The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Essex Uni Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bathwiggle
I just put elena's email down as my tutor and the uni address.

That all I have been doing, but some masters and even UCAS need a academic reference upfront
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by WhatTheFunk
That all I have been doing, but some masters and even UCAS need a academic reference upfront

write to your tutor or the uni and ask what they suggest?
write to your tutor or the uni and ask what they suggest?

I guess so, they must be able to do it, even after a few months :p:
I guess so, they must be able to do it, even after a few months :p:

18months on and they are still providing me with a reference... :tongue:
18months on and they are still providing me with a reference... :tongue:

Good you :p:

Do you just email and ask
They must understand getting a job is hard and well other unis still want a reference from your old uni, one uni was like up to 5 years
Good you :p:

Do you just email and ask
They must understand getting a job is hard and well other unis still want a reference from your old uni, one uni was like up to 5 years

pretty much. And given most jobs want references from the last 3-5 years, they must keep notes on file and expect them until you get a couple of years behind you
pretty much. And given most jobs want references from the last 3-5 years, they must keep notes on file and expect them until you get a couple of years behind you

I remember my dissertation supervisor going though files to show me something on his computer, he had stuff on people back to 2007

One job I applied for wanted a list back of the past 10 years, for a grad job, but I have been at school, I think thats to see what backgrounds people are coming from
I remember my dissertation supervisor going though files to show me something on his computer, he had stuff on people back to 2007

One job I applied for wanted a list back of the past 10 years, for a grad job, but I have been at school, I think thats to see what backgrounds people are coming from

It's probably so they can work out which people have gone through life like me with daddy paying for me rather than working. Although i haven't been putting down temp job that i did over summer as i cant be bothered to remember them all.
It's probably so they can work out which people have gone through life like me with daddy paying for me rather than working. Although i haven't been putting down temp job that i did over summer as i cant be bothered to remember them all.

:rofl: maybe, that could be, the public sector do like to show they are for the underdogs

I don't think I could have gone to a worst school, I wished they did things differently and pushed people move, but what are you going to do
:rofl: maybe, that could be, the public sector do like to show they are for the underdogs

I don't think I could have gone to a worst school, I wished they did things differently and pushed people move, but what are you going to do

I went to the worst school in the area, but that got me into uni; i flunked final year, and still got by on daddy but seem to win people over by being very personable, and they seem to like the fact that i don't stop smiling. it can't be based on my grades...

you'll get there... failing that give up and live on £54 a week :tongue: but it'll be a boring life :biggrin:
I went to the worst school in the area, but that got me into uni; i flunked final year, and still got by on daddy but seem to win people over by being very personable, and they seem to like the fact that i don't stop smiling. it can't be based on my grades...

you'll get there... failing that give up and live on £54 a week :tongue: but it'll be a boring life :biggrin:

I dunno how people live on £54 a week, I tried at uni and normally failed once you take food, and going out that easy £60 a week
Pus I have plans :p:

it's fun going to the worst school in a area, I flunked 2nd year and that cost me :emo:

I lived with private school people in halls at uni and people who went to same type of school as me, we got on well, but you could tell a difference in the first few weeks, more street smart and that

I think if you can talk to people and show you are no a fool or a person that will be hated than you should be ok
I dunno how people live on £54 a week, I tried at uni and normally failed once you take food, and going out that easy £60 a week
Pus I have plans :p:

it's fun going to the worst school in a area, I flunked 2nd year and that cost me :emo:

I lived with private school people in halls at uni and people who went to same type of school as me, we got on well, but you could tell a difference in the first few weeks, more street smart and that

I think if you can talk to people and show you are no a fool or a person that will be hated than you should be ok

It can't be done. Or not ith my life style... :sad:

i had fun, it made me want to succeed, and also got me happy to push myself.

private school are easier than everyone else, they are so protected, and i can normally out posh them with the help from my grand parents so it's fine :biggrin:
It can't be done. Or not ith my life style... :sad:

i had fun, it made me want to succeed, and also got me happy to push myself.

private school are easier than everyone else, they are so protected, and i can normally out posh them with the help from my grand parents so it's fine :biggrin:

Out posh them :p:

I dunno how people do it and have kids as well

I want to succeed, it will just take time, my cousin didn't even go to uni ended up working in the city for a major accountant firm being an accountant, they sent him all over the world earning big
Out posh them :p:

I dunno how people do it and have kids as well

I want to succeed, it will just take time, my cousin didn't even go to uni ended up working in the city for a major accountant firm being an accountant, they sent him all over the world earning big

grandparents had 6 children and moved onto st georges hill so they had space. god knows how hard they worked to afford it, but its a good example to the grandchildren.

You'll get there, you actually want to which is more than me
grandparents had 6 children and moved onto st georges hill so they had space. god knows how hard they worked to afford it, but its a good example to the grandchildren.

You'll get there, you actually want to which is more than me

Oh wow that pretty cool, that is a very good example to set

Here hoping I can do the same
Oh wow that pretty cool, that is a very good example to set

Here hoping I can do the same

now did you google the place or did you know where i meant? It's a really good example to set.

Positive thinking! and i saw the new students at the hospital today, bless them htey have no idea what they are in for :tongue:
now did you google the place or did you know where i meant? It's a really good example to set.

Positive thinking! and i saw the new students at the hospital today, bless them htey have no idea what they are in for :tongue:

google

In a 2007 survey, most roads in the estate showed an average house sale price of over £3,000,000 in the previous 12 months.

:O

A new student working in the lab, they will have a fun year
google

:O

A new student working in the lab, they will have a fun year

yup, each house in an acre of land. it's a lovely place
yup, each house in an acre of land. it's a lovely place

Oh wow
It is full old money and rich bankers
Oh wow
It is full old money and rich bankers

and famous people. if you go on right move or something like that there is proof money doesn't buy taste!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending