The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beth1234
Got an interview at Cambridge (on 13th Dec), but no offers :frown:
That doesn't sound particularly fair! Yeah, I did the SMC; found out my results today :smile:

Where have you applied? It sucks, I know someone with 5 offers now! Sweet, how did you do? And I guess all of those things could have easily been avoided by myself so I guess it's my fault lol, how are you preparing for interview and stuff then :smile:?
I have new levels of hate for spam-mail. I'm constantly going "oooh, email. Perhaps it's an offer" \Rightarrow :frown:.
Some douchebag in Australia has signed me up to loads of dating sites. No I do not want to meet kelly from Melbourne:angry:.
Original post by ben-smith
I have new levels of hate for spam-mail. I'm constantly going "oooh, email. Perhaps it's an offer" \Rightarrow :frown:.
Some douchebag in Australia has signed me up to loads of dating sites. No I do not want to meet kelly from Melbourne:angry:.

kelly ummm :sexface: you went in :biggrin:
Original post by Rahul.S
kelly ummm :sexface: you went in :biggrin:

like a boss
Original post by Beth1234
Got an interview at Cambridge (on 13th Dec), but no offers :frown:
That doesn't sound particularly fair! Yeah, I did the SMC; found out my results today :smile:

:woo: Well done! :biggrin:

At least you weren't spammed by Oxford :colonhash: I would prefer Kelly any day :sexface:
Reply 3485
Original post by lifesabeach
I have seen that haha. There are some funny email addresses one including 'midget gem'. Could be a tad awkward if thats yours and your name is Midget Gem haha...

I'm not midget gem. TRL are kind of my initials so you could work it out if you were super logical! I do like midget gems though....
Reply 3486
Original post by Xero Xenith
Anyone qualify for BMO1? My school just got the results back but they haven't told us yet... people in close cahoots with Maths teachers are rumouring who got Best in School. Just shows how geeky my school can be :tongue:

Does anyone know what BMO1 is like? What kind of marks are expected :s-smilie:

Yeah, got the confirmation today that I'm doing it and its my 1st time as well:biggrin: but I am really, really worried that this will be the first Maths test ever in which I score zero!
Anyone at UCLA today? On my own and very confused :P
Original post by hassi94

I doubt many people will have made the effort to go to California.

Spoiler

Original post by Small123
Where have you applied? It sucks, I know someone with 5 offers now! Sweet, how did you do? And I guess all of those things could have easily been avoided by myself so I guess it's my fault lol, how are you preparing for interview and stuff then :smile:?

I've applied to Cambridge, Imperial, Warwick and UCL, and have still left a last choice blank as I'm still not sure about it! I think it's going to end up as Bristol, or maybe Kings, or possibly LSE.

Did okay - got 80 marks, which is only just a gold! I was hoping for BMO though... Its a bit gutting actually, 'cause after the solutions were published, I realised that there were two questions that I'd got the right answer for but put down the wrong letter, and another which I got wrong due to a small arithmetic mistake :doh: Ah well, no time to dwell on it :biggrin:

Preparation? Um... STEP papers, BMO problem books and generally reading round the subject a little. Also rereading the books that I put down on my PS; some of them I'd read over a year ago! How about you? And what did you get on the SMC? :tongue:

Original post by cpdavis
:woo: Well done! :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin: How's the workload at Kings?
Interview at Cambridge (Sidney sussex) on the 8th December. Bricking it...
Original post by maths134
Interview at Cambridge (Sidney sussex) on the 8th December. Bricking it...

:biggrin: told you! :colone:
Reply 3492

Haha, at least it wasn't spam from UCAS "Share your views on the future of university admissions". As soon as I saw UCAS I thought ooh offer :s-smilie:
I doubt many people will have made the effort to go to California.

Spoiler

Stupid phone autocorrect!
Original post by hassi94
Stupid phone autocorrect!

It's unfortunate that it actually corrected it to another university.

How was it?
I got the STEP/AEA offer from Bath :biggrin: It's probably going to be my first choice as well so I'm absolutely delighted!
Reply 3496
Original post by theharrovian
i just wrote combinatronics, modular arithmetic and probability.

I am a bit worried about what to write down. Do you think these are what the questions will be based on or will we be expected to talk about such topics and what we know of them?
Original post by deejayy

Original post by deejayy
I am a bit worried about what to write down. Do you think these are what the questions will be based on or will we be expected to talk about such topics and what we know of them?

i doubt they mean much, just make sure you spell the terms correctly...
Original post by hassi94

If you mean UCL then yes... How did you find it?
I was at UCL today.. would have been nice to have actually had people to talk to but never mind :wink: How did you guys find it?

Latest