The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by os93
Hope it wasn't A-level French, another BSMS applicant who studies french right here!

Don't be scared. It's just my opinion and I might be wrong. I've not gotten interview from BMSM either; just keep the faith going.
Reply 441
Original post by Crowned Temmy
Don't be scared. It's just my opinion and I might be wrong. I've not gotten interview from BMSM either; just keep the faith going.

Hi guys just a heads up, i had an interview on Saturday and i did A level French so don't panic x
hey, i feel awful asking this but does anybody know when they start giving out rejections?
has anybody recieved any offers?
Reply 443
please baby interview me bsms
Reply 444
when do BSMS start sending out rejections/second batch of interview invitations?
Reply 445
from last year's thread, it seems february invites are in january. there should be a round of rejections coming up in december, along with a round of offers for those interviewed in november.
I just got rejected from BSMS, they said that competition for places was really high etc etc etc but they've let me apply for other courses at either Brighton or Sussex uni like Biochemistry and Psychology which is sweet of them :smile:
Reply 447
Original post by charleydavis
I just got rejected from BSMS, they said that competition for places was really high etc etc etc but they've let me apply for other courses at either Brighton or Sussex uni like Biochemistry and Psychology which is sweet of them :smile:

That sweet of them :smile: btw were else have you applied? Have you heard anything from them?...(sorry if I sound a bit nosey lol )....
Original post by xxsanhaxx
That sweet of them :smile: btw were else have you applied? Have you heard anything from them?...(sorry if I sound a bit nosey lol )....

Kings, Keele and Bristol. Haven't heard anything from anywhere apart from Bristol which was to say i'm on a waiting list sort of thing for an interview and they'll decide in January/February, ahh no worries it's not nosey! You? :smile:
Reply 449

sorry for your rejection. may I ask whether you were home/intl applicant and what your academics were like?
Original post by .eXe
sorry for your rejection. may I ask whether you were home/intl applicant and what your academics were like?

no worries :smile: i'm a home student and my grades are:
GCSE: 9 A*s and 3 As
AS Level: AAAB (Bio, physics, maths, chem)
Predicted A Level: A*A*A (Bio, Maths, Chem)
Reply 451
no worries :smile: i'm a home student and my grades are:
GCSE: 9 A*s and 3 As
AS Level: AAAB (Bio, physics, maths, chem)
Predicted A Level: A*A*A (Bio, Maths, Chem)

thank you! hmm you have really good grades I am surprised they rejected you :s Did you email them for feedback on your /30 score?
Reply 452
Kings, Keele and Bristol. Haven't heard anything from anywhere apart from Bristol which was to say i'm on a waiting list sort of thing for an interview and they'll decide in January/February, ahh no worries it's not nosey! You? :smile:

Oh I see...good luck....I've applied at Leeds, Southampton and Uea :smile: haven't heard anything but a confirmation email. :/
Reply 453
Original post by xxsanhaxx
Oh I see...good luck....I've applied at Leeds, Southampton and Uea :smile: haven't heard anything but a confirmation email. :/

we're applied to similar schools :tongue:

i havent heard anything either although I am intl so I guess I wont hear much until next year :frown:
just got me rejection. thats two in consecutive years from bsms :frown: thinking about it, I seem to be giving less of a **** this time around :smile: getting into medicine isn't the be all/end all of the world. they did offer me alternative courses tho

anyone else got rej this morn??
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 455
Original post by nahim9393
just got me rejection. thats two in consecutive years from bsms :frown: thinking about it, I seem to be giving less of a sh*t this time around :smile: getting into medicine isn't the be all/end all of the world. they did offer me alternative courses tho

oh no, someone else also got rejection today. I guess today is the day bsms is sending them out :frown: hope you're successful in your other choices!

may i ask if you are home or intl applicant and if its okay can you also post your stats so we can have an idea of what bsms are looking for :s
Original post by nahim9393
just got me rejection. thats two in consecutive years from bsms :frown: thinking about it, I seem to be giving less of a sh*t this time around :smile: getting into medicine isn't the be all/end all of the world. they did offer me alternative courses tho

I got rejected this morning too. Do you think you'll apply for any of the other courses they suggested. I've emailed them saying i want to be considered for Neuroscience at Sussex. I tried calling for feedback then realised the strike is on so Brighton is closed today haha :smile:
Reply 457
Rejection over here too :frown:
Here's hoping the other applications go down better...
Original post by .eXe
thank you! hmm you have really good grades I am surprised they rejected you :s Did you email them for feedback on your /30 score?

Mmmm the letter just said my application was strong but that it was very competitive etc etc. I might email them and ask for feedback but i spose there's not too much point now haha :smile:
Reply 459
Mmmm the letter just said my application was strong but that it was very competitive etc etc. I might email them and ask for feedback but i spose there's not too much point now haha :smile:

you never know, maybe they made a mistake. also, if you scores bad you can ask them what you can do to be a strong future applicant (if you still consider medicine in the future). good luck mate!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending