The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2660
Original post by hamina93
120 for maths?

There's 200 people doing maths/maths with something at UCL this year.
Reply 2661
Just got an offer from warwick :smile:
Original post by deejayy

same :biggrin:

my first offer :smile:
Reply 2663
Original post by officeface
Interesting. Do you think that there was a mistake when you filled out your nationality or birth details on the UCAS form which got missed out whenever it was checked? Or perhaps it's just their mistake.

Either way, hit the gym, lawyer up and get UCAS/referee/Warwick on the line!

Just found out my residential category was incorrect. I don't know why on earth I put "settled in the UK". It's really baffling me - I guess I do lack common sense at times.

Any who, I rang up UCAS who have said they've changed it to UK Citizen/EU national and I've emailed all my universities with attached copies of my passport to prove my identity lol!

Stupid really! But I suppose it's the rule!
Reply 2664
Original post by deejayy

Original post by goldfish134

I can't wait more......T-T.... When did you send applications???
got my first offer...warwick...a*a 2/distinction or aa 1 :colone:
Original post by deejayy

Did you guys get an email from the mathematics department saying that your application was currently being considered and saying it might take a little time? Just wondering and if yes, how long ago did you get it?
Reply 2667
Original post by Rahul.S
got my first offer...warwick...a*a 2/distinction or aa 1 :colone:

Congratulations...
When did you submit ucas??
Reply 2668
Original post by laughylolly
Did you guys get an email from the mathematics department saying that your application was currently being considered and saying it might take a little time? Just wondering and if yes, how long ago did you get it?

I've had one a few days ago; but haven't heard since if that helps.
Congratulations...
When did you submit ucas??

thanks on the 11th....i changed my course from g100 to g103 :eek: :colone:
Original post by Femto
I've had one a few days ago; but haven't heard since if that helps.

Yeah same here... the wait is killing me. Once the first offer comes through I think I'll be fine but till then I'm refreshing my email every 5 seconds :L
I can't wait more......T-T.... When did you send applications???

I sent my application on 4th October. I got that email two days ago :smile:
I sent my application on 4th October. I got that email two days ago :smile:

I got that same email two days ago and I think deejay did too. Ah hopefully I might receive an offer soon too then? Or rejection....
Reply 2673
Yeah same here... the wait is killing me. Once the first offer comes through I think I'll be fine but till then I'm refreshing my email every 5 seconds :L

Don't worry! :wink:

You'd only be rejected if your grades were unsatisfactory and since I am assuming they are not, it is only a matter of time before you start receiving some offers :cool:
Original post by Femto

You'd only be rejected if your grades were unsatisfactory and since I am assuming they are not, it is only a matter of time before you start receiving some offers :cool:

I hope so =) none of my friends have received any offers yet, well a lot haven't even applied yet so that makes me feel a little bit more at ease but when I go on here I get a little worried.
Reply 2675
Original post by Femto

I applied cam icl ucl warwick kcl
my as is aaaa , maths ums is 596/600 and predicted 4A*s,
Submitted UCAS on 12 and processed 14th...
And haven't got any UCL invitation or warwick offer or any...

Do you think it is because I dun have GCSE..?
Or submitted to late?

Does my grade seems enough for imperial???????

Aaarrrg I'm being crazy....
I hope so =) none of my friends have received any offers yet, well a lot haven't even applied yet so that makes me feel a little bit more at ease but when I go on here I get a little worried.

Three people at my school have offers from Glasgow now. None of them are maths though.

I'm still waiting :/
Original post by derangedyoshi
Three people at my school have offers from Glasgow now. None of them are maths though.

I'm still waiting :/

Oh okay. Well I'm the only person out of my year of 180 that's applied for Maths or even any sort of Maths course. No one has even applied for something with Maths (to my knowledge at least). They all think I'm crazy.
Oh okay. Well I'm the only person out of my year of 180 that's applied for Maths or even any sort of Maths course. No one has even applied for something with Maths (to my knowledge at least). They all think I'm crazy.

haha :L I know there's one girl in my year applying for maths, and I imagine a few other people will take maths modules in first year anyway. But yeah, I was speaking to someone who left after S5 and is now in first year at Edinburgh doing English, and she looked disgusted that I was doing maths :P
Not sure if anyone here would be interested, but here's all the OCR Maths past papers and solutions for every module, 2005-2011 -

http://www.mediafire.com/?kdtsa40p650h1gd

Just putting it here - probably the most likely place it'll be useful :smile:

Latest