The Student Room Group

A-Levels you regretted taking.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
COMPUTER SCIENCE.
Was the bane of my life.
I wish I did AS and A2 Law in one year rather than EPQ. 5000 words to conclude basically a yes or no answer, urgh.
Reply 662
Rofl I remember reading this thread back when I was picking my options, a lot of truth here *Cough* Maths and Psychology RUN *Cough*
Reply 663
Well, I took Chemistry last year and, in hindsight, I would have much rather taken R.E A level - looked quite interesting to me! Chemistry isn't however. Not one bit.
History - I can't seem to write the correct way to get anything higher than C :s-smilie: however I do enjoy the subject itself so I can't really complain that much.

Chemistry - I can't get my head around the calculations involved at all :frown: revised so hard and still got a U in the second exam. I might as well have have just written my name on the paper and sat there for the whole exam time doing nothing. :mad:
Reply 665
I did philosophy, politics, English language and re. I did RE over year 11 and year 12, half an hour a week, got a C. Not too shabby.
I slaved over philosophy because I loved it. Got a C. I actually manahed to get one of every single grade on it:
an A and a D at AS,
so I resat the D and got a U,
so resat again and got an E.
Got a B and a C on the A2 papers.

If I had my time again I'd do Philosophy, Politics, RE, 16th Century History and Sociology. Never ever do English! Horrific!
Reply 666
Physics, but I want to read medicine and I've made an offer of 4 A*'s so I'm just going to work extra hard at that subject :smile:
Nothing I jus wish I worked harder
Reply 668
Geography! Dropped it at the end of AS - found it so dull! I actually still enjoy discussing the topics in it though (like global warming, overpopulation, etc.) but I hated writing set essays about it where you just needed memorised points..
Original post by Carinaea
Geography! Dropped it at the end of AS - found it so dull! I actually still enjoy discussing the topics in it though (like global warming, overpopulation, etc.) but I hated writing set essays about it where you just needed memorised points..

Wow...which exam board was this?
We're doing it with AQA and I love it. I find all the topics fascinating and I never just memorised points at AS...I just learned some case studies, statistics and definitions and then planned and wrote my answers as I went along. Got an A.
I also have a brilliant teacher though so that helps too :biggrin:
Media Studies - it just seemed like such a joke of an A level to me.
Reply 671
MATHS!!!!

Easy GCSE, but one of the most difficult A levels!
ICT is taking over my life! I never get time to study for my other subjects because I'm always getting tasks to do and deadlines! Wish I never picked ICT and picked something like Psychology
(edited 12 years ago)
English Language by far!

Most uninteresting subject in the world combined with ridiculous coursework. The stuff you learn at AS is a joke.
Reply 674
Geography. WTF was i thinking?
Reply 675
Original post by Executioner

Original post by Executioner
ICT is taking over my life! I never get time to study for my other subjects because I'm always getting tasks to do and deadlines! Wish I never picked ICT and picked something like Psychology

What board are you doing. I did AS ICT last year (in year 11) and it we didn't need to do any coursework or tasks for it :s-smilie:
Reply 676
AS Italian, ab initio.

Worst ten months of my life. :c
I'm regretting Maths at the moment... I've a horrible feeling that I'll fail it miserably. :s-smilie:
Biology and Physics AS - Oy Vey...At GCSE I was decent at the sciences, but the A Level syllabi bitch-slapped me.
In hindsight I should have taken Economics instead. Oh well :/
Economics -.-

Told my College that i would fail the subject if they didn't let me drop it - they said it was 'too late' to drop it even though this just wasn't the case. Come summer, guess what - a nice big U greeted me and I strolled past the college head with a somewhat displeased, yet smug look on my face.

Quick Reply

Latest