The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachaelizabeth
Haha I'm like that too!
My tutor was always saying "You need to make sure you read any books you've mentioned in your personal statement at least twice in case they question you on them and prepare to be questioned on everything you've put!" and I was like "I don't think I'll have any interviews" and she was always like "You probably will!"
And now I have two offers without interviews and am expecting no interviews at all :P
I'd be rubbish at interview!

Aww hahah :tongue: I only read 1 book (well half of one book) and cant even remember anything about it so i'd be useless on that front!!!
But even job interviews and stuff i just crumble so i dont think i'd be putting myself across in a very good light!!
Original post by dom bradbury

Original post by dom bradbury
Yeah. Fair enough. Yeah, Cambridge would be my first choice, then i'm kinda undecided between Warwick Bristol and Durham (haven't been to anywhere cept Cambridge so I need to go to the open days!) then Manchester as my last choice. Damn train fares are gonna cost me a bomb!

That's just like me last year...Cambridge was the only university I had visited until March. I then visited Warwick and Bristol in March, never went to Durham or Imperial though :tongue:
Reply 3422
Original post by TRLMaths
I applied to Downing too! Interview 5th December. Written Test 9am and then interviews at 4pm and 5pm! And at Durham I applied for Josephine Butler Had a Nice feel about it!

Same! (but interviews are 3 and 4).

I applied to Van Mildert. I didn't do very much research into colleges at Durham (foolishly), but Van Mildert seemed sound :smile:

How're you feeling for the interview?
Original post by Edwin Okli
9:00 and 11:10, how about yours?

9.35 and 11.45! How are you preparing for interview and stuff then? What requirements did you apply for?
Original post by Small123

9.35 and 11.45! How are you preparing for interview and stuff then? What requirements did you apply for?

Well, I've been going through AEA papers which always provide some nice applications of A level stuff but I'm thinking I'll ask some teachers for help.

I "require" accommodation and dinner on the 8th, and breakfast and lunch on the 9th. Basically everything I could ask for.

And the same questions to you, good sir.
Well, I've been going through AEA papers which always provide some nice applications of A level stuff but I'm thinking I'll ask some teachers for help.

I "require" accommodation and dinner on the 8th, and breakfast and lunch on the 9th. Basically everything I could ask for.

And the same questions to you, good sir.

Sweet! I've yet to start preparing and I'm not too sure what I'd do, I don't think my teachers would be much help though :p:! Exactly the same again haha! How coincidental! I have the slight feeling I'll be up all night on the thursday doing maths :p:!
Reply 3426
Original post by MHRed
Same! (but interviews are 3 and 4).

I applied to Van Mildert. I didn't do very much research into colleges at Durham (foolishly), but Van Mildert seemed sound :smile:

How're you feeling for the interview?

Nervous to be honest! I'm not looking forward to the written test, as it could be ANYTHING. and the interview.... I think I'll just feel inferior to the lecturers:P

Sweet! I've yet to start preparing and I'm not too sure what I'd do, I don't think my teachers would be much help though :p:! Exactly the same again haha! How coincidental! I have the slight feeling I'll be up all night on the thursday doing maths :p:!

We can sit together in the hall and do maths. :biggrin: I'll probably get next to no sleep. Plot the graph of y = lots of complicated stuff. :smile:
We can sit together in the hall and do maths. :biggrin: I'll probably get next to no sleep. Plot the graph of y = lots of complicated stuff. :smile:

Haha it's going to be so nerve-racking! Have you been to Emmanuel before? Oddly I've visited 3 Cambridge colleges properly and Emmanuel isn't one of them!

Haha it's going to be so nerve-racking! Have you been to Emmanuel before? Oddly I've visited 3 Cambridge colleges properly and Emmanuel isn't one of them!

Yeah, it was the one that I wanted to visit the most. My brother said to me, "is there any point of you visiting any other colleges if you're just going to apply to Emmanuel regardless" or something to that effect. I mean, I know when I go back I'll just fall in love all over again.

Ducks for life.
Original post by tiny hobbit

Original post by tiny hobbit
Do you mean combinatorics?

Or is this a "different versions of English" issue?

i think it's more of a retardation issue... cheers for pointing that out now i have something to talk about at interview!

alternatively i can send them a corrected version of my form. i've genuinely thought that it was combinatronics for a while now, i think it was a portmanteau of combinatorics and electronics that stuck in my mind.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3431
Yeah, it was the one that I wanted to visit the most. My brother said to me, "is there any point of you visiting any other colleges if you're just going to apply to Emmanuel regardless" or something to that effect. I mean, I know when I go back I'll just fall in love all over again.

Ducks for life.

Those ducks must gain them hundreds of extra applicants every year :tongue:

If I get into Downing, I'll take it upon myself to sneak over and bring the ducks to us :biggrin:
Original post by MHRed

Original post by MHRed
Those ducks must gain them hundreds of extra applicants every year :tongue:

If I get into Downing, I'll take it upon myself to sneak over and bring the ducks to us :biggrin:

That sounds like a difficult task. If you try, the ducks will sabotage your duck-napping.
Hmm, anyone heard of people getting Oxford maths interviews yet?
how did everyone find the UCL open day?? Mine is this friday..
Offer from Bath! No STEP alternative oddly, oh well. :smile:
Original post by dnumberwang
Hmm, anyone heard of people getting Oxford maths interviews yet?

Nope. I haven't gotten anything yet and haven't heard of anyone getting one yet... maybe later this week?

Finally got an email from Durham asking for UMS. Though thing is I don't do A levels but hopefully the little note with my Higher bands I put on the form is clear enough... "/
(edited 12 years ago)
Offer from Bath! No STEP alternative oddly, oh well. :smile:

Gratz man! And I'm glad you like Emmanuel haha, I'm quite jealous that you have offers from two of my unis i haven't got offers from already :p:!

Gratz man! And I'm glad you like Emmanuel haha, I'm quite jealous that you have offers from two of my unis i haven't got offers from already :p:!

Thank you! Well, I guess in time. Ha, I was being impatient even when I had my offer from Warwick.. I really have a lack of patience but today I stopped waiting and soudain :O oh hello Bath. :biggrin:

In FP1 today we got to talking about our interviews and our maths teacher said that STEP isn't the best preparation for a maths interview. I think an open mind is the only way forward.
Thank you! Well, I guess in time. Ha, I was being impatient even when I had my offer from Warwick.. I really have a lack of patience but today I stopped waiting and soudain :O oh hello Bath. :biggrin:

In FP1 today we got to talking about our interviews and our maths teacher said that STEP isn't the best preparation for a maths interview. I think an open mind is the only way forward.

Haha I'm incredibly impatient! But well done man, that's awesome! Awesome, that's fair enough! What exam board are you on out of curiosity?

Latest