The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So everyone with the invitation to UCL open day, what did you apply for exactly? ie course code.
Reply 2401
Original post by officeface
It's still blank - the letter specifically says that offers are dependent on going on this visit to UCL, so if I don't go, I lose the offer. I guess they will update it after I go there?

You could be right. It is just a formality though but feels good to see a line item in UCAS with a decision earlier though. That is the only difference between the unofficial and official update, I guess.

Also, may be the conditions won't be known until Nov 23rd then!
Original post by maths134
So everyone with the invitation to UCL open day, what did you apply for exactly? ie course code.

Msci G107
Msci G107

Thanks =D. And congrats btw :smile:. Anyone have a G100 offer/invitation to open day?
Original post by jameswhughes
Last year Bristol replied in January and Durham replied in February, you could be waiting a while :lol:

Oh.

On a different note, can I ask what you got at A Level, coz I saw on ur page u were rejected by Durham, and I was thinking that Durham is below Warwick and was expecting them to be relatively lenient etc,,, so basically was surprised at seeing Durham rejection... Just Curious....
Thanks =D. And congrats btw :smile:. Anyone have a G100 offer/invitation to open day?

yep, I do
i think i know whats up. in the 'recommendation for offer' letter of mine, UCL states that its impossible for me to visit UCL on the Open Day because i live in Asia. so they give me an official letter. bam, A*A for further maths and maths in any order. A for physics or economics and a pass in the other.
Original post by actuarialmaestro:p

[QUOTE=actuarialmaestro[excludedFace]tongue[/excludedFace];34669195]Oh.

On a different note, can I ask what you got at A Level, coz I saw on ur page u were rejected by Durham, and I was thinking that Durham is below Warwick and was expecting them to be relatively lenient etc,,, so basically was surprised at seeing Durham rejection... Just Curious....

I got A*AAb overall, and I had Aab at the end of Year 12.

MSci Maths with Economics (G1LC)
Original post by Reminisce
UCL offer :smile:

Dunno how I missed this but: yay for you!:biggrin:
Original post by lmq0209

Original post by Reminisce

Original post by hassi94

Guess i'll be seeing all of you on the 23rd then :smile:
Reply 2411
Original post by quest_5692
i think i know whats up. in the 'recommendation for offer' letter of mine, UCL states that its impossible for me to visit UCL on the Open Day because i live in Asia. so they give me an official letter. bam, A*A for further maths and maths in any order. A for physics or economics and a pass in the other.

Did you have to fill a fee status questionnaire form prior to the UCL offer? (Cambridge asks for it)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mpc1
Did you have to fill a fee status questionnaire form prior to the UCL offer? (Cambridge asks for it)

during my cambridge interview, they asked for my parent's financial status. thats all. nothing from UCL etc, just tell them parents funding..
Reply 2413
Original post by quest_5692
offered A*AA for G100 in UCL.

received acknowledgement from kings, lse, ucl, cambridge.

nothing from Imperial yet, make me feel like they didnt even receive my application. wth.

Did Imperial send out the acknowledgement yet?

Is UCL your first offer? Saw a couple of offers from Kings in TSR.

Goodluck with your others!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ben-smith
Dunno how I missed this but: yay for you!:biggrin:

Original post by mpc1
Did Imperial send out the acknowledgement yet?

Is UCL your first offer? Saw a couple of offers from Kings in TSR.

Goodluck with your others!!

ICL, no.

UCL, yes.

Kings, OMFG i wantttttttttttttttttt :frown:((( they said they need 60 days to process, i think im about at 40 days already....those offers are for maths? or other subjeects.

my preference right now is camb>ICL>LSE>Kings>UCL...
Original post by actuarialmaestro:p
Oh.

Different universities make their decisions differently.

Warwick give out really hard offers to everybody predicted AAB or better and then let the candidates "self-select" using STEP.

Durham look at UMS and give out a much smaller number of offers.

Last year Bristol didn't give any offers until after the Jan 15th deadline and then were choosy about who they gave offers to - an A* in Maths by the end of year 12 wasn't enough if your unrelated AS grades weren't good!

Bath have two standard offers. You might be given one of them, the other one of them or both, with no obvious logic as to who got what.
ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:woo: :party: :bhangra:
Original post by Rahul.S

Yeahhhhh!!!!
Original post by Rahul.S

ಠ_ಠ

Latest