Anyhow, I've sent off the email with the relevant information... Any other UCL applicants getting this?

Yep, I got this yesterday.
Original post by Xero Xenith
Just got my first Maths offer :smile:

Bath gave me A*AB + either 2 in any STEP or Merit in AEA. Feels good that they're coming in :biggrin:

Anyone else had any luck?

There are no words for how jealous I am:angry:

Bath gave me A*AB + either 2 in any STEP or Merit in AEA. Feels good that they're coming in :biggrin:

Wow, congratulations! :biggrin:

:woo:
Reply 1926

Got an A*AA offer from Bath last Friday - and a few more at my school have got offers from Bath.

Did you put down on UCAS you were sitting STEP/AEA?
Original post by Thrug

Original post by Thrug
Got an A*AA offer from Bath last Friday - and a few more at my school have got offers from Bath.

When did you submit your application then?
Reply 1928
Original post by Edwin Okli
When did you submit your application then?

~27th.
Can someone please post me the answer to question 4a step 2005 for cos3A I'm at the library :smile:

Congrats! Can I ask though, on UCAS, in the qualifications bit, did you include STEP/AEA?
Reply 1931
Original post by snow leopard
Congrats! Can I ask though, on UCAS, in the qualifications bit, did you include STEP/AEA?

I did, but I really don't think it's necessary - I just happened to notice it so I added it. Plus, it's something that you can't exactly predict grades for.
Reply 1932
STEP III hurts my head.
Reply 1933
Original post by officeface

"Thank you Mark.

Robert Bowles
Admissions Tutor
Mathematics, UCL"

How long did UCL take to respond to your email? I sent mine yesterday evening. No replies yet (although it has not been long...).

:top2:

Well done!
Is Further Pure 1 (FP1) available through edexcel to be done in january or just june?
Original post by BeccaCath94
Is Further Pure 1 (FP1) available through edexcel to be done in january or just june?

You can do it in January.

I am :smile:
Original post by goldfish134
You can do it in January.

I am :smile:

Oh great thanks :smile: When is it do you know?
Original post by BeccaCath94
Oh great thanks :smile: When is it do you know?

Monday 30th January
Morning I think :smile:
Original post by Thrug

Congrats! :biggrin:
Original post by snow leopard

Yes - I was a bit confused because on the open day, they said if you put down only STEP then they give you only a STEP offer, or only AEA leads to an only-AEA offer. I just put down STEP with my A-levels, dated June 2012, no other information, and nothing at all about AEA. But they still gave me an AEA option? Oh well, not complaining :smile:

Original post by Edwin Okli
Ahh, you lucky guy. I want an offer from Bath already. *waits impatiently*

Original post by ben-smith
There are no words for how jealous I am:angry:

Original post by Beth1234
Congratulations! I'm surprised they've started giving out offers already... perhaps you were just too good! :tongue:

Meh. No such luck yet :frown: But hopefully a longer wait will be worth it!

You guys will be fine! I'm really quite surprised Bath have started making offers so early - I'm the second in my school to get an offer, the day after a girl I know :smile: Don't panic, and just remember where your towel is...

Original post by cpdavis
:woo:

Thank you so much for the help with the PS! I really, really owe you one :biggrin:

Latest