The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2640
Original post by officeface
I got the letter through the post from them today, complete with a sheet of problems to solve! :smile: Should be interesting.

What is that for??? :O
Reply 2641
Original post by maths134
FINALLY got my UCL email thingy about open day thingy. Mine is on the 25th and the letter kinda implies they will give me an offer. What is everyone else thinking?

When did you submit ucas and when did you get the email??
Reply 2642
Original post by ms93
same :frown: only applied on Friday thought so I don't expect to that quickly I guess?

Errrm I think so. I submit on 12of Oct but UCL seems received it on 14th..
Reply 2643
Original post by ms93
Anyone got acknowledgement from Nottingham or Birmingham here? :\

Got an acknowledgment on the 20th of October from Notts regarding their Portal thing. Got my offer today.
Reply 2644
Original post by hamina93
... I'm doing exactly same subjects and got exactly same grades and predictions but why I haven't got any email ...T.T
Aaarrrg maybe my PS is too rubbish or because I dun hav gcse results....

I don't have gcse either (I'm international) I'm sure you will get it soon, be confident in yourself! It's just a matter of time.
Reply 2645
Original post by ykyy
Hi! Ive applied to trinity college.
yes,I received an invitation for the open day from imperial

Are you going to make it to the open day? If not, are you going to let them know you cannot make it for whatever reason?

For internationals, it may not be feasible to commute.
Reply 2646
Original post by new123
Great!!!! What are the conditions?

Did you get the UCL offer updated in track?

Thanks:smile: It's just the normal conditions. A*A*A+ STEP 2/Distinction or A*AA+STEP 1

Still no update on track, probably they only give official offers after you visit them... Has yours got updated yet?
Reply 2647
Original post by lmq0209
Thanks:smile: It's just the normal conditions. A*A*A+ STEP 2/Distinction or A*AA+STEP 1

Still no update on track, probably they only give official offers after you visit them... Has yours got updated yet?

No track update yet. So will the conditions not be known until the update as the track is still blank?

Are you an international doing A levels?
Reply 2648
Original post by new123
No track update yet. So will the conditions not be known until the update as the track is still blank?

Are you an international doing A levels?

I dunno actually. But it is the same as long as we finally get it.

Yep, came to the UK to do A levels.
Original post by like_a_star
ohhhh when did u send ur ucas? i want an offer :frown:

Sent mine off 11th Octover and got the email today =D.

Original post by TheMagicMan
I think it means you have an offer. Mine says 'I have recommended to our Faculty Office that you be made an offer for a place. You may already have heard formally from the College and from UCAS in more detail ' which implies an offer as otherwise how would ucas know?

Yeh mine also said this. Lets hope =D.
Original post by hamina93
What is that for??? :O

It's for the introductory day at UCL on 23rd November.
Sent mine off 11th Octover and got the email today =D.

Yeh mine also said this. Lets hope =D.

ohhh i sent mine on the 12th...fingers crossed i get one soon
Reply 2652
Original post by officeface
It's for the introductory day at UCL on 23rd November.

UCL seems to be making offers to a large number of applicants already!

Is it straight offers to all or is to subject to interviews?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mpc1
UCL seems to be making offers to a large number of applicants already!

Is it straight offers to all or is to subject to interviews?

my email (and I assume the others) say that the open day on the 25th is for 40 people. So thats 120 (3 open days). It also states that they dont feel they need to interview us as the info UCAS is enough.
Reply 2654
my email (and I assume the others) say that the open day on the 25th is for 40 people. So thats 120 (3 open days). It also states that they dont feel they need to interview us as the info UCAS is enough.

3 open days? which dates?

Any idea how many maths places are available in the department overall?
Reply 2655
Just wondering if anyone else got an email from imperial about the open day, does it make a difference to your application if you don't go?
Reply 2656
Original post by like_a_star
ohhh i sent mine on the 12th...fingers crossed i get one soon

Same!!! I sent mine on 12th and ucas processed on 14th.
so can we expect to get ones tomorrow or soon...?:colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Got invited for an open day/interview at Royal Holloway. Not sure what to make of it. :tongue:
Original post by L'art pour l'art
Got invited for an open day/interview at Royal Holloway. Not sure what to make of it. :tongue:

it means an offer...i know someone that applied at royal holloway for maths last year....he also got invited for an open day. :colone:
Reply 2659

120 for maths?

Latest