The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Business Administration - 2012 entry thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Soph1806
I would love to know where you're getting all this from, Bud Fox? Have you gone through the application process?

Yes, you're right - it's by no means impossible to get onto BBA and I'm sure there are more technically difficult application processes for other unis, like interviews etc.

However good grades, strong personal statement and extra curriculars are a prerequisite for all Unis nowadays, Bath being no exception.

Similarly any Business degree is competitive, but Bath has a very small intake so arguably, even more so.

Just saying this from my own experience as a 2nd year BBA :smile:

Yes, last year got my offer for the BBA in Nov. Made it my firm with KCL as insurance, declined both once my A-level grades came out and have decided to reapply to other universities. There were very average people from my school with B's in GCSE's and As/Bs predicted in A2 and still got over and some had mediocre PS's.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 21
Original post by Soph1806
Hi Alpha 5.

Hope you don't mind me pitching in here; I'm 2nd year BBA and currently on my first placement so just putting my two penneth in.

I think that you should aim high and go for front office at a top tier bank if that's what you wish - but I would NOT expect this in your first year by any means. There are many positions available that banks reserve for Bath BBAers for your first placement, but I think I can say accurately that these are all going to be back or middle office.

Haven't got to my second placement so not entirely sure, but I believe there will be more roles similar to front office, trading etc the second time round.

However, I would stress that either type of placement is difficult to get as this is obviously what the majority of students want. Getting a placement in general is VERY competitive and the placements office do not offer a panacea; the onus is very much on you. If you want a trading role, be prepared to really justify why.

I'm sure you know all this already, and sorry if it's unsolicited advice! I just found the whole placements thing a very different experience to what you would expect.

If you only listen to one thing I've said, let it be this - the most important thing to remember is that it is entirely what you make of it. Seek out your own opportunities, not just those advertised.

Good luck with your applications, I can't recommend Bath enough and in particular BBA, so go for it :smile:

thanks for your advice. I've got an offer for Accounting and Finance at Bath, it's different but still offers the placement year, though I didn't know there was 2 placements. I was thinking of the 3rd year placement in industry, I'm not sure what you guys call it though. But thanks anyway.
Reply 22
Anyone got any offers yet for 2012 entry? :frown:
Reply 23
Original post by MadMike457
Anyone got any offers yet for 2012 entry? :frown:

Nope :frown: Got offers from my other four choices so now just waiting on Bath. Typical that my favourite should be the last to reply :rolleyes: Scarryy too! hehe
Reply 24
Original post by Droplet1
Nope :frown: Got offers from my other four choices so now just waiting on Bath. Typical that my favourite should be the last to reply :rolleyes: Scarryy too! hehe

I got 1 out of my 5 so far lol which was Aston! Where else did you apply?

Only sent it off on the 15th, but like you Bath is my favourite so thats where I'm most looking forward to hearing from. Hopefully they knock out some offers this week or next... been watching the business/offer forums and haven't seen anything yet from the management school.
Reply 25
I got 1 out of my 5 so far lol which was Aston! Where else did you apply?

Only sent it off on the 15th, but like you Bath is my favourite so thats where I'm most looking forward to hearing from. Hopefully they knock out some offers this week or next... been watching the business/offer forums and haven't seen anything yet from the management school.

Umm, Sussex, Lancaster, Exeter and Warwick. I haven't seen Warwick Uni yet so who knows, maybe I'll end up preferring there to Bath! But I did really like Bath :smile:

I applied on the 3rd on November so thats why I have had quite a few replies, but hopefully Bath will reply soon!! Yeah that's reassuring... :smile:
Reply 26
Umm, Sussex, Lancaster, Exeter and Warwick. I haven't seen Warwick Uni yet so who knows, maybe I'll end up preferring there to Bath! But I did really like Bath :smile:

I applied on the 3rd on November so thats why I have had quite a few replies, but hopefully Bath will reply soon!! Yeah that's reassuring... :smile:

I applied to Lancaster too... what offer did you get? The Business Administration (study abroad) one is the one I'm hoping for.
Reply 27
I applied to Lancaster too... what offer did you get? The Business Administration (study abroad) one is the one I'm hoping for.

I applied for just the business studies course, I didn't realise there was a study abroad option :frown: its unlikely that I'll go to Lancaster anyway as it is really far away from home and I would prefer to be nearer. The offer was AAB.
And what was the offer?

Conditional, IB: 38 points overall,
Reply 29
Anyone else recieved a reply so far?
Reply 30
Anyone else recieved a reply so far?

Still waiting... I've heard back from my other four choices, just waiting for bath now! :smile:
Reply 31
Still waiting... I've heard back from my other four choices, just waiting for bath now! :smile:

Sameeee, getting impatient now! hehe...
I've had an email saying that they will not being replying until after Jan 15th. I am an international though if that helps.
Reply 33
I haven't received an offer yet either!

Also, does anyone have any preference on which one would be better?!

Exeter Business and Management with Industrial Experience or Bath BBA?
Reply 34
Original post by Hazst
I haven't received an offer yet either!

Also, does anyone have any preference on which one would be better?!

Exeter Business and Management with Industrial Experience or Bath BBA?

Bath :P
Reply 35
Bath :P

Have Just received an offer from Bath for BBA literally 5 minutes ago for AAA!

Yaaaaaaay :smile:
Reply 36
^^ I had the same offer today!! Yay us!!
Reply 37
Original post by Hazst
Have Just received an offer from Bath for BBA literally 5 minutes ago for AAA!

Yaaaaaaay :smile:

Original post by JustSmile.

Nice one! Well done! :biggrin: You both must be really happy! Is Bath your first choice?

When did you send off your apps? :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by JustSmile.

Nice one! Well done! :biggrin: You both must be really happy! Is Bath your first choice?

When did you send off your apps? :P

Well done! :biggrin:

Thanks! Yeah well it's between Bath or Exeter for me..Although I think I'm swaying towards Bath!

I sent my application off around early November (I think) - Good luck!!
Reply 39
I got an offer from Bath for AAA yesterday too! :biggrin: woop!

Quick Reply

Latest