The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3100
Original post by Edwin Okli
I'm slightly jealous although it completely doesn't bother me anymore that they rejected me. :wink:

Anyway, Cambridge, something to aim towards.

Why did hills reject you? You are more than clever enough to get in, is it because you live quite far away perhaps?
Original post by Rahul.S

Original post by Rahul.S
loooooool read your posts that you haven't heard back from Homerton...same here :frown: Trinity are on a rejecting massacre....seen 10 kids get rejected so far! guess not hearing from Trinity during this period is a blessing :cool: :colone:

What do you mean in your sig by "TRINITY'S EXACT REQUIREMENT"? :hmmm:

Also, last year they got back to me quite late about the interview (well, later than all the other Cambridge applicants I knew) so expect to wait another week perhaps :colone:
Reply 3102
Original post by Rahul.S
yh this is what I was telling my mate......no doubt cambridge's procedure of interviewing most of their applicants is the best way to go

Your SIG says AA offer from UCL? Did you get those conditions in track or did they send a letter- was there any open day / interview requirement?

AA is very good and congrats! Because many others got the std A*AA
Original post by jameswhughes
What do you mean in your sig by "TRINITY'S EXACT REQUIREMENT"? :hmmm:

Also, last year they got back to me quite late about the interview (well, later than all the other Cambridge applicants I knew) so expect to wait another week perhaps :colone:

lol dw about the signature thing....between one of my peeps :biggrin: yh I dont mind waiting as long its all good :colone:

hows warwick?
Original post by new123
Your SIG says AA offer from UCL? Did you get those conditions in track or did they send a letter- was there any open day / interview requirement?

AA is very good and congrats! Because many others got the std A*AA

a* i got already....which explains the aa offer....got a letter with some questions :yawn:
Bit off topic- but i dont no what A levels to chooose! I want to do maths degree; so Maths and FM is a must. As for the other 2, i dont take any languages and i hate english, science is soo much work and the only appealing ones are computing and theatre studies;(
but they arent really 'preferred!! Amd ive got a few more weeks to decide... Help?
Original post by OHNOGEM
Bit off topic- but i dont no what A levels to chooose! I want to do maths degree; so Maths and FM is a must. As for the other 2, i dont take any languages and i hate english, science is soo much work and the only appealing ones are computing and theatre studies;(
but they arent really 'preferred!! Amd ive got a few more weeks to decide... Help?

do physics I reckon if you want to go to a top university especially college in cambridge......competition if fierce.....kids that got AAAA getting rejected by Cambridge for Maths :s-smilie: computing could be a suitable fourth :biggrin:
Reply 3107
Original post by Rahul.S
a* i got already....which explains the aa offer....got a letter with some questions :yawn:

track update also gives the conditions?

Is this the official offer letter that is sent by post with accommodation, offer terms, details etc? is it sent from the maths dept or general faculty?
Original post by Rahul.S

Original post by Rahul.S
lol dw about the signature thing....between one of my peeps :biggrin: yh I dont mind waiting as long its all good :colone:

hows warwick?

It's very good, I'm really enjoying it here :colone:
Original post by OHNOGEM

1. Unless you're wanting to go to one of the top top unis further maths isn't essential. I mean I'm only doing the AS at the moment in year 13 and am still applying to places like Lancaster, Leeds.......

2. If you enjoy computing and theatre do those!! It's just as important to do things you enjoy :biggrin:

3. Depending on a chosen career path (and availability at your school) maybe look into economics or business type subjects......?

Good luck though!! And I'm sure whatever you take will be fine!! You'll do best in subjects you enjoy and as long as you have a level maths unis won't care that much about the other subjects.....
Original post by new123
track update also gives the conditions?

Is this the official offer letter that is sent by post with accommodation, offer terms, details etc? is it sent from the maths dept or general faculty?

official :yawn: wbu? where have you applied?
Original post by Rahul.S
do physics I reckon if you want to go to a top university especially college in cambridge......competition if fierce.....kids that got AAAA getting rejected by Cambridge for Maths :s-smilie: computing could be a suitable fourth :biggrin:

yeah that's crazy! Physics is like common sense made difficult.. :frown:
and what about theatre studies as a fourth?
Original post by BeccaCath94
1. Unless you're wanting to go to one of the top top unis further maths isn't essential. I mean I'm only doing the AS at the moment in year 13 and am still applying to places like Lancaster, Leeds.......

2. If you enjoy computing and theatre do those!! It's just as important to do things you enjoy :biggrin:

3. Depending on a chosen career path (and availability at your school) maybe look into economics or business type subjects......?

Good luck though!! And I'm sure whatever you take will be fine!! You'll do best in subjects you enjoy and as long as you have a level maths unis won't care that much about the other subjects.....

i reeeeally wanna go to Warwick! And i do reeeeally enjoy them lol!
Maybe if i choose a science and one of them?
Original post by OHNOGEM

yh as a fourth or computing...funnily theatre studies would be better...its completely fine as long you do physics as well. This is my opinion :cool: what have your teachers said?
Original post by OHNOGEM

nah - common sense made more difficult is economics :P

physics is just plain difficult
Original post by OHNOGEM

Economics and History/Philosophy. Sorted! :biggrin:
Original post by Rahul.S
yh as a fourth or computing...funnily theatre studies would be better...its completely fine as long you do physics as well. This is my opinion :cool: what have your teachers said?

he said to check it with the unis but there websites are soo confusing :s
Original post by patty9309
nah - common sense made more difficult is economics :P

physics is just plain difficult

lol! Wanted to do economics, but they dont do it at the sixth form i wanna go to :frown: and physics is kinda common sense like the apples falls because of gravity then it goes into force and the centre magnetic earth thingy.. Yeah don't listen much in the lesson..
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Economics and History/Philosophy. Sorted! :biggrin:

the sixth form doesnt do eco or philosophy:frown: and i didnt do history gcse because it was boring:
definitely do Fmaths and Physics.
*Physics is awesome*

Latest