The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Small123

Original post by Small123
Haha I'm incredibly impatient! But well done man, that's awesome! Awesome, that's fair enough! What exam board are you on out of curiosity?

The standard Edexcel for Maths. :biggrin: How about you?
Anyone get sent the email requesting UMS from Durham?
When you filled it out, did you get an email almost instantly saying you've sent it off or did it take a while for that to cone through?

I just don't want to resend it again and look like a pleb!
Then again maybe I put the wrong email address; in which case I'm a bit of a fool!
Reply 3442
Original post by Miller693
When you filled it out, did you get an email almost instantly saying you've sent it off or did it take a while for that to cone through?

Then again maybe I put the wrong email address; in which case I'm a bit of a fool!

Yeah sorry to say this but my email came back pretty much instantly.
Okay weird question + at the wrong place BUT...

Er does anyone know the kinda grades/SAT's required to get into Ivy League for Math?

(have also posted in the US forum but still waiting)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=35018259#post35018259
Reply 3444
Borderline silver in the maths challenge :ahee:

Aah well! I've never been good at it anyway.
Original post by actuarialmaestro:p

[QUOTE=actuarialmaestro[excludedFace]tongue[/excludedFace];35018533]Okay weird question + at the wrong place BUT...

Er does anyone know the kinda grades/SAT's required to get into Ivy League for Math?

(have also posted in the US forum but still waiting)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=35018259#post35018259

I looked at MIT and they certainly only accept American qualifications. My suggestion: look on their websites; all the information should be there.
Original post by Edwin Okli
Offer from Bath! No STEP alternative oddly, oh well. :smile:

may i ask what gcse grades and AS UMS you got, just interested as i have applied for maths too and they say that they might not be able to make a decision until january. just want to know whether to expect a decision soon. cheers
Original post by Edwin Okli
I looked at MIT and they certainly only accept American qualifications. My suggestion: look on their websites; all the information should be there.

Er, I have but they dont say anything against other quals.... know of kids with A Levels who got in, so was just wondering if anyone here has any idea..

Anyway thanks mate!
Original post by ccfcadam36

may i ask what gcse grades and AS UMS you got, just interested as i have applied for maths too and they say that they might not be able to make a decision until january. just want to know whether to expect a decision soon. cheers

GCSE grades: 4A* 9A B (of which 2A's and the B are short course and 2A*s are from equivalent qualifications)

And UMS don't matter for Bath so all they really saw was my module grades and predicted grades:

Maths - predicted A* (achieved but retaking one module)
modules: 5A's and one pending

Further Maths - predicted A*

French - predicted A
modules: A, C (achieved A at AS)

Computing - predicted A*
modules: 2A's

English Lit - AS, achieved A
modules: 2A's

Hope that helps and good luck.
Reply 3449

Yeah, literally came back instantly, I'm afraid.
Original post by MHRed
Yeah, literally came back instantly, I'm afraid.

Ok well that confirms my suspicions; I am in fact a bit of a tool! Guess I'd better try again, and just hope I didn't put the wrong email on first time! Cheers :smile:
Original post by dnumberwang
Hmm, anyone heard of people getting Oxford maths interviews yet?

I've heard of a person applying to St Johns with an interview but not a peek from anyone else. Still waiting and hoping.... :tongue:
Reply 3452

I sent mine off and got a reply instantly too :/ If you look at the recipients it tells you everyone who received the e-mail. :')
Original post by fGDu
Yeah sorry to say this but my email came back pretty much instantly.

Ok thanks. I guess I'd better jut try sending the form off again! :tongue:
Original post by TRLMaths
I sent mine off and got a reply instantly too :/ If you look at the recipients it tells you everyone who received the e-mail. :')

Does that count as a breach of the Data Protection Act? No reason why anyone would care, just wondering whether it would fall under that category! :smile:
I got a post applicant invite to a day at liverpool but i dont really want to go... Are they vital/useful/necessary to attend?
Original post by BeccaCath94
I got a post applicant invite to a day at liverpool but i dont really want to go... Are they vital/useful/necessary to attend?

if you have already visited the university on an open day, then i wouldn't bother as you probably won't see any more than you did on the open day. :smile:
if you have already visited the university on an open day, then i wouldn't bother as you probably won't see any more than you did on the open day. :smile:

Ahh. I did go to an open day there and specifically looked around the maths department and went to a maths talk so.....
So will there not be anything new?
Has anyone else who applied to Durham not got an email asking for UMS yet?
Original post by TRLMaths

I have seen that haha. There are some funny email addresses one including 'midget gem'. Could be a tad awkward if thats yours and your name is Midget Gem haha...
Original post by BeccaCath94
Ahh. I did go to an open day there and specifically looked around the maths department and went to a maths talk so.....
So will there not be anything new?

southampton invited me to a visit day and they said there is no need to visit unless you want to refresh your memory. there might be some freebies though :tongue:

Latest