The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Nadine10
its working again tho now. and still nothing from warwick, i heard from bristol tho

Oh thanks for telling me :smile: Still no news tho :frown:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
hi guys i applied around 1st October.
Got my offer yesterday
Reply 382
Original post by jonny_uganda
Got my offer yesterday

Wow! Congrats! :biggrin: I sent mine 12th October. :L
Reply 383
Original post by BlackPoison94
Ooh where is your other offer from?

Congrats :smile:

UCL, well not an offer they want me to come to an open day and they said that going to it was part of my offer
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by languagegeek

Oh ok, I was also tempted to go for a new language but decided to stay with what I am already studying, I can always learn other languages later on :smile:

Ah you see French is the only language A-Level I do :smile: I also LOVE Italy as a country and its history is fascinating. Where else have you applied besides Warwick?
Original post by greengables
Ah you see French is the only language A-Level I do :smile: I also LOVE Italy as a country and its history is fascinating. Where else have you applied besides Warwick?

I applied to Oxford (always worth a try however small the chances are :tongue: ), Bristol, Bath, Durham and of course Warwick.
Which uni's have you considered/applied to?

I applied to Oxford (always worth a try however small the chances are :tongue: ), Bristol, Bath, Durham and of course Warwick.
Which uni's have you considered/applied to?

Ooh lovely, I went for Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, Edinburgh and Leeds in the end. I also considered Bristol and UCL, and I've looked round Sheffield and KCL, but that was before I'd decided on Italian. I wish King's London did Italian, because their French department seemed so so good! But the way my choices work, I have Cambridge (ultimate dream), Durham Warwick and Edinburgh (offer from any of these and life is sorted) and then Leeds (my insurance, which I also really love!). I'd happily go to any, it's just whether they'd happily have me!
Ooh lovely, I went for Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, Edinburgh and Leeds in the end. I also considered Bristol and UCL, and I've looked round Sheffield and KCL, but that was before I'd decided on Italian. I wish King's London did Italian, because their French department seemed so so good! But the way my choices work, I have Cambridge (ultimate dream), Durham Warwick and Edinburgh (offer from any of these and life is sorted) and then Leeds (my insurance, which I also really love!). I'd happily go to any, it's just whether they'd happily have me!

Oooh we have some similar choices! I was also considering Leeds, but went for Bristol because it is closer to home :smile: I did not want to go for UCL because they wouldn't let me do two european languages which is what I wanted. Edinburgh was definitely way too far for me, as well as St Andrews which seemed really nice. Oh well, I am still really happy with my options. Oxford is obviously my ultimate dream, but otherwise I love the other options as well, so I am hoping I at least get some offers!

Do you have to do an application exam for Cambridge? I have one for both French and German on the 2nd of November (3 days away!!!) and I am extremely worried. I go to a comprehensive state school and so we have not been taught much in terms of grammar or translations, so I have been trying to learn at home but there is so much to cover. I did an example paper as well for both French and German and it is definitely difficult, even my teachers were struggling!
Reply 388
Original post by spectator1993
Hey, I've applied to study History and Politics at Oxford, Warwick, Edinburgh, Manchester and Nottingham. Anybody else similar?

Exactly the same except I went for Leeds instead of Edinburgh. Got offers from Nottingham and Manchester.
Original post by kjb2112
Exactly the same except I went for Leeds instead of Edinburgh. Got offers from Nottingham and Manchester.

Cool. When did you hear from Nottingham? Got an offer from Manchester too but haven't heard from any of the others.

Oooh we have some similar choices! I was also considering Leeds, but went for Bristol because it is closer to home :smile: I did not want to go for UCL because they wouldn't let me do two european languages which is what I wanted. Edinburgh was definitely way too far for me, as well as St Andrews which seemed really nice. Oh well, I am still really happy with my options. Oxford is obviously my ultimate dream, but otherwise I love the other options as well, so I am hoping I at least get some offers!

Do you have to do an application exam for Cambridge? I have one for both French and German on the 2nd of November (3 days away!!!) and I am extremely worried. I go to a comprehensive state school and so we have not been taught much in terms of grammar or translations, so I have been trying to learn at home but there is so much to cover. I did an example paper as well for both French and German and it is definitely difficult, even my teachers were struggling!

I have a 1 hour test on the day of the interview, but it's completely different to the Oxford language test as far as I know - at Cambridge you are given an article or extract in English and have to answer a question on it in your chosen language, and than another more general question. I'm also trying to cram in loads of grammar and things - my French teacher at school is absolutely hopeless, to the extent that we have never even spoken in French in class! I'm looking forwards to interviewing and such though, great opportunity if nothing else. :smile: And I'm so glad I didn't apply to Oxford as all their tests are on my birthday! Best of luck for Wednesday :smile:
I have a 1 hour test on the day of the interview, but it's completely different to the Oxford language test as far as I know - at Cambridge you are given an article or extract in English and have to answer a question on it in your chosen language, and than another more general question. I'm also trying to cram in loads of grammar and things - my French teacher at school is absolutely hopeless, to the extent that we have never even spoken in French in class! I'm looking forwards to interviewing and such though, great opportunity if nothing else. :smile: And I'm so glad I didn't apply to Oxford as all their tests are on my birthday! Best of luck for Wednesday :smile:

I think I might actually prefer the sound of the Cambridge test :/ although having all that in one day would be tiring. Oh happy birthday for wednesday :smile: It is the same with both my French and German teacher, which is frustrating. Do you attend an independent school or state school?

I think I might actually prefer the sound of the Cambridge test :/ although having all that in one day would be tiring. Oh happy birthday for wednesday :smile: It is the same with both my French and German teacher, which is frustrating. Do you attend an independent school or state school?

I go to a state school too. Annoyingly, all my teachers are great this year apart from my French teacher... argh! But never mind, I love French so much that I do lots extra anyway. Or did last year... don't know what's happened this year! Off to write a French essay I go...
I go to a state school too. Annoyingly, all my teachers are great this year apart from my French teacher... argh! But never mind, I love French so much that I do lots extra anyway. Or did last year... don't know what's happened this year! Off to write a French essay I go...

I have two different French teachers and three German teachers, but they don't seem to talk to eachother or know what they have each taught me so their lessons are all muddled and unplanned :/ I am also the only student doing french so its really lonely! Have fun with your essay! I'm still working on grammar :biggrin:
Reply 394
Original post by spectator1993
Cool. When did you hear from Nottingham? Got an offer from Manchester too but haven't heard from any of the others.
Ermmmmm I can't remember, probably Wednesday as I've been in America and was only able to check my emails a few times. It was definitely Tuesday/Wednesday. Found out I had an offer from Manchester on Times Square which was pretty cool haha. Confident for the HAT? I know I'm not haha. Just want to hear from Warwick+Leeds!!

I have two different French teachers and three German teachers, but they don't seem to talk to eachother or know what they have each taught me so their lessons are all muddled and unplanned :/ I am also the only student doing french so its really lonely! Have fun with your essay! I'm still working on grammar :biggrin:

Thank you, I will try! I'm one of two in my French class so I know how you feel! :smile:
Original post by jonny_uganda
Got my offer yesterday

Well done! :smile: Sorry, do you mind me asking what you applied for? And this offer was from warwick?
Thank you, I will try! I'm one of two in my French class so I know how you feel! :smile:

There were three of us at the beginning of year 12, one dropped out at the end of last year and another dropped it this year leaving me alone :frown: And in German there are only three of us... atleast it means a smaller student:teacher ratio I guess! :biggrin:
Posting to re-subscribe to this thread, I think I accidentally must have clicked "stop watching this thread" at some point.

In other news - argh still no offer for MMath :P
Reply 399
anymore offers for economics?

Quick Reply

Latest